amateur shadow boxing (vid pages 1,4,5)

try shadow boxing slow working on technique. if you have any friends that are boxers have them help you with the basics of punching. keep it up and keep training

nice kicks, but dont drop your hands as much and turn your hips more when throwing punches.

try shadow boxing slow working on technique. if you have any friends that are boxers have them help you with the basics of punching. keep it up and keep training
I have today training I am gona try that slow shadow boxing , You are right techniq is first after that is speed

THX

I am after training , I ve tried that slow shadow boxing and i think if Iam gona train more like thet that gona rise My techniq skills ,thx

BTW Some kick's from today

hevy bag

Relax, you are too tense. Let your hands flow, don't punch like a robot.

My observations...for what it's worth. I can see that you have the skills to be able to work properly if you had proper instruction but I also see a lot of bad habits left over from traditional arts. For one thing your kicks, although good as a TKD or a karate kick, are not as good as an MMA kick. TKD or karate kicks are usually designed to tag an opponent and then return. Even when you think you're kicking hard, the kick is still focusing on the refolding of the leg and the return. The kicks kind of kick "at" your opponent rather than through. To explain here would be too much but do some research on Muay Thai type of kicks and you will see the difference. No more kicks with the "instep" of the foot....use the shin. It is cutting "through" the target and getting bodyweight to cut across rather than forward. The hip opens and creates tension and then when released it whips the leg through. This type of kick can hit its mark and return quickly to repeat over and over. You can't lean back and get power "in." Look at a boxer throwing a right hook....his head leads the way for the bodyweight to follow. Again...watch Muay Thai kickers.

The other thing I see is that your mechanics for punching are all wrong. Everytime you throw the right hook you end up with your right (rear) leg coming forward and finish in a side stance with the rear leg now in front. There is no torque or bodyweight in the punches. The other thing is that you keep stepping forward and then have to go back to your starting position over and over as you complete techniques. This is also probably a result of your TKD training. You need to be able to move around and keep adjusting and going all in one area. Maybe not a real small on the spot area but just "moving around" without going forward and then returnning....like a fight! make believe your opponent is moving around and circling. Duck and weave, move sideways etc. when you throw a technique be aware of the danger of a counter so "protect' and use tactical positioning.

You have the tools, you just need to readjust and get some good training. Techniques and delivery have to be adjusted to meet the dangers of an MMA bout not common to regular fighting (TKD, karate, boxing etc.).

keep at it! good job.

I know i make loot's of mistakes I am still lerning , next month I am going back to Poland and starting MMA training so everything gone change on better.
Thak's for answers

not to impede on this thread or anything (i wanted to avoid having to make a new thread for this) but could i get some feedback on my video? i have about 3 months of sanshou training.

rip away
YouTube - shadow boxing

EDIT: and to the OP, your kicks look great. good luck with your training

not to impede on this thread or anything (i wanted to avoid having to make a new thread for this) but could i get some feedback on my video? i have about 3 months of sanshou training.

rip away
YouTube - shadow boxing

Hi,

There is a definite difference between shadow boxing and actually hitting something;like a bag. Impact causes some changes in form and corrections can be better made. Weight distribution, distancing, recovery etc can all be better addressed from viewing impact training. I would suggest at least making a bag if you don't have one. get a baggy pants leg and fill it with rags and sand.

rip away
YouTube - shadow boxing

Footwork looks pretty good!

Back