America Has Been at War 93% of the Time – 222 out of 239 Years – Since 1776

it's pretty misleading to cite cold war as an actual war, as well as citing the vietnam war for many years in which we weren't part of it (when it was france's war).

there were likely other fabrications/fast and loose citations, i started at the end and worked up only to vietnam.

also, it would be more fair to say 'involved in wars' than "at war," because most of the years cited were not.

ShallowMintyAgouti-size_restricted.gif

Yup, running the world is a tough business.
Exactly the kind of sentiment the ruling class and the military industrial complex loves to hear , you are their pawn .

Ok you are a theistic Christian then.

Oh and when I said Cultural Christian, I meant you identify with Christendom. Similar to how a lot of evangelicals and Southern Baptists identify with Christian culture from an identatarian perspective and aren't actual Christians.

Geography is a huge factor in how a country develops. The US is lucky in having a large, protected landmass with a very high population.
It's not luck. With a poor political system, it would be very easy to have a North American landmass teeming with small states constantly at war with one another. It isn't geography that has led to US unity; it's politics.

Ok you are a theistic Christian then.

Oh and when I said Cultural Christian, I meant you identify with Christendom. Similar to how a lot of evangelicals and Southern Baptists identify with Christian culture from an identatarian perspective and aren't actual Christians.

No.

I am a Christian by birth. My belief is if you look at the magnificence, and incomprehensible size (both large and small), and time scale of the universe, combined with all the things that just “happen to be” (from electromagnetism, to biology and quantum mechanics), I can’t help but think there is something more.

If there is a creator, I doubt he cares if I eat meat on a Friday. Passing gay marriage was one of Obama’s only actual accomplishments. Check your ignorance at the WR door.

China Russia Britain Germany Netherlands France and even AUSTRALIA of all places (I'm an Aussie) have very similar timelines.....

The world has been at war with us 100% of the time. Liberty is not the usual condition of man.

Calling a dozen Marines in two Naval vessels dispatched to Tripoli as a six-year Barbary "war," shows you how retarded this summary is.

Sure, America loves war. No doubt about that. But no need to exaggerate like this.

Quality and unity of that population is more important.

Take a look at Africa. They have much land, lots of people, lots of natural resources. I believe many of their countries like Nigeria are leading 10 GDP countries, yet they're in the bottom ten for income.

Why can they not unite? Why can they not profit themselves off of all the natural resources their continent has? All their countries in the west, middle portion, and southern regions could act like states and they could unite as a singular region minus North Africa. Yet they don't. Why?

Could it be that perhaps Christianity is superior belief of thoughts and promotes a way to live among large populations of people in ways others do not?
You seem to forget that we "the white people" went to Africa, robbed them blind of everything that's worth anything ( gold, diamants , all kinds of emeralds, oil and we took the people as well as slaves) and after that we ran the entire continent into the ground and now you wonder why Africa isn't doing that great ??
Not to mention it's Christianity that forbids the Africans to use comdoms and keeps aids going there.
Fuck your Christian beliefs, they are nothing but a means to keep dumb people down.
After 51 years the ignorance and stupidity of christians still amazes me, when it really shouldn't anymore.

The U.S. Has Only Been At Peace For 21 Years Total Since Its Birth

Below, I have reproduced a year-by-year timeline of America’s wars, which reveals something quite interesting: since the United States was founded in 1776, she has been at war during 214 out of her 235 calendar years of existence. In other words, there were only 21 calendar years in which the U.S. did not wage any wars.

To put this in perspective:

* Pick any year since 1776 and there is about a 91% chance that America was involved in some war during that calendar year.

* No U.S. president truly qualifies as a peacetime president. Instead, all U.S. presidents can technically be considered “war presidents.”

* The U.S. has never gone a decade without war.

* The only time the U.S. went five years without war (1935-40) was during the isolationist period of the Great Depression.

