Amazing new museum inaugurated in Cuba

Rod1

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Since most people alive in Cuba were born during the revolution, they never got to experience the horrors of capitalism and thus they dont understand how the glorious revolution saved them from the horrible life of living under the thumb of the burgeois.

And just like Auschwitz was turned into a museum so that people "never forget" Cuba has created a museum to show the evil of a market economy.

The museum is called "Mercado unico 4 caminos" or unique market four roads, here regular Cubans experience the dismal experience that the unemancipated proletariat in yet to be liberated countries experience.

Here they walk in the halls of well-stocked merchandise, priced in evil foreign currency and sold for profit (also known as theft). This museum is even interactive, you can exchange imperialistic currency and take a souvenir home for it, simulating how an slaved proletariat exchanges his labor for goods in a subjugated nation.

However as most Cubans dont even bother with foreign currency and reject the notion of profit-driven endeavors, most locals just go there to observe the horrors and leave the museum empty handed.

Although some Cubans who have relatives living aboard, seem to be asking for currency so they can for once get the full experience and realize the horrible reality that awaits anyone who leaves the worker's paradise.

The museum seems to be a complete success with long lines of people willing to take the tour, although as i said before, most are there just to watch and avoid partaking into the interactive experience.

What a joke of a museum, pure propaganda.

Capitalism so bad

<34>

damn I need to brush up on my Spanish. that motherfucker speaks way too fast for me as it stands now.

What a joke of a museum, pure propaganda.

tenor.gif

damn I need to brush up on my Spanish. that motherfucker speaks way too fast for me as it stands now.

Caribbean accent.

Im a native Spanish speaker and I can't understand Caribbean Spanish for shit.

I remember reading somewhere that the Soviets tried the same thing by allowing the TV show Dallas to be shown in the USSR. The idea was to show Americans as a bunch of immoral backstabbing people. But it blew up in their faces because people saw representations of the wealth and success that was possible in America.

Patria o muerte compañeros!

Me personally I blame those dastardly yankis always up no good

Since most people alive in Cuba were born during the revolution, they never got to experience the horrors of capitalism and thus they dont understand how the glorious revolution saved them from the horrible life of living under the thumb of the burgeois.

And just like Auschwitz was turned into a museum so that people "never forget" Cuba has created a museum to show the evil of a market economy.

The museum is called "Mercado unico 4 caminos" or unique market four roads, here regular Cubans experience the dismal experience that the unemancipated proletariat in yet to be liberated countries experience.

Here they walk in the halls of well-stocked merchandise, priced in evil foreign currency and sold for profit (also known as theft). This museum is even interactive, you can exchange imperialistic currency and take a souvenir home for it, simulating how an slaved proletariat exchanges his labor for goods in a subjugated nation.

However as most Cubans dont even bother with foreign currency and reject the notion of profit-driven endeavors, most locals just go there to observe the horrors and leave the museum empty handed.

Although some Cubans who have relatives living aboard, seem to be asking for currency so they can for once get the full experience and realize the horrible reality that awaits anyone who leaves the worker's paradise.

The museum seems to be a complete success with long lines of people willing to take the tour, although as i said before, most are there just to watch and avoid partaking into the interactive experience.

Are you being sarcastic or are you really a complete idiot that believes such nonsense. Life here is pretty miserable, people line up outside stores every day for things like cooking oil, bread, diapers, etc... most are living on about a dollar a day and have no hope for any type of future for their kids. Some days there’s running water in my house, some days there isn’t. The streets are mostly filthy, stray dogs shitting everywhere, the infrastructure falling apart. Hospitals are free, but often when you go to one you walk out more sick then when you entered. Show me a Cuban under 50 (one that’s not completely brainwashed by the revolutionary bullshit) who wouldn’t give anything to get off the island.

I’m guessing you’re typing this nonsense somewhere from the comfort of the first world capitalism that you shit on. How about you move here for a few months then we can have a conversation about how glorious the revolution is and how terrible capitalism is.

