Amazon's new MMO: New World

SheetsMMAfan

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Game-Studios-New-World/dp/B07GB3ZV9M

New World just went to Alpha, and I got an invite. I remoted into my PC at home and am downloading it now, so I can play when I get home from work tonight. It's under an NDA of course, but I will at least let everyone know whether I liked it or not after a few nights.

I thought the requirements were pretty hefty to say the least. It's either an unoptimized mess, or it's a beautiful and graphically intense game. Here is hoping it's the latter.

Recommended Specifications:
  • Supported OS: Windows 10
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-2600K/AMD Ryzen 5 1400
  • RAM: 16GB RAM
  • Hard Disk: SSD
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD Radeon R9 390X or better
  • Additional Requirements: Internet connection required, Hard Drive Space: 35GB
I am interested in seeing what kind of game that Amazon can produce. I am a fan of MMO's in general, and somewhat a fan of survival games, so this should be interesting for me.

Did anyone else sign up and/or get in? Thoughts in general from what you can find scouring the web?

With EA, Blizzard, and Bethesda shitting the bed recently, it would be cool to see Amazon step up and become a great gaming team.

It says click email me to sign up but there is no email me button.

Let us know

Blizzard got shanked, bleeds to death while its raped by Activision, and will never be the same, EA are a bunch of two faced dipshits that is known by all at this point and now Bethesda is becoming EA with their latest blatant lies and quite possibly criminal activity, fucking assholes

also on topic didnt know Amazon did games

If im not wrong i think Amazon has been recruiting quite a few devs from other mmo studios to make this but also that other game called Breakaway which was supposed to be some esports game but later got cancelled.

When i heard about Amazon making a mmo game it got me interested but when they revealed it to be a survival game i kinda lost interest.

Im still keeping an eye on it, just hope its not your typical DayZ, Rust, Ark game.

Last edited:
If im not wrong i think Amazon has been recruiting quite a few devs from other mmo studios to make this but also that other game called Breakaway which was supposed to be some esports game but later got cancelled.

When i heard about Amazon making a mmo game it got me interested but when they revealed it to be a survival game i kinda lost interest.

Im still keeping an eye on it, just hope its not your typical DayZ, Rust, Ark game.

Rust is the best game out so hopefully its a lot like Rust

With EA, Blizzard, and Bethesda shitting the bed recently, it would be cool to see Amazon step up and become a great gaming team.

Tbh everyone has been fucking up lately. Rushed products by over worked teams and becoming the norm in a bid to out pace competition.

The floor is kind of open for new players with their own take on things to come in and make their mark, and maybe this effort from Amazon will be it.

Tbh everyone has been fucking up lately. Rushed products by over worked teams and becoming the norm in a bid to out pace competition.

The floor is kind of open for new players with their own take on things to come in and make their mark, and maybe this effort from Amazon will be it.

Yeah, this is what excites me.

Blizzard got shanked, bleeds to death while its raped by Activision, and will never be the same, EA are a bunch of two faced dipshits that is known by all at this point and now Bethesda is becoming EA with their latest blatant lies and quite possibly criminal activity, fucking assholes

also on topic didnt know Amazon did games

They released their Lumberyard engine a couple of years ago, which is basically CryEngine w/ AWS integration. They've been slowly making their moves.

Not sure what I can and cannot talk about, but I was very impressed after an hour. Only 1 server up, it was a western one and I was in EST, over 100 players on it, and the game looked great and ran great.

I had a ton of fun in the hour or two I played it. Will keep y'all updated with super vague stuff, like had fun and/or didn't have fun or whatever.

I can see Rust players enjoying this game.

Not sure what I can and cannot talk about, but I was very impressed after an hour. Only 1 server up, it was a western one and I was in EST, over 100 players on it, and the game looked great and ran great.

I had a ton of fun in the hour or two I played it. Will keep y'all updated with super vague stuff, like had fun and/or didn't have fun or whatever.

I can see Rust players enjoying this game.
You really think that devs are patrolling the net to throw you in jail for that?

You really think that devs are patrolling the net to throw you in jail for that?

I don't know what to think, but I really didn't play enough to leave a huge detailed review either.

It's SUPER promising. I was in closed Alphas/Betas for quite a few survival games and MMOs, and I feel that this is one of the best closed Alphas that I have ever played, as far as polish goes.

I played Torchlight Frontier a week or so ago, and it just felt like BLEH, and I love the Torchlight series. This game just felt engaging right away. World is huge, and there were enough people on to make it fun. Compared to Conan Exiles and ARK in closed states, this game will blow them up.

BTW, was getting 45-50fps with an i7 and a 1080ti on 4k. Textures we're popping in when walking long distances, bit not NEAR as bad as the fallout engine. 100% able to deal with it, as it was so far out that it didn't bother me, and, it's in closed Alpha...

Anyone playing the beta?

I've watched a couple streams. Looks like your standard MMO.

I played an earlier build, plays like ESO, with a lot less content, and some really outdated concepts. It is really going to be a pvp centric game, and right now the pvp is atrocious unless you use a ranged weapon.

Back