Economy Amazon wins $303 min court fight in blow to EU tax crusade

Peter_Panner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1*VRA0QTRGTPDmQM0g2jQ1zw.jpeg

Amazon (AMZN.O) won its fight against an EU order to pay about 250 million euros ($303 million) in back taxes to Luxembourg in a blow to competition chief Margrethe Vestager's crusade against preferential deals.

The setback renewed calls from EU lawmakers for a global corporate tax deal and legal analysts said Vestager was unlikely to give up her pursuit of large companies over the amount of tax they pay.

The bloc failed to show that Luxembourg had given the U.S. online retailer special treatment in violation of state aid rules, the EU's General Court ruled on Wednesday.

READ full article here: https://www.reuters.com/technology/eu-court-scraps-amazons-303-mln-eu-tax-order-2021-05-12/

So what is the deal with Amazon winning so much?
Are the prosecutors not doing a proper job?
Are people picking on Amazon because of their success?

The only issues I have with Amazon are that I feel like companies like them are bad for some business. The other issue with them is that they are starting to take away peoples' freedom of speech under some absurd guidelines. They take down things that they don't like and lie about the reasons.

Kinda sad. But the EU really wasn’t smart when it cobbled itself together and made sure all these laws were airtight or could be properly superseded by EU laws

reminds me of the sofa industry. Where there are different companies owning different rands distribution rights and those are good overs from decades ago.

Is there anything Jeff Bezos can't do?

So what is the deal with Amazon winning so much?
Are the prosecutors not doing a proper job?

It's just that laws are made to pamper big corporations and the super wealthy while pretending that they don't.

Kinda sad. But the EU really wasn’t smart when it cobbled itself together and made sure all these laws were airtight or could be properly superseded by EU laws

reminds me of the sofa industry. Where there are different companies owning different rands distribution rights and those are good overs from decades ago.

The EU is a lot more decentralized than what we have with states/federal government. Each country still wants some sovereignty from the EU but they still acknowledge it’s beneficial to be in it.

The EU is a lot more decentralized than what we have with states/federal government. Each country still wants some sovereignty from the EU but they still acknowledge it’s beneficial to be in it.
True. It’s not a proper state. But they are having trouble figuring out where they should stand and how.

was hoping you’d ask for soda distribution

Back