Are you being sarcastic or are you really a complete idiot that believes such nonsense. Life here is pretty miserable, people line up outside stores every day for things like cooking oil, bread, diapers, etc... most are living on about a dollar a day and have no hope for any type of future for their kids. Some days there’s running water in my house, some days there isn’t. The streets are mostly filthy, stray dogs shitting everywhere, the infrastructure falling apart. Hospitals are free, but often when you go to one you walk out more sick then when you entered. Show me a Cuban under 50 (one that’s not completely brainwashed by the revolutionary bullshit) who wouldn’t give anything to get off the island.

I’m guessing you’re typing this nonsense somewhere from the comfort of the first world capitalism that you shit on. How about you move here for a few months then we can have a conversation about how glorious the revolution is and how terrible capitalism is.

I think our Mexican friend laid it on pretty thick man. Are you Cuban?

I think our Mexican friend laid it on pretty thick man. Are you Cuban?
My wife is Cuban, we live in Canada but we have a house here and are here for most of the winters to escape the cold and spend time with her family. Most Cubans are great people, some of the nicest you will meet, but the conditions here are terrible and most would do anything to get out. Anyone glorifying the Cuban system doesn’t give a shit about the Cuban people. Some of our friends and family here have so much potential and ambition, but they will never have a chance to realize it because this system keeps them down. Love the people, hate the country, except the beaches and the weather.

My wife is Cuban, we live in Canada but we have a house here and are here for most of the winters to escape the cold and spend time with her family. Most Cubans are great people, some of the nicest you will meet, but the conditions here are terrible and most would do anything to get out. Anyone glorifying the Cuban system doesn’t give a shit about the Cuban people. Some of our friends and family here have so much potential and ambition, but they will never have a chance to realize it because this system keeps them down. Love the people, hate the country, except the beaches and the weather.

Im sorry but you are clearly part of the bourgeois and thus unable to understand the struggle of the glorious proletariat, just look at how many Cubans visit the museum and nobody buys anything that's clearly because Cubans dont want to partake on the evils of capitalism, not even as an academic endeavor.

Im sorry but you are clearly part of the bourgeois and thus unable to understand the struggle of the glorious proletariat, just look at how many Cubans visit the museum and nobody buys anything that's clearly because Cubans dont want to partake on the evils of capitalism, not even as an academic endeavor.
The OP and this cracked me up. I rarely laugh at my computer screen but I couldn't hold it.
Great post comrade!

Out of curiosity, ethnically what are most Cubans in Cuba now? A huge portion of the white population up and left after the revolution and settled in Florida pretty much for good, and it's once small but prosperous Chinese community has completely died out. Are most Cubans today black and mixed?

Lol, dude...rod is just being cheeky. He's one of the biggest anti Cuban Communists on this board. Give it time though, there will be several first world communist sympathizers coming in to berate him soon enough

Not to make excuses for the commie dipshittery but hasn't there been an embargo against Cuba for over 40 years?

I remember reading somewhere that the Soviets tried the same thing by allowing the TV show Dallas to be shown in the USSR. The idea was to show Americans as a bunch of immoral backstabbing people. But it blew up in their faces because people saw representations of the wealth and success that was possible in America.
That was Romania. But yeah same thing. Even low level capitalism is better than communism

Out of curiosity, ethnically what are most Cubans in Cuba now? A huge portion of the white population up and left after the revolution and settled in Florida pretty much for good, and it's once small but prosperous Chinese community has completely died out. Are most Cubans today black and mixed?
I would say most are black, or mulato, but there is plenty of white European looking people as well. There are blond people with blue eyes, although less common. I am mostly in the province of Camaguey, and I’ve been to Havana and Holguin quite a bit as well but from what I hear there are more dark people in certain places such as Santiago de Cuba, although I’ve never been there. If I had to guess I would say about 20% of the citizens are white, probably about 40% black, and the rest fall somewhere in between, at least in the big cities.

Back