Year-by-year Timeline of America’s Major Wars (1776-2011)

So we can add 4 more years of war. That means that for 222 out of 239 years – or 93% of the time – America has been at war. (We can quibble with the exact numbers, but the high percentage of time that America has been at war is clear and unmistakable.)

Indeed, most of the military operations launched since World War II have been launched by the U.S.

And American military spending dwarfs the rest of the world put together.

No wonder polls show that the world believes America is the number 1 threat to peace.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/ameri...-time-222-out-of-239-years-since-1776/5565946

this list is nothing compared to the British empire or the EU. So calm down, when youre a world power your gonna be labled a threat 99% of the time

:meow:

"To survive war, you gotta become war."
What are you pussies going to do about it? Aside from use such strong words on a debate section of a karate forum?

Jack and shit.

Stand up against the US, boycott it, you don’t like it enough.

But no you post here on an American site, you watch American movies, you buy American products, the list really goes on.

Put up or realize you’re just talking and that’s all you got.
And yet worldwide violence is down exponentially - and somewhat in line with the rise in US power and influence.

Huh. Imagine that.

Now, that's.... pretty fuckin' awesome. <45>

Yet, I tend to think that doing things such as laying the foundations of statistical mechanics, molecular biology, quantum chemistry, quantum computing and nanotechnology; inventing aerospace and bringing industrial high tech into existence; making the vast majority of advancements and breakthroughs in human medicine, sequencing the human genome and all but dominating the realms of space science and exploration to expand man's knowledge of the earth, solar system, galaxy, universe and our place within in it are bigger points of collective patriotic pride.

America's post-1945 foreign policy can't really stand as anything short of appalling to any secular humanist. The grievances of the Middle East and Latin America are particularly valid. However, I'd say the ills in terms of lives lost are obviously going to be exacerbated by default through possession of the most advanced weaponized technology that any world power has ever had at its disposal.

It also isn't as if the tensions and conflict between actors the likes of Russia and Ukraine/Baltic states, China and Taiwan, China and Japan, China and India, India and Pakistan (British policy), Saudi Arabia and Iran, Turkey and the Kurds, or divide between the Sunnis and Shiites in the Muslim world wouldn't exist independently of any US involvement whatsoever in global affairs. The world and humans in general are going to clusterfuck it up regardless.

Most of the harshest criticism and arguments to be found in virtual spaces are usually from a contemporary European citizen perspective and it's kind of difficult for me to buy strongly into that. There was no "western world" in a geopolitical sense before the US created it. There was no "free trade" as it exists now before the US created it, which is largely underwritten by the US Navy given 90% of international trade is maritime.

How bad has it really been for Europe? The US put it under a collective security blanket, oversaw its constituent countries made economically co-dependent (to cease cannibalistic intra-wars), opened its own markets for Euro states to export their way back to affluence during the post-war rebuilding process and it ushered in what has been about the longest era of both sustained peace and prosperity in the continent's history.

It’s impossible to understate just how much Americans enjoy blowing up other humans abroad. Iraq and Afghanistan might have made people a bit squeamish about interventions but that’s very much a temporary phenomenon and only due to the fact that they turned into a costly shitshow. It’s gonna be time for another one sooner or later.

It's not all of us, for sure. So many of us are so stupid though, we ra ra ra when some dipshit like Trump says we need to rebuild the military at the better part of a trillion per year. If you asked the average American if they'd like America out of other nations, they'd say yes, but if the next question was asking them if you'd like to see military spending sharply reduced (taking your troops out of the manifold countries you have them in obviously would do so)? Fuck no!! Obama tried that, and Trump's bringin it back!!!!

I mean, a large segment of the population thinks we have a populist in the White House despite him being one of the elites they hate, having fucked over countless small businesses, saddled the taxpayers with his debt, bought politicians, and generally been a scumbag landlord. They'll cheer drain the swamp as he puts the management of Goldman Sachs into the center of American financial policy.

