Amanda Nunes: Sorry Cris but I’m done with 145, Cyborg responds

I think it's funny that Nunes thinks she calls the shots.

We saw her whining when the UFC machine turned on her after she pulled out of 213.

She may be put against Shevchenko if they want. And we know how she feels about that matchup.

You are overestimating Cyborgs boxing. She had solid power, basic technique, great pressure and aggression.

It's that Ronda effect, she beat most girls before they even step in the cage with Cyborg, they were scared of Cyborgs power.

Cyroid got exposed. It just took someone with decent size, good reach, and no fear to completely dismantle her. Cyborg won't be able to train that aggression out, she isn't use to adversity and whenever she faced any she would pressure through and throw bombs. Amanda can take the heat and outstriker her, it will be the same story in the rematch.
I agree with you but in some of her more recent fights she has showed improvements in her boxing technique however no one had her in any serious danger in there. And it is is easier to stick to a gameplan when you are not taking big shots to the face. I am by no means a Cyborg fan.

Plenty of champs did not get an immediate rematch, including Aldo and Stipe. Shit happens.

shit sure does happen when one side is scared to do the rematch. Notice that is the case in each example you mentioned including this one...

and notice all 3 fights ended by quick finishes because the loser didn't fight smart.

every champion then goes on to defend only one title. You can't realistically defend both. It's actually better if Nunes admits it than Conor or DC who tried to hold a title they didn't plan to defend.
How do you know DC didn’t plan on defending both? You know it’s possible to do that, right?

Now the Cejudo and Dillashaw fight is a new one to me. They closed the division but TJ is going down to fight for a soon to be vacant title and weight class?

How do you know DC didn’t plan on defending both? You know it’s possible to do that, right?

Now the Cejudo and Dillashaw fight is a new one to me. They closed the division but TJ is going down to fight for a soon to be vacant title and weight class?
it was literally impossible because DC planned on retiring after fighting Brock.

Sounds like Amanda is ready to take on Holly

I wouldnt mind Cyborg vs Megan
In UFC or Invicta

Cris deserves a rematch - we really learned nothing other than cris did not respect what Nunes brought and paidte price.

However, Nunes vs Holly/Ladd winner and Cris vs Megan. If cris wins and nunes wins then rematch.

And this is why Nunes is not marketable. She puts her foot in her mouth every time. She finally gets mainstream attention and has not interest in pursuing the only fight the mainstream wants or is interested in. A rematch would generate major money and attention for her.

defending once a year is horse shit dude. this double champ shit is bad for business.

No, it's good when the divisions are as shallow as they are. At 135 there are a few good fights but when they start happening only a couple will look even remotely worthy of a title shot. A champ at 135 fighting twice a year or more will quickly devolve into the champ fighting a soccermom. If she keeps both and fights each once a year at least the titles won't seem like a joke.

We won't see the immediate rematch for the same reason we didn't see the Wandy vs Belfort rematch.

knocked out and made to look like a useless bum <Lmaoo>

28h3lud.jpg

Nunez has good hands for Wmma. She uses her stature well. That looping fedoresque punch that put Cyborg on queer street was impressive after watching other Wmma women. I started throwing that way on my bag because there's a bigger chance you get get them frome behind the ear with that shot and you have some extra distance. Shes as lethal with Stikes as Ronda was with her Judo but the difference being Amanda has the better all round game.
I'm a guy that could fight at LW and I'd still probably get beat up by her. Maybe not strictly standing since I have boxing experience and hit hard for my size and would have a speed advantage but she definitely would be less rusty. I wouldn