Opinion Amazing look at SpinLaunch insane engineering of spinning a rocket at 6 times the speed of sound ..

I would imagine there are fail safes built in but nothing perfect and it seems to bring some risk? I imagine there is a protocol for a safe distance from the platform to protect the people operating the platform.

Safe distance further than low earth orbit.

Whenever a company claims it will achieve high speeds because they're operating in a vacuum, yet they don't have vacuum technology, have no vacuum, I know it's bullshit. The same thing happened with the VirginLoop.

Best of luck to them. Not that they are the first to pursue cheaper launch methods.
Project HARP tried the big gun method from Jules Verne's 1865 novel, "From the Earth to the Moon" (the guy in charge of the research, Dr Gerald Bull, lived an interesting life until his assassination, presumably by Mossad).
Not sure that Spinlaunch prototype really demonstrates an ability to overcome the major technical challenges, including catching a counterweight with the sort of energy they'll need to produce.
At least the failures should be pretty spectacular.

Dumbest idea in history of ideas, maybe ever.

But, hype drives todays market, make a CGI video with a futuristic concept, and you could be worth billions in notime!

Back