Media Amanda Nunes vs Claressa Shields (Whole beef)

lets get this straight, if your making the statement of "the female who has the best hands in combat sports".....nunes is nowhere on the list, if your talking about hands your referring to a combat sport like boxing that comprises of close to 100% stand up and hand strikes.

This is not that case with mma as you can use other skill sets other than boxing.

Since shields displays her hands 100% of the time during a match she by far would have the superior hands in a combat sport, nunes hits harder than most females but in terms of her boxing technique and how good she is there's no chance she's on the same level as shields, especially from a technical stand poinnt.....whether nunes has the power to ko, drop, stun, or hurt shields is not the debate, it's who has the better hands and shields easily takes 1st place among many other female boxers, and muay tai fighters who would be ahead of nunes on that list.

I can't believe some of you think Nunes could compete with Shields in boxing. That's ridiculous.

Nunes showed she couldn't compete in MMA striking with a past striking prime GDR. Of course, GDR was/is probably one of the best pure strikers, but still, a boxing match vs. Shields would look very ugly without much chance for Nunes to see the final bell.

I can't believe some of you think Nunes could compete with Shields in boxing. That's ridiculous.
Nunes would get stopped by Shields in boxing. She would be heavily overmatched in skill, outsized, and wouldn't be used to the pace of a 10 round women's championship boxing match. Shields was beating much more skilled boxers at the regional level before she'd even accomplished anything at the world level in the amateurs, let alone the pros.

Just watched the video in the OP. Nunes herself said this if she were to face Shields in MMA. Apparently she has no confidence at all in her hands against Shields. I think this quote, which she had for Shields directly, should clear the matter up. It must be Nunes fans saying this stuff because it's not her as far as I can tell.
Come to my world. I'm gonna wrestle the shit out of you... and finish with a Jiu-Jitsu submission.

Amanda was getting pieced up by de Randamie.
Shields was actually there in attendance watching Nunes getting outstruck by Germaine de Randamie that night. In fairness to Nunes though back in 2013 they fought in the UFC and Nunes took her out in the 1st round with elbows. But, in the rematch, there were even times where Nunes actually looked a bit lost on the ground against that old kickboxer turned 9-3 MMA fighter. In the 4th round she had Nunes locked up in a triangle and was working on controlling her free arm to isolate it for an armbar attempt, Nunes tried to roll out and bridge but only ended up in an inverted triangle instead.

Germaine was handily outgrappled but she had her moments in the grappling exchanges as she managed to threaten her with her own submission attempts while defending against all of Nunes' for 5 rounds. If Germaine actually had some TDD then she would've won that fight.

Nunes would knock her the fuk out.

shields never fought a half man.

Nunes would get stopped by Shields in boxing. She would be heavily overmatched in skill, outsized, and wouldn't be used to the pace of a 10 round women's championship boxing match. Shields was beating much more skilled boxers at the regional level before she'd even accomplished anything at the world level in the amateurs, let alone the pros.
Absolutely. It wouldn't even be as competitive as Conor vs Mayweather.

Amanda couldn’t handle Germaine whatever her last name is on the feet. That’s why Amanda just grappled the rest of the fight. Don’t blame her, but the idea she’s that good on the feet just isn’t true. She wouldn’t have avoided striking with her opponent if that was the case

Nunes would knock her the fuk out.

shields never fought a half man.
She's been to the Olympics twice which means she's seen her share of 'half men' along the way. Nunes doesn't even believe that nonsense which is why she told Shields she'd wrestle the shit out of her and then look for a submission if they fight in MMA. Nunes would be immediately reduced to a panic wrestler against her.

Cyborg would probably be the only woman who would be willing to fight her. Cris had one fight in 2006, a tune up fight in September 2013, and then fought Jorina Baars (35-0-3) 6 months later. She’s fearless in that respect.

Man, Shields would tax that ass in boxing. Then she’d bounce on that mma fight. Make like a bandit n run.

She ain’t fighting no mma fight with Nunez.

Man, Shields would tax that ass in boxing. Then she’d bounce on that mma fight. Make like a bandit n run.

She ain’t fighting no mma fight with Nunez.
I think she might intend on actually transitioning to MMA and try her hand at it for a few fights while boxing simultaneously like Amanda Serrano did. There's been a couple indications. She's been telling the media that's her plan assuming she likes her training with Jon Jones. With his recent legal trouble though he might not be an option for her anymore. By the end of the year she wants to make her MMA debut. Apparently she's already had an introductory session to wrestling with 5× Freestyle world champion and Olympian Adeline Gray. We'll see though. This pandemic will probably delay her debut assuming she even intends on actually going through with it.

The only thing worse than women combat sports is women combat sport beefs.

Back