American cultural obsession with a fighters physique and figure over actual combat effectiveness

Weight cutting is gay period.

Majority of fighters are most competitive in the weight class where they arent holding a lot of extra bodyfat, that's why most UFC fighters below HW are pretty lean.

HW is an exception because the division ranges 60 lbs so if one isnt making 205 there's no added competition by letting themselves go up to 265.

When a guy is fat for their weight class it makes us wonder how much better they would be able to place if they dieted better and fought against smaller but leaner competition.

The barrel physique has always been among the best fighters. Fedor was as solid as they come, beast of a man, so bad example. Roy Nelson couldve been LHW or even MW champ with some gastro discipline, bad example because his fat was detrimental to his very high level talent. I understand that youre venting about Costa, Overeem, Sexyama etc. worship but there have been plenty of diamond cut champs too. Go for a walk.

Good-diet DC could have been 4-Division champ

Good-diet DC could have been 4-Division champ

Zabit can literally fight in every Weight Class except maybe HW.

6'1.5 / 73 Reach and fighting 145 is kinda bullshit.

Still like this Guy but don't support this shit.

You must have missed the spider love who is no fucking Adonis.

Or the love for fedor and the meme of this is what a optimal male looks like.

The issue you are having is that good looking people get further quicker. That is what pisses you off.

So do something about it. Go get better looking and catch up.

This has nothing to do with being American it's a common sense thing in sports with weigh-classes.
Being a fat MW at HW might work for some fighters like Fedor, Nelson, DC etc but being in their actual weight-class would probably have worked out better for them.
See Jared Cannonier for example.

Its the bullshit the yanks are fed from a young age about the NFL and NBA. They think big roided up muscle equals fitness and chin.

You're right about the young age part, but it's not the NFL and NBA. It's superheroes (ex: Marvels, DC comics) in cartoons.

How did Bigfoot beat Fedor and his “perfect physique” then? Skill?

You're right about the young age part, but it's not the NFL and NBA. It's superheroes (ex: Marvels, DC comics) in cartoons.

Have you watched the nba and nfl? The announcers say stuff like “these are the most athletic men alive” all the time.

He isnt that murica?!
All looks, no content.

Weight cutting is gay period.
It’s not gay, just cowardly.
Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
Being gay.
Being cowardly is pretty wrong.

One of things that pisses me off the most.
This is a combat sport, not a modelling contest and figure admiring competition.

I get tired of the amount of threads I see, 'Fedor is a middleweight or fat welterweight'
'So and so needs to cut weight'

(Also many threads about Rogans body but a separate topic)

I remember Chuck used to get criticised for ''not looking like a fighter' when he was lhw champion!

As though because he didn't look like a body builder something was wrong.
The pressure drove tubby Josh Barnett to roid to avoid ridicule for his build when it was totally unnecessary for his fighting performance.

If you are man enough to fight and win at an upper weight, you don't need to cut weight and fight smaller guys to please some ideal of having a slimmed down good looking physique.

The GOAT HW (open weight class)View attachment 731113 looked like this.

That's right, perfect fighting build including some fat for fuel and more weight for power and padding to absorb shots.
Looks like a big sized regular guy with a belly because this is fighting not modelling.

Honorary mentions among many others:
View attachment 731133
View attachment 731119
I was thinking about making a similar thread criticizing this muscle obsession - but from the point of view of skinny guys. There are many good and great fighters who barely have any visible bulk yet they perform exceptionally well.

Izzy, Silva, Jones, Gus, Volkov... all skinny.

Brunson ridiculed Izzy for being "too skinny" before their fight and got smoked. That was great to see.

Zabit can literally fight in every Weight Class except maybe HW.

6'1.5 / 73 Reach and fighting 145 is kinda bullshit.

Still like this Guy but don't support this shit.

Hard to say, do you know what weight he walks around at?

My comment about DC isnt based on his height & reach but his bodyfat levels at HW and LHW.

With Zabit, since he's already lean, it would depend on his natural LBM - is it much higher than it is at FW?

6 months of TDD and the rock beats miocic

The sad thing about this is that some people believe he will do better than CM Punk... because muscles. Which kindof proves OPs point.

Thankfully he isn't a dumb loudmouth himself and respects MMA, so he would never be stupid enough to sign for a pro-fight.

Back