Economy Amazon Defeats Unionization Drive in Alabama

It doesn’t matter anyway. If they had voted to join the union, the union would just end up needing the money from a massive corporation like Amazon and all they would have to do is say it corporate policy and the unions won’t do anything because they don’t want to fuck with the union dues coming in from the workers and the kick backs from the corporations for siding with them 51% of the time.

Except Azure and Google Cloud don't sell services on that platform. AWS hosts competitor marketplaces to Amazon, whom sell competitor products to Amazon Essentials. There have been multiple reports of price fixing and other related practices the old vertically intergrated companies of the late 19th and early 20th century used to do.

So Amazon should be broken up because you don't like that they can host competitor websites?

<Huh2>

So we're just saying shit like "monopoly" just to make you feel better huh?

Sourcing products from a third party still isn't vertical integration too lmao.

Workers cannot win in this situation. If they boost their compensation then Bezos will just roll out the robots faster. In 10 years, humans will have nothing to do with how physically receive goods, and maybe even some services. Drones, self driving cars, automated stock pickers, sorting systems, etc.

I opened up two of those links and both specified delivery services...literally exactly how I said. Making my point isn't disproving me lmao.

<Huh2>

Just blow in from stupid town huh?

I'll leave the evidence for the floor to decide. I couldn't give less of a fuck what you think of mem The optics of you licking Bezos' balls are amazing though.

I'll leave the evidence for the floor to decide. I couldn't give less of a fuck what you think of mem The optics of you licking Bezos' balls are amazing though.

The optics of you posting a bunch of shit you didn't read is even more amazing.

<6>

The optics of you posting a bunch of shit you didn't read is even more amazing.

<6>

I did read it. You just don't like what is written, so have casual gazed over to look for the point you already were going to make, with a heavy dose of confirmation bias.

You literally have a committee report to Nancy Pelosi there calling them a monopoly.

I won't post any silly gifs though, as that is the action of a moron who doesn't have a clue what he is talking about

I did read it. You just don't like what is written, so have casual gazed over to look for the point you already were going to make, with a heavy dose of confirmation bias.

You literally have a committee report to Nancy Pelosi there calling them a monopoly.

I won't post any silly gifs though, as that is the action of a moron who doesn't have a clue what he is talking about

Bruh, Pelosi is the majority leader lmao. If she really believed Amazon was a monopoly, they'd take action.

Know what I see?

https://disclosures-clerk.house.gov/public_disc/ptr-pdfs/2020/20015042.pdf

Kg3Cqgg.png

Yeah, dumb gifs.

<puh-lease75>

This is correct. Amazon pays start at $15.30/hour + medical/dental/vision benefits in their Alabama warehouse, so their argument that their employees already getting everything the Union want without having to put their money into the Union bosses' pockets certainly resonate with their workforce there.

The Amazon union vote failed. 2 workers explain why they voted against unionizing.
Annabelle Williams | Apr 9, 2021

6059c35f106eb50019d050ae

https://www.businessinsider.com/ama...s-voted-against-unionizing-alabama-2021-3?amp
It must be nice to find solace in a job where all you do is scan and sort packages. I'd lose my fucking mind after a week.

It must be nice to find solace in a job where all you do is scan and sort packages. I'd lose my fucking mind after a week.

Scanning labels for $15/hour beats dealing with asshole Chads and Karens in retails/customer service, I think.

It accused Amazon of interfering with the right of employees to vote in a "free and fair election", including by lying to staff about the implications of the vote in mandatory staff meetings and pushing the postal service to install a mailbox for the vote in an effort to intimidate workers.
This union is spreading misinformation and is a threat to our democracy.

This is correct. Amazon pays start at $15.30/hour + medical/dental/vision benefits in their Alabama warehouse, so their argument that their employees already getting everything the Union want without having to put their money into the Union bosses' pockets certainly resonate with their workforce there.

The Amazon union vote failed. 2 workers explain why they voted against unionizing.
Annabelle Williams | Apr 9, 2021

6059c35f106eb50019d050ae

https://www.businessinsider.com/ama...s-voted-against-unionizing-alabama-2021-3?amp

The right has repeatedly said that coal workers can't find other jobs but this article says Thomas did. This article is fake news!
tenor.gif

Working non union sucks. Did it for years. I can pass a 1inch thick full pen weld test first try but non union thought I was only worth 20 an hour no benefits. Quit joined union, get 40 an hour, best insurance I’ve ever had, 401k, local pension, international pension, Dental/ vision, sasmi (non inion guys have zero clue what this is) so I’ll explain. Sasmi is money my employer pays j to so if I do get laid off they pay me what unemployment doesn’t. Unemployment is 600 a week here. I make 1200 a week after taxes when working. Sasmi compensates me the difference, so I always even when unemployed get 1200 a week. If it builds up to high I just randomly get sasmi checks in the mail even when working. Right after the first stimulus check I got a sasmi check for 6800. Never even missed a minutes of work. Very very small portion of non union works get this benefits package and if you do you can thank unions for fighting for a prevelant wage. Prevelant wage is the only reason you getting paid good your employer wouldn’t give you shit if that wasn’t around. Incoming..... I make more than that...... yeah I bet you do. Keep telling yourself that. And FYI the median income per household where I live is 34k. I make double that. And my wife in a union as well. Our household makes 4 times the median income. NOn union in the same field you aren’t coming close to this.

Yea this is dumb. The union would have been able to negotiate much better wages, benefits, and working conditions. The loss in dues would never have been seen. It is amazing how people eat up the propaganda that unions are bad.

At worst these folks are in a RTW state and don't even have to pay dues in order to reap the benefit of the union's collective bargaining power. The most cynical employees could have just said, "I will vote "yes" on the union. Solidify the contract and if I am really better off I will start paying dues."

I once lived through a unionization attempt and the same (primary) threat was used by management in Georgia: "If the union comes in we will shut down this warehouse." That's what motivated the huge "no" vote. These workers were railroaded into believing they were trapped in a Hobson's choice between $15 an hour or the unemployment line.

The town on Bessemer needs Amazon a lot more than Amazon needs Bessemer. They were probably worried that Amazon could just pick up and move to a different town if that was the long term cheaper option, and that's not exactly a place where the employees could just go find a better job.

Well looks like we can add Amazon workers to the list of people who need liberals to tell them what is actually good for them. Move over minorities and women!

Working at Amazon is nice. The company is massive and puts those who can’t compete out of business of course there’s a bunch of cans who don’t like them.

I’m sure coercive ethics were employed. I’m sure if they won, they’d all be fired. Think most people just wanted to keep their heads down and keep their jobs

boycott Amazon btw

That's always a possibility, and it's undoubtedly will be the view of the Union, who ofcourse will completely ignore what the Amazon employees in Alabama have to say about them enjoying their current $15.30/hour plus generous medical/dental benefits on Amazon's dimes without having to pay a penny into any Union bosses' pockets.

All in all, I think the Union simply chose the wrong crowd to pander to. They might be more successful with a less happy work force somewhere else.

Back