Economy Amazon Defeats Unionization Drive in Alabama

Orgasmo

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Looks like Lord Bezos has beaten the peasant rebellion.
Amazon has defeated activists hoping to establish the company's first unionised warehouse in the US.

Workers at the Bessemer, Alabama warehouse voted 1,798 to 738 against the effort, labour officials said. That represents a majority of votes cast, though some ballots have been challenged and have yet to be counted.

The union said it would challenge the results.

It accused Amazon of interfering with the right of employees to vote in a "free and fair election", including by lying to staff about the implications of the vote in mandatory staff meetings and pushing the postal service to install a mailbox for the vote in an effort to intimidate workers.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56695667

rtr2m9rf-e1460132430421.jpg

1,798 scabs.

Wow 3/4 of the voters voted against it, I would love to know the propaganda Amazon spread around that place to make that happen.

wouldn’t surprise me if they brought in external workers in the lead up and explicitly told them this vote will be public, it seems ludicrous that that amount of people would vote against their own interest

Wow 3/4 of the voters voted against it, I would love to know the propaganda Amazon spread around that place to make that happen.

I would have just said "It'll make Bessemer worse than it already is".

I had to go there for work and pledged never to go again lmao. There was a house casually burning down as we drove in. <Lmaoo>

Yea but the right said amazon is good because aoc blocked them from providing jobs. Plz help make sense if this righties

Yea but the right said amazon is good because aoc blocked them from oricison work

Honestly when Bernie and other progressives started to weigh in on the Amazon union issue, the thought crossed my mind that they may be poisoning the well since it's Alabama. If I were Bezos I'd have had posters up with Bernie's face slugged "Collective Bargaining is for Commies".

Back