Media Amanda Ribas Expected to Return at Flyweight on March 4 at UFC 285

You Will Vote For Dreyga

You have no choice
@Gold
Reaction score

According to a source close to the situation on Thursday, Amanda Ribas (11-3) is being targeted for a flyweight fight at UFC 285 on March 4 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Her opponent is still to be determined, but it is not expected to be Tracy Cortez. Options being considered include a rematch with Katlyn Chookagian, or fresh matchups against either Viviane Araujo or Taila Santos.

2d5290d3333a7973f55214d36518de40b25ed63a.gifv

Is this 125 fight a one off? And why the hell would she fight any of those 3 girls? Chook, and Taila are guaranteed losses?

Strange situation not really making sense right now.

Edit. I guess she’s moved up permanently? Haven’t paid much attention to her lately.

Last edited:
Ribas has been booked 14 times in the UFC and the fights only actually happened 7 times, so there's a 50 percent chance this one doesn't happen, unfortunately.

A hard pass from me if she fights Chookagian again.

Is this 125 fight a one off? And why the hell would she fight any of those 3 girls?

The UFC wants her to be title picture of 125 division. Its the reason why they gave her the Chook fight the first time. They want Ribas as close to a belt as possible and matchmakers think that's more doable at 125.

The UFC wants her to be title picture of 125 division. Its the reason why they gave her the Chook fight the first time. They want Ribas as close to a belt as possible and matchmakers think that's more doable at 125.
It’s not making a lot of sense to me.

Is this 125 fight a one off? And why the hell would she fight any of those 3 girls? Chook, and Taila are guaranteed losses?

Strange situation not really making sense right now.

Edit. I guess she’s moved up permanently? Haven’t paid much attention to her lately.

Her father claimed ribas weighed 143lbs a day after weighing in at 115lbs to fight rodriguez

NINTCHDBPICT000632175604.jpg

If she was really weighing 143lbs while fighting at 115lbs, then the move up to flyweight makes a lot of sense. It's also no wonder why she seemed to have a glass chin at 115lbs. That was too big of a weight cut.

It’s not making a lot of sense to me.

Well one of the reasons Ribas has such a hard time scheduling fights is because of just how much weight she cuts. She needs months in advance to be able to make the weight. And if something goes wrong she can't be rescheduled a week or two alter because of how difficult it was for her to get to 115.

Also she took Chook to a split decision. Yea she lost but in that fight she showed that she was on par with the TOP 5 of that division.

It should be noted that Ribas is very popular she has like over 2 million followers on Instagram and UFC wants to springboard off that popularity by putting her in big fights

Her father claimed ribas weighed 143lbs a day after weighing in at 115lbs to fight rodriguez

NINTCHDBPICT000632175604.jpg

If she was really weighing 143lbs while fighting at 115lbs, then the move up to flyweight makes a lot of sense. It's also no wonder why she seemed to have a glass chin at 115lbs. That was too big of a weight cut.
I often wonder why these people post this stuff. Especially Alex Pereira. Why tell people you’re literally heavier than anybody else in the division? People can guess, they can assume. But why actually tell them? It just invites criticism about ducking a more natural weight class.

If she is that heavy then yes, it makes sense. But
her absolute ceiling at 125 as far as I see it is top 5. Might not even make top 5. After Andrade whoops Murphy next month and she loses her top 5 ranking, there is nobody in the top 5 I’d favour Ribas over.

I often wonder why these people post this stuff. Especially Alex Pereira. Why tell people you’re literally heavier than anybody else in the division? People can guess, they can assume. But why actually tell them? It just invites criticism about ducking a more natural weight class.

If she is that heavy then yes, it makes sense. But
her absolute ceiling at 125 as far as I see it is top 5. Might not even make top 5. After Andrade whoops Murphy next month and she loses her top 5 ranking, there is nobody in the top 5 I’d favour Ribas over.

Personally, I scored her fight against chook for her, and chook has been number 2 in that division for a long time. Regardless, if you're having a controversial fight with the number 2 girl in the division in your very first fight in that division, then you probably have a decent future up there. I don't see her ever making it to the belt, though.

Last edited:
Personally, I scored her fight against chook for her, and chook has been number 2 in that division. Regardless, if you're having a controversial fight with the number 2 girl in the division in your very first fight in that division, then you proably have a decent future up there. I don't see her ever making it to the belt, though.

Why not?

Val turns 35 next year... Ribas is only 29.... At some point she will be peaking as Val declines

Those are 3 big names to go from Cortez too. I'm surprised that at 125 she can't get on 283, Ribas needs any win at 125, a close loss to Santos or Chook 2x would not look good.

Why not?

Val turns 35 next year... Ribas is only 29.... At some point she will be peaking as Val declines

I just don't see it happening. It's just a feeling more than anything. Ribas is very good and Top 5 material in my opinion, but I just don't feel like she'll be champ. I'd be glad to be proven wrong, though.

Personally, I scored her fight against chook for her, and chook has been number 2 in that division for a long time. Regardless, if you're having a controversial fight with the number 2 girl in the division in your very first fight in that division, then you probably have a decent future up there. I don't see her ever making it to the belt, though.

What you mean you don't see her fighting for the belt if you thought she beat Chook? If she'd won that she could've gotten a title shot.

Why the fuck is a Chook rematch being considered?

Give her Maia, Lee, O'Neil, Barber, Erin, or Natalia.

What you mean you don't see her fighting for the belt if you thought she beat Chook? If she'd won that she could've gotten a title shot.

I meant I don't see her winning the belt. Poor wording on my part.

I meant I don't see her winning the belt. Poor wording on my part.

Oh, right. Yeh, me neither.

Even reaching a title shot is going to be a lot more difficult now. If she'd beaten The Chook, she might have been given one from there depending on how the division was looking.

Now, she'd have to beat probably Andrade or Santos, which are much harder fights for her.

Back