Amanda Nunes: Sorry Cris but I’m done with 145, Cyborg responds

Cyborg needs to stop campaigning for a title shot. Aldo was more deserving but for financial reasons, he didn't get the rematch.

Nunes is a lot easier to market than Cyborg. Nunes also goes into each fight with a high degree of confidence and bravado, then backs it up, a la McGregor.

I for one didn't bother watching Cyborg's recent fights because I don't enjoy watching soccer moms getting beat on by an actual fighter. I'm glad Cyborg lost and hope she can rebuild herself. WMMA is no longer looked at as the Cyborg division.

I also look forward to having a situation similar to boxing where people follow the fighters, not the various organizations.

The UFC was and is still necessary for the expansion of MMA, but eventually MMA won't need organizations like the UFC to represent quality, as other organizations are putting on quality fights because of the fighters and matchmaking, not the organizations themselves. The organizations are simply a means to an end.

Who is going to consist of Cyborg's rampage? Meg Anderson and a few blown up 135ers?
Yep, the usual. One good win and then however shows up, like how it's been. And the way she wins means fans want to see the Nunes rematch after 1-2 trashings. More with each win.

Yep, the usual. One good win and then however shows up, like how it's been. And the way she wins means fans want to see the Nunes rematch after 1-2 trashings. More with each win.
I think that train of thought is in the minority.

The one legit reason is that Chris went into full Rock em Sock em mode. She didn't use her skills aside from her striking. If you get caught with a solid shot and stand and swing you are at a massive disadvantage. Matt Serra did the same thing to GSP. He caught him and Georges didn't respect Serra's power and tried to trade and got finished. GSP was clearly the better fighter in the rematch. Chris could certainly win a 2nd fight but Amanda clearly has a lot of power and the speed advantage. I think Chris could be much more competitive and a 2nd fight will happen. Amanda is likely posturing for negotiations.

Sure, but GSP didn't get an immediate rematch (had to beat Koschek and Hughes first).

Last edited:
Nunes isn't scared but she's not stupid it's hard to too a performance like that even if you win again same reason Aldo never got a rematch

Sure, but GSP didn't get an immediate rematch (had to beat Koschek and Hughes first).
Should of always stayed that way but nowadays immediate rematchs seem to be the trend I just hope Ferguson doesn't get skipped over

Well, you understand how one lucky punch can turn a fight that way. Right?

Not saying that it happened here but it can happen.
and aids can kill a man, but what I mentioned and you mentioned are both irrelevant in this conversation so why even bother bringing it up?

Scheduling Nunes vs Holms at 135 and Cyborg vs Megan at 145 is the way to go. Schedule the rematch if both fighters win.

Plenty of champs did not get an immediate rematch, including Aldo and Stipe. Shit happens.

This. Enough with this entitled "I was champion give me the rematch" and DEFINITELY enough of this I deserve a rematch for a win streak that was mostly outside the UFC and fighting smaller girls.

Now we're back to 1 chick at 145.

Trash Anderson trying to say cyborg deserves a rematch just because she wants her vs cyborg for the vacant title.

I am not interested in Megan and Cyborg fighting 2-3 times in between both fighting 135ers.

He had to beat Koscheck as they wanted to give Hughes a shot at Matt first and when Matt Serra was injured GSP fought Hughes for an Interim WW title. Who other than Chris would get a FW title shot? Amanda is talking about simply never fighting at FW again and holding onto that 2nd belt forever? Strip her or have her defend.

If the are going to have a 145 division they really should not allow 135ers to go to FW unless they are staying. I don't think WMMA should have the same divisions as men's since the pool of talent is too shallow. Right now they have SW 115, FlyW 125, BW 135 & FW 145. both Fly & Feather have no fighters. 4 divisions is too much so I think they should have 110, 130, 145.

1. Cybrog showed NOTHING in that fight to deserve a rematch. You could compare this to JJ/Rose 1 and 2.
2. Someone take that damn spider legged, tattooed, sharp toed Aussie out back and stomp her overrated ass out of the UFC.
2a. Why am I talking about WMMA. Now I'm just pissed.

1. Cybrog showed NOTHING in that fight to deserve a rematch. You could compare this to JJ/Rose 1 and 2.
2. Someone take that damn spider legged, tattooed, sharp toed Aussie out back and stomp her overrated ass out of the UFC.
2a. Why am I talking about WMMA. Now I'm just pissed.

You're not wrong

145 is a joke. As I said above, I am not interested in Megan and Cyborg fighting 2-3 times in between fighting 125 and 135ers.

Outside of the shock value of Cyborg losing, the fight didn't do anything positive for me. Cyborg was the most skilled, well rounded, most feared fighter for how many years? Yet the first time she faced a fighter who could land on her with power all those skills went out the window and she reverted to brawling blindly until she got clipped. Same as Ronda, she was more a product of lack of competition than a surplus of skills.

I don't mean that from a disrespectful perspective. The men were the same way and as camps progress WMMA will get better. From a personal standpoint, I just don't enjoy watching women fight unless they're in a giant bowl of whipped cream and jello.

She wasn’t very skilled, or well rounded. She fought Amanda the same way she fought most of her career.

Who is going to consist of Cyborg's rampage? Meg Anderson and a few blown up 135ers?

“Cyborg Nation” never likes to talk about that.

She knows she got lucky.

<36>

Yikes its 155? Thought it was 145. Lord. Thats not good for PFL except that Kayla will run through everyone.

That’s their plan.

She wasn’t very skilled, or well rounded. She fought Amanda the same way she fought most of her career.

Unsurprisingly, I am blocked from reading Cyborg Nation. I posted some math about Cyborg's resume and Broke Dick got all pissy. (probably at a 45-degree angle)

Edit: I just noticed that someone must have said something about Cyborg being skilled. One might wonder why so many of her opponents lose faster to women at 135 than they do to her? Fuck, Tweet lost to Cyborg and Ronda at about the same time (four second difference) and it is not as if Ronda was the same size or well-rounded. FFS, look at what passes for Cyborg's footwork. She has only recently displayed a thin veneer of boxing over a decade of sloppy brawling supported by size, strength and athleticism. If Cyborg had skills comparable to her physicality, she would have walked through Amanda.

The more skilled fighter won. And skill is not just physical, it is knowing how to stay focused. Discipline is also a skill. Cyborg showed none.

Last edited:

<36>

That’s their plan.
She’s pulling a Conor after the Aldo fight. Don’t lie to yourself. Why not take that easy money then if she’s confident in her victory?

Back