America has 0 moral authority to complain about hacking elections. Nothing to hide, nothing to fear!

They exposed the inner workings of the DNC and the Hilary campaign (same thing it turns out) and that caused a lot of bad blood in the (D) base. That caused(?) lower turn out for Hilary and possibly help lose her the election.

Basically the Russians pulled back the curtain and exposed how corrupt and undemocratic the whole election truly was and that is unacceptable.

See, this is still bad. You're agreeing that Russia had anything to do with wikileaks. They absolutely did not.

MSM is bullshit but definitely works.

Snowden is a goof, wanna be script kiddie.

See, this is still bad. You're agreeing that Russia had anything to do with wikileaks. They absolutely did not.

MSM is bullshit but definitely works.

I don't think Russia had anything to do with it because Assange has denied getting information from them. I was talking the MSMs motivation to run with this story line. It gives them credence to sabotage and undermine Trump even more with their base.

The hypocrisy would be humorous if the entire system was so disgusting.

I don't know it like Americans do but yeah, your system seems nonsensical from the outside in a lot of different areas.

How you're still stuck with first past the post for your presidential campaigns is beyond me.

I don't think Russia had anything to do with it because Assange has denied getting information from them. I was talking the MSMs motivation to run with this story line. It gives them credence to sabotage and undermine Trump even more with their base.

It's very worrying. They are pushing this Russia thing hard. Need to check who owns the media organizations that are lying.

A person can be smart but people are dumb and too many are buying into this Russia thing.

Still, nobody is saying what was done for this so-called 'hack'.

Yet everyone is convinced that Russia 'hacked' the election. What did they do? Hack voting machines? Change ballots?

Media is dangerous as fuck. Good thing we have Facebook to tell us what fake news is.
They have a firm faith in the power of narrative and media manipulation so are convinced that all the people consider them to be very good and caring people instead the pieces of ...that they really are.

It's very worrying. They are pushing this Russia thing hard. Need to check who owns the media organizations that are lying.

A person can be smart but people are dumb and too many are buying into this Russia thing.

The FBI and CIA need to release their information if the Russians really did this and take action to ensure it doesn't happen again.

I doubt their because this is the same group of people that said they were not spying on the US population before Congress. Clapper should be charged with perjury.

Honestly it's kind of ironic, the 'horror' expressed by our president that a foreign government would dare intervene in our election. We've been fucking with other governments for years.

Who the hell is arguing against this from a position of moral superiority? It's about another country fucking with ours. If we fuck with their country I fully expect them to react in the same manner.

Also, every nation has something to hide. If you think otherwise you are adorably naive.

It is funny isn't it. "If you have nothing to hide, then why don't you support the Gestapo?" Dumbasses.

Now we have democrats saying corruption is ok, exposing it is the problem!

cant we just play the hacks off like ppl play off police harassment??

if you arent committing a crime you shouldnt mind your privacy invaded and to be publicly humiliated. all in the name of justice, of course.

i think we should all be hacked, if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear!!!

Who the hell is arguing against this from a position of moral superiority? It's about another country fucking with ours.
Thank you. The imperative here is not moral, it's protecting our process. Our history with foreign elections is legendary-fucked, but that doesn't mean we should roll over for this.

that's like not caring about freedom of speech since you have nothing to say anyway

well, im continually told around these parts that things like "stop n frisk" and general police harassment is justified by "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about"

shouldnt that amazing logic apply to hacking, too???

1 Go watch Snowden. America probably know what underwear your granny has on, and what her favourite biscuits are. L I T E R A L L Y.

2 America have been interfering with elections and democracy in other nations for years.

USA simply has no moral standing to complain about any of this.

basically this is what russia did to america.

we have to stop acting like whatever americans think is right, is actually right or actually matters.

might is right vs morally right vs objectively correct are all different things.

its like someone stopping their car to tell a tramp off for littering. the guy driving the car is obviously killing the planet a lot more than the CO2 midget in the cardboard box. but people somehow believe that this fantasy world weve constructed is correct. it isnt.

america has fucked with other nations democratic process for years. its bad what russia did, but its all in the game. adults should realise that, and invest in protection and a little less provocation perhaps.

hello Seiger and well met,

i'm not morally outraged about what the Russians have done to the United States. i don't know many (if any) folks on this forum who have acted as if its about "morals" at all.

your OP is a bit of a strawman.

as others have noted, it's a national security concern. its not about morals.

- IGIT

1 Go watch Snowden. America probably know what underwear your granny has on, and what her favourite biscuits are. L I T E R A L L Y.

2 America have been interfering with elections and democracy in other nations for years.

USA simply has no moral standing to complain about any of this.

1300135648053.gif

basically this is what russia did to america.

we have to stop acting like whatever americans think is right, is actually right or actually matters.

might is right vs morally right vs objectively correct are all different things.

its like someone stopping their car to tell a tramp off for littering. the guy driving the car is obviously killing the planet a lot more than the CO2 midget in the cardboard box. but people somehow believe that this fantasy world weve constructed is correct. it isnt.

america has fucked with other nations democratic process for years. its bad what russia did, but its all in the game. adults should realise that, and invest in protection and a little less provocation perhaps.

Those are fair points.

But would just keep in mind there's a reason why people are often advised not to talk religion and politics. The former due to the irrationality of disproving the existence of God, and the latter due to politics being one giant exercise in hypocrisy. The level of hypocrisy in international relations around prosecution of "war crimes", what constitutes "terrorism", where people can place their nukes, and of course, interfering with elections as your point out is a giant exercise in hypocrisy.

And then domestic politics is a giant exercise in hypocrisy as well. We know if the shoe was on the other foot the same people attacking Shillary and defending Dolan would be doing the exact opposite... and vice versa.

It's why I stay an independent: The far right is completely delusional about situations, and the far left is completely delusional about solutions.

So you can't own a car and complain about someone littering?

its moral insanity. its a good example of moral insanity.

dont rearrange the gardening, while im killing the planet.

Who the hell is arguing against this from a position of moral superiority? It's about another country fucking with ours. If we fuck with their country I fully expect them to react in the same manner.

Also, every nation has something to hide. If you think otherwise you are adorably naive.

you did fuck with their country. thats kind of the point.

I've yet to see a story of the U.S. directly interfering with Russian elections

it's usually a 3rd country where both nations are trying to gain influence

Back