Amanda on "shushing" Edmond...

I (like everyone else) hate Edmond, but still a classless thing to do...if Ronda had won and shushed Amanda's corner everyone on here would be calling her a disrespectful bitch.

I think people will get tired of that nce they get over her KO of Ronda, she isn't a very classy or humorous person, not that thats bad, but it's not marketable

sorry shoud clarify, HER brand of it won't last

I don't like Edmund or Ronda, not in the least.

But I really don't understand people making fun of his corner audio.

"Head movement" and "CLINCH!" are EXACTLY what he should've been yelling, and what she should've been doing.

Seems like Ronda is the bigger idiot for not following the gameplan, because she did neither.

I (like everyone else) hate Edmond, but still a classless thing to do...if Ronda had won and shushed Amanda's corner everyone on here would be calling her a disrespectful bitch.
She didn't do that and she is still a disrespectful bitch.

Well,even ufc acted like Amanda was an unknown fighter,promoting Ronda all the time.I'm glad she did that

Also think that the women in the division are getting better while Ronda's skill development has stalled.

I just noticed that Amanda has been in MMA longer than Ronda. I wonder if its because the WMMA is getting better or the fact that Ronda's reputation was mind fucking her opponents?

insert don't cry. gif

she did that to betche.

I just noticed that Amanda has been in MMA longer than Ronda. I wonder if its because the WMMA is getting better or the fact that Ronda's reputation was mind fucking her opponents?
are you saying girl's have weaker mind set than men? I'm calling luke thomas, he will have a word with your mother......

insert don't cry. gif

she did that to betche.

Yeah I know she did, and people spam it on this forum and use it as an example of her being a mean spirited person.

That's what I mean, if she does something like this she's a disrespectful nasty person. But of course Amanda will be getting a pass it seems.

Cant stand edmond or Ronda tbh. But something about Nunes rubbed me the wrong way after the fight.

Will lol when she gets smashed again, ala cat.

I know, I know, I'm a douche.
Well, you were hoping and predicting that Ronda would win so...it's understandable.

Ronda hasn't improved as much as people were lead to believe. Not sure if it's because of Edmond or Ronda just not taking to striking very well. Maybe a combination of both.

Ronda is a disrespectful bitch
Amanda was offering constructive criticism
Theres a difference

are you saying girl's have weaker mind set than men? I'm calling luke thomas, he will have a word with your mother......

They do have weaker mindset than men, that is the truth. Too emotional and too much chip on the shoulder as far as these modern day women goes. That being said, Anderson Silva, Roy Jones and Tyson all had an aura of invincibility to them until someone some one put an end to their streak and then other losses followed.

My point is, its not exclusive to Ronda. That being said, if Cat wasn't an idiot, she could have been the one to end the streak but she bought the hype and ended up trying to fight hot headed and got arm barred for it.

Cant stand edmond or Ronda tbh. But something about Nunes rubbed me the wrong way after the fight.

Will lol when she gets smashed again, ala cat.

I know, I know, I'm a douche.
Won't happen, pre-USADA Cat is history.

Amanda is a beast.

"Head movement" and "CLINCH!" are EXACTLY what he should've been yelling, and what she should've been doing.

Seems like Ronda is the bigger idiot for not following the gameplan, because she did neither.
scream to your fighter after she gets staggered is not a good way to help.
And it is pretty clear Edmond doesn't train Honda for a specific adversary,he probably just see the tapes and formulate a basic strategy based on what he teach to Honda.
you are not supposed to just use head movement against a power striker with better range then you.
you have to circle away from that power hand,kick the lead leg .she didn't do any of it because they didn't train for it.
Hondas lack of talent on the feet,the deficiency on her strategy(or complete lack of it) and execution of it its all on her trainer.

Agreed, he didnt say anything wrong during the fight. It looks like she hasnt had a day in sparring before though, that fuckin stance of hers is horrendous and Edmond really should have addressed that by now

scream to your fighter after she gets staggered is not a good way to help.
And it is pretty clear Edmond doesn't train Honda for a specific adversary,he probably just see the tapes and formulate a basic strategy based on what he teach to Honda.
you are not supposed to just use head movement against a power striker with better range then you.
you have to circle away from that power hand,kick the lead leg .she didn't do any of it because they didn't train for it.
Hondas lack of talent on the feet,the deficiency on her strategy(or complete lack of it) and execution of it its all on her trainer.

Of course.

For all we know, Ronda just doesn't follow direction, and was super tentative after having her bell rung by Holly.

Nunes didn't demonstrate any great distance control. They were close enough during a few exchanges right in the beginning for Ronda to at least attempt the clinch, but she didn't. Maybe that was Edmund's gameplan, maybe it wasn't, but all I know is that his corner instruction of "Head movement!" and especially "CLINCH!!!!", at the very least, was not wrong.

Of course.

For all we know, Ronda just doesn't follow direction, and was super tentative after having her bell rung by Holly.

Nunes didn't demonstrate any great distance control. They were close enough during a few exchanges right in the beginning for Ronda to at least attempt the clinch, but she didn't. Maybe that was Edmund's gameplan, maybe it wasn't, but all I know is that his corner instruction of "Head movement!" and especially "CLINCH!!!!", at the very least, was not wrong.

She did attempt to clinch mate but she was so wobbled and out of her depth it was painful to watch. At the end of the day Rondas response to getting punched in the face hasn't changed one iota from over a year ago when Holly pieced her up, thats up to Edmund

Ronda hasn't improved as much as people were lead to believe. Not sure if it's because of Edmond or Ronda just not taking to striking very well. Maybe a combination of both.

I would say its both and the reason is due to an interesting comment from Gokor. I remember Gokor saying something in the lines of " Ronda gets frustrated and takes critics too personal"

The thing is, Ronda comes from the Hayastan academy and although its mostly a Judo/Sambo/Catch wrestling MMA gym, they have solid boxing coaches and for kickboxing they have Benny the Jet who was a bad ass karate/kickboxer.

The thing is, whenever you learn a new martial arts, you will have to deal with frustration of tying to understand the nuances of that art. In boxing, you have to dedicate an insane amount of time on footwork alone. With Edmond, he shows ZERO footwork nor was he teaching her anything about distance management or learning how to use her lead hands.

All Edmond does/did with Ronda is pad work which is good for putting everything together but in Ronda's case, she has no specific boxing skills to put together and thus Ronda's boxing training was performed in a very superficial manner...

I would say its both and the reason is due to an interesting comment from Gokor. I remember Gokor saying something in the lines of " Ronda gets frustrated and takes critics too personal"

The thing is, Ronda comes from the Hayastan academy and although its mostly a Judo/Sambo/Catch wrestling MMA gym, they have solid boxing coaches and for kickboxing they have Benny the Jet who was a bad ass karate/kickboxer.

The thing is, whenever you learn a new martial arts, you will have to deal with frustration of tying to understand the nuances of that art. In boxing, you have to dedicate an insane amount of time on footwork alone. With Edmond, he shows ZERO footwork nor was he teaching her anything about distance management or learning how to use her lead hands.

All Edmond does/did with Ronda is pad work which is good for putting everything together but in Ronda's case, she has no specific boxing skills to put together and thus Ronda's boxing training was performed in a very superficial manner...

Absolutely, working combos on the mitts only goes so far, how the hell can you call yourself a good trainer while taking pride in saying your charge has "never lost a round in sparring"...

Who the fuck is she training with then?? If you had someone throw a good jab at her and then teach her how to avoid the fucking thing, that's a start

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back