Amanda Nunes: Sorry Cris but I’m done with 145, Cyborg responds

Pretty weak on Nunes' part, not that I blame her. She knows Cyborg handed her that KO.

Pretty weak on Nunes' part, not that I blame her. She knows Cyborg handed her that KO.
She fought like Wand and no one knows why. It was weird. I'd still bet on cyborg if it were most wins out of ten even knowing she lost #1.

Then have Cyborg move down. Why do you want everyone to kill their bodies and change their schedules for her? Let her do so.e heavy lifting.
If she didnt move down for ronda she def aint for nunes.

Time to kill the division. Cyborg wants a rematch so bad she can go get it at 135.
She’d have to do the Newell cut to get there, whereas Nu es has shown she can compete @ 145lbs.

I think her posturing is a negotiation tactic more than anything.

Amanda pulling a Conor and won’t defend the belt.

Amanda is doing Cris a favor. Cyborg doesn't want hypothyroidism with another beating.

Now why in the world would Amanda not want to fight a few of the cans at 145? She doesn’t even have to cut much weight. These are easy pay days.

Amanda pulling a Conor and won’t defend the belt.

If she defends both just a few times she goes down as the best ever. This is a bad decision. I hope she were reverses herself. Nobody at 45 is going to defeat her easy fights..

If she defends both just a few times she goes down as the best ever. This is a bad decision. I hope she were reverses herself. Nobody at 45 is going to defeat her easy fights..

i don't even think she has to defend at 145lb to be considered the best. she just has to keep winning at 135lb and she's the best.

she knocked out the monster that was Cyborg, nobody did that, not even pro kickboxers. nobody at 145lb will be a challenge except for Cyborg.

She does not need to win easy fights to be the best ever. This adds nothing to her legacy. There is no one worth her time at 145. At 135 she has Viera and the winner of Holm/Ladd and after those two other challengers have time to develop as a lot can happen in a year.

Cyborg isn't getting a title shot until she signs a new contract, everyone's tired of her silly games. Let her fight Megan to see out the old deal, then why not go to PFL and that million dollar tournie ...... oh hang on that would risk a matchup with Kayla, lol.

A keyboard warrior saying Cormier aint Alpha in the comfort of his/her/it's room, priceless
Priceless is you, nonconformist with truths. But I was wrong saying that: Amanda is not "more than", she is alpha and legit, and Cormier is beta and illegit. Now it is correct, sorry. The only thing they are equal is in denying a rematch to the real legit champs they beat by pure luck.

Last edited:
Only thing that could save 145 ie Kayla but can she make 145. Kayla is 2 time gold medal judo. If she has a chin with a little more mma training I think she walks thru Cyborg an just over powers her.

She’d have to do the Newell cut to get there, whereas Nu es has shown she can compete @ 145lbs.

I think her posturing is a negotiation tactic more than anything.
I never bought that excuse from her. She doesn't want to cut to 135 then go fight elsewhere.

no need for a rematch really

but it makes more sense for dana and his $$

Plenty of champs did not get an immediate rematch, including Aldo and Stipe. Shit happens.
You shouldn’t get an automatic rematch the the outcome of the first fight was so definitive. I like your examples of fighters who didn’t receive an automatic shot. GSP didn’t get one after Serra either.

Jeez. After that win, I liked Amanda for about 5 minutes and she's done nothing but irritate me ever since. She has no idea how to come across as likeable or anyone the fans want to have as Champ. She continually shoots herself in the foot. Weaseling out of a clearly deserved rematch is a slap in the face to Cyborg and the rest of us as well, especially those of us that advocate loudly for WMMA. Do the right thing here, Amanda

Back