Economy Amazon Defeats Unionization Drive in Alabama

That's always a possibility, and it's undoubtedly will be the view of the Union, who ofcourse will completely ignore what the Amazon employees in Alabama have to say about them enjoying their current $15.30/hour plus generous medical/dental benefits on Amazon's dimes without having to pay a penny into any Union bosses' pockets.

All in all, I think the Union simply chose the wrong crowd to pander to. They might be more successful with a less happy work force somewhere else.
I’m no pro union guy but conditions at Amazon warehouses and the such are bad. I think it would have done some good if this had happened but it also doesn’t help that USA unions don’t fight smart at all

Lol. Idiots

Unions have no place in today's society, especially in a company like Amazon. Unless of course you want everything completely automated at a faster rate. It's sounds like you hate people and want UBI...
Just because most unions are shit in the US doesn't mean they don't work. They work very well in some countries.

Lol. Idiots

Just because most unions are shit in the US doesn't mean they don't work. They work very well in some countries.
I agree and it’s a major problem. Honesty US unions are usury so bad that it’s better to not be in them. And that has been unfortunate for workers and has created a great deal of outsourcing

Laughable wages and worker rights in many sectors in the US.
Oh I know. Problem is unions in my experience went out of their way to fight for bad workers and those with the most time in. Everyone else got nothing. US unions are mostly worthless in the private sector and I see why most people don’t want them Wold be nice if someone made a union that fought the right fights

They'll just move elsewhere if a union is voted in. I'm assuming this was implied somehow and people decided to drop it.

I’m no pro union guy but conditions at Amazon warehouses and the such are bad. I think it would have done some good if this had happened but it also doesn’t help that USA unions don’t fight smart at all
Please post evidence of these "horrible" conditions for us.

They’ve been posted. Peeing in bottles, forcing workers to go through security on their own time while trying to leave work. Etc
Amazon specifically states that peeing in bottles is a violation. They do not want their drivers doing that. Now do their employees choose to? I'm sure, just like many truck drivers will choose to piss in bottles to save some time and for the convenience (not having to hold it in and find a place with a washroom).

Forcing workers to go through security? The horror!

That’s got to be a joke. That shit is like common knowledge at this point
Feel free to post it then if it's so common.

Amazon specifically states that peeing in bottles is a violation. They do not want their drivers doing that. Now do their employees choose to? I'm sure, just like many truck drivers will choose to piss in bottles to save some time and for the convenience (not having to hold it in and find a place with a washroom).

There’s this great resource we have now called Google. I suggest you use it. I just checked and it’s got plenty on the topic

Oh I know. Problem is unions in my experience went out of their way to fight for bad workers and those with the most time in. Everyone else got nothing. US unions are mostly worthless in the private sector and I see why most people don’t want them Wold be nice if someone made a union that fought the right fights
Unions are better for the worker. The party you think is the bestest ever has a 50 year history of legislating anything they could get away with to shit on workers, their rights and their wages. Increasing debt and blowing wall street. Don´t act like you care about the common worker. Because the party you endorse certainly doesn´t.
And don´t fucking lie. Ohh in my experience unions protect bad workers. No they fucking don´t and anyone who says that is a fucking moron who has no clue. You are like the poster boy idiot who amazon would have targeted with their propaganda.
I had better wages and rights in 95 than any current US worker thanks to unions.

Last edited:
Unions are better for the worker. The party you think is the bestest ever has a 50 year history of legislating anything they could get away with to shit on workers, their rights and their wages. Increasing debt and blowing wall street. Don´t act like you care about the common worker. Because the party you endorse certainly doesn´t.
And don´t fucking lie. Ohh in my experience unions protect bad workers. No they fucking don´t and anyone who says that is a fucking moron who has no clue. You are like the poster boy idiot who amazon would have targeted with their propaganda.
I had better wages and rights in 95 than any current US worker thanks to unions.
There is no small bit of irony either in that these are supposedly the staunchest defenders of capitalism. Yet here they are making laws to govern the economy, showing us that the whole thing is a sham and their really just voting in regulations in favor of their corporate interests

There is no small bit of irony either in that these are supposedly the staunchest defenders of capitalism. Yet here they are making laws to govern the economy, showing us that the whole thing is a sham and their really just voting in regulations in favor of their corporate interests
I don´t think that either US party has a very good track record when it comes to this stuff. But that being said, the republicans have really gone out of their way to fuck over working class americans at least since Reagan.
The american dream died in the early 80s. It used to be that anyone could make it and should shoot for the stars. Now it´s more about making sure that anyone below you doesn´t get anything so that you have someone to look down on. That´s why social mobility is dogshit in the US. But hey, anyone that does it differently is just a commie right?

Ok you’re just being a troll. Have you ever seen me talk about workers rights?
I have a lot issues with the Republican Party and only this last election voted for them again. I hadn’t voted R since 04. But go ahead making tons of assumptions based on that
You realize I can be for people and still think USA based unions are dumb. It’s not zero sum.

Going through security in their own time. That’s not the same thing. FOrcing someone to do something before or after work on their own time is illegal

Lol. Idiots

Unions are shit in canada too.

But you usually don't feel the dues. The first agreement they strike usually gets you a raise at minimum which covers the cost of dues so you end up making the same wage.

But unions in Canada are fairly toothless. They made it illegal for essential services to go on strike by passing legislation in nova scotia, so the last time the had a healthcare workers strike they immediately passed the legislation and started fining people $300 a day if they didn't report to their scheduled shift.

Going through security in their own time. That’s not the same thing. FOrcing someone to do something before or after work on their own time is illegal
Apparently not according to the Supreme Court's unanimous decision:

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/10/...ainst-worker-pay-for-security-screenings.html

And that's hardly something I would consider "horrible" working conditions. It's a little bit worse than time spent driving to the office in my opinion. But when you are talking about "horrible" working conditions, consider the fact that people are deep inside coal mines in almost complete darkness getting black lung as part of their jobs.

Apparently not according to the Supreme Court's unanimous decision:

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/10/...ainst-worker-pay-for-security-screenings.html

And that's hardly something I would consider "horrible" working conditions. It's a little bit worse than time spent driving to the office in my opinion. But when you are talking about "horrible" working conditions, consider the fact that people are deep inside coal mines in almost complete darkness getting black lung as part of their jobs.
Perhaps. I know Amazon has taken advantage of their workers and has a history of making people work for free. That’s how he got off the ground he used stock options to get his workers to work after work and even got them to get their SOs to work for free.

LOL! Was going to ask the same thing. I think @D 1 Wrestler drank too much last night after getting rejected on Tinder all night.

Funny how the two double yellows think the same . Wonder if you two will get banned at same time too lol.

Back