Amanda on "shushing" Edmond...

She did attempt to clinch mate but she was so wobbled and out of her depth it was painful to watch. At the end of the day Rondas response to getting punched in the face hasn't changed one iota from over a year ago when Holly pieced her up, thats up to Edmund

Hey, I'm not disagreeing with you guys. Just kind of playing devils advocate.

I know she tried something after she got stunned, I just thought in the very beginning they had a couple exchanges where Ronda was close to clinch range. I remember because I was shitting my pants praying to god that Ronda didn't get ahold of her, as I was rooting for Nunes and didn't want to see another 30 second armbar and the inevitable tidal wave of Rousey's narcissism levels had she won.

I would say its both and the reason is due to an interesting comment from Gokor. I remember Gokor saying something in the lines of " Ronda gets frustrated and takes critics too personal"

The thing is, Ronda comes from the Hayastan academy and although its mostly a Judo/Sambo/Catch wrestling MMA gym, they have solid boxing coaches and for kickboxing they have Benny the Jet who was a bad ass karate/kickboxer.

The thing is, whenever you learn a new martial arts, you will have to deal with frustration of tying to understand the nuances of that art. In boxing, you have to dedicate an insane amount of time on footwork alone. With Edmond, he shows ZERO footwork nor was he teaching her anything about distance management or learning how to use her lead hands.

All Edmond does/did with Ronda is pad work which is good for putting everything together but in Ronda's case, she has no specific boxing skills to put together and thus Ronda's boxing training was performed in a very superficial manner...
That's very well put.

I know she tried something after she got stunned, I just thought in the very beginning they had a couple exchanges where Ronda was close to clinch range. I remember because I was shitting my pants praying to god that Ronda didn't get ahold of her, as I was rooting for Nunes and didn't want to see another 30 second armbar and the inevitable tidal wave of Rousey's narcissism levels had she won.

Haha I know that feeling, I bet every time Amanda tagged her chin it relieved your heart a little :D

Yea but Bethe told her not to cry at weigh ins. That's more than likely the reason Rondo did it after the fight...

Not only that, didn't she make jokes about Rondas dad committing suicide?

Of course.

For all we know, Ronda just doesn't follow direction, and was super tentative after having her bell rung by Holly.

Nunes didn't demonstrate any great distance control. They were close enough during a few exchanges right in the beginning for Ronda to at least attempt the clinch, but she didn't. Maybe that was Edmund's gameplan, maybe it wasn't, but all I know is that his corner instruction of "Head movement!" and especially "CLINCH!!!!", at the very least, was not wrong.
i think you are mistaken Edmonds advices there.
to me it look clear that he asked her for clinch up AFTER she got clipped several times not before.
he was as desperate there as she was and thought that clinch up while being staggered was a good idea in a MMA fight.
not good advice IMHO.

I KNOW HE FEELING!
not a Honda hater myself,but it would be a shit storm had she won yesterday.

You people get to emotional involved in fights. Sad lol
I didnt even watch the fights so I think you have me mistaken with someone else. Ignorant "lol"

They do have weaker mindset than men, that is the truth. Too emotional and too much chip on the shoulder as far as these modern day women goes. That being said, Anderson Silva, Roy Jones and Tyson all had an aura of invincibility to them until someone some one put an end to their streak and then other losses followed.

My point is, its not exclusive to Ronda. That being said, if Cat wasn't an idiot, she could have been the one to end the streak but she bought the hype and ended up trying to fight hot headed and got arm barred for it.

Based on the evidence gathered on this site I vehemently disagree that men are less emotional than women.

Also think that the women in the division are getting better while Ronda's skill development has stalled.
Pretty much. Ronda came out the same way she came out against Davis, and others. She was plodding forward, and looking to box, but Davis has no boxing either and no power or athleticism. It's easy to look really good against girls like her,and bethe. Holly and nunes stand up and athleticism are on another level tho and could've exploited Ronda a long time ago.

Back