Opinion America: Should It Exist?

America the country or america the corporation?

I order to succesfully split off from the US, it would have to be a few neighbouring states all doing it at the same time and it would definitely lead to war.

So it's less about the states' rights to do it and more about their means.

America: Should It Exist?
Yes.
...this question is specific to whether one believes the colonists of the time had a right to demand their independence from Britain. Where they on the "right side of history"?
Yes.
. Did the colonies have a right to independence from England? Yes.
. Did the South have a right to secede from the Union during the American Civil War? No.
. Should Texas be allowed to secede from the Union? No.
. Should Puerto Rico become the 51st state? No.
. Should Americans have taken land away from the Indians? Yes.

I love the way the song sounds, but he's imagining a lot of things that make people lives worse, not better.
I think the song has some pretty naive, hippy dippy ideas but at the same time complaining about such an iconic song would make me look like a fuddy duddy.

Yes.

Yes.
. Did the colonies have a right to independence from England? Yes.
. Did the South have a right to secede from the Union during the American Civil War? No.
. Should Texas be allowed to secede from the Union? No.
. Should Puerto Rico become the 51st state? No.
. Should Americans have taken land away from the Indians? Yes.
<31>

I think the song has some pretty naive, hippy dippy ideas but at the same time complaining about such an iconic song would make me look like a fuddy duddy.

Lol. I think using the word fuddy duddy makes you seem a bit fuddy duddy. I disagree with cartoon Ben Shapiro in that I find the piano chords evocative rather than pretentious, but I am not a profound music critic like he is.

Everyone has the right to demand independence from a ruler. It's just a matter of if the person demanding indpendance has enough power to make it happen. The American colonists it turns out the power achieve it
Yup might DOES make right, in terms of law, whether people like that or not.

If two countries dispute an island or territory the one who can enforce their claim wins (see Falklands war).

Trump is testing this now. He is saying to Congress you have no authority over me and I dont have to obey any law I dont want to. Try and make me. And ultimately if no one can enforce any law on his office it does become right (new precedent).

If any group wants to cede from another the only question is who has the might to enforce their views?

Imagine if Native North Americans (any indigenous) had the power to force all land disputes to be adjudicated in their courts and how different things would look. Would anyone say they would be wrong to run it thru their own courts if they had the power to enforce that?

So many threads about US civil war and states suceding from the union. I'm convinced 1/4 of the war room posters are Russian operatives. Give it up you red bastatds we arent going anywhere!

At the time, breaking off from Britain was a good call. Even now, it still would be. England as a whole has been under control by Globalists for a long time. America actually managed to break the Globalists rule for a bit there, but after WW2 (And During) America was used as pawns and are now under their cabal as well.

We lost WW2. And now the Globalists are ahead of schedule for the great demographic change. Look at Paris, London or California. Is that what my Grandpa went to war for?

yes, the US was right
no state could do it now b/c A) US Navy.

not even a need for a B. The US Navy could blockade any country on earth, w/ relative ease. China's entire economy for instance would come to a grinding halt w/o the ability to export

We lost WW2. And now the Globalists are ahead of schedule for the great demographic change. Look at Paris, London or California. Is that what my Grandpa went to war for?

Sadly, it is. As depressing as that is.

I order to succesfully split off from the US, it would have to be a few neighbouring states all doing it at the same time and it would definitely lead to war.

So it's less about the states' rights to do it and more about their means.

I cant imagine a modern US Civil War..

Yiu got nukes and certain Military bases are concentrated in some states but the personal are diverse from different states.

So I cam see mutinees on USN Destroyers,CVNs.

You could see fighting within bases like for example the USN base in Japan could have a firefight between their personel.

It would be chaotic.

I bet China and Russia would be on some sort of their Version of Def con alert

I want to clarify something. I am not advocating a dissolution of the United States or a breakoff of any particular state. This is just a discussion on a topic I thought might generate some chatter.

You realize the dreaded demographic change began decades before the World Wars, no?

The fears of this change are even more foolish than the mumblings about Pallatine boors from a previous epochs' exemplar............

Back