The Barbary wars were in response to pirates from North Africa raiding Mediterranean trade routes. I'm critical of American foreign policy, especially when it comes to war, but America can hardly be seen as the bad guy in that instance.

Crazy statistic. Then again, war is much more tolerable when it's not raging on your own doorstep.

Crazy statistic. Then again, war is much more tolerable when it's not raging on your own doorstep.

Peter gets a little wild with his geopolitical predictions and often neglects a fundamental aspect of the modern world in his analysis, but this bit was just straight fax.

You seem to forget that we "the white people" went to Africa, robbed them blind of everything that's worth anything ( gold, diamants , all kinds of emeralds, oil and we took the people as well as slaves) and after that we ran the entire continent into the ground and now you wonder why Africa isn't doing that great ??
Not to mention it's Christianity that forbids the Africans to use comdoms and keeps aids going there.
Fuck your Christian beliefs, they are nothing but a means to keep dumb people down.
After 51 years the ignorance and stupidity of christians still amazes me, when it really shouldn't anymore.

Would they be better off with China or India managing them?

Why were they not able to fight off the Christians and not be seduced into their belief system?

Why did they not have a better military and arms when they have so many resources to defend themselves against the Christians?

Now, that's.... pretty fuckin' awesome. <45>

Yet, I tend to think that doing things such as laying the foundations of statistical mechanics, molecular biology, quantum chemistry, quantum computing and nanotechnology; inventing aerospace and bringing industrial high tech into existence; making the vast majority of advancements and breakthroughs in human medicine, sequencing the human genome and all but dominating the realms of space science and exploration to expand man's knowledge of the earth, solar system, galaxy, universe and our place within in it are bigger points of collective patriotic pride.

America's post-1945 foreign policy can't really stand as anything short of appalling to any secular humanist. The grievances of the Middle East and Latin America are particularly valid. However, I'd say the ills in terms of lives lost are obviously going to be exacerbated by default through possession of the most advanced weaponized technology that any world power has ever had at its disposal.

It also isn't as if the tensions and conflict between actors the likes of Russia and Ukraine/Baltic states, China and Taiwan, China and Japan, China and India, India and Pakistan (British policy), Saudi Arabia and Iran, Turkey and the Kurds, or divide between the Sunnis and Shiites in the Muslim world wouldn't exist independently of any US involvement whatsoever in global affairs. The world and humans in general are going to clusterfuck it up regardless.

Most of the harshest criticism and arguments to be found in virtual spaces are usually from a contemporary European citizen perspective and it's kind of difficult for me to buy strongly into that. There was no "western world" in a geopolitical sense before the US created it. There was no "free trade" as it exists now before the US created it, which is largely underwritten by the US Navy given 90% of international trade is maritime.

How bad has it really been for Europe? The US put it under a collective security blanket, oversaw its constituent countries made economically co-dependent (to cease cannibalistic intra-wars), opened its own markets for Euro states to export their way back to affluence during the post-war rebuilding process and it ushered in what has been about the longest era of both sustained peace and prosperity in the continent's history.

I like your contemporary European is the stereotypical critic. That’s an interesting one because their heritage regardless of which major European country they’re from have more blood on their hands that the US. Nontheless that African border disputes, and ME, are a product of conquests long before the US was ever a major player. Those very lines are contributing to modern wars. Do we need to mention who really fucked up Latin America? The banana wars were long after someone else came along and forever changed that landscape.

I’m being sarcastic with my over the top “what are you going to do about it post”, but the point remains: there are a lot of complaints and not really a lot of protest.. I heard 10s of germans protested at the US embassy after we killed that Iranian national hero like a dog in the street. Any big talking warroom sherdoggers in attendance?

Calling a dozen Marines in two Naval vessels dispatched to Tripoli as a six-year Barbary "war," shows you how retarded this summary is.

Sure, America loves war. No doubt about that. But no need to exaggerate like this.

There are also omissions in that list. For instance in 1918-19 the US invaded Russia during the russian civil war with about 13.000 men.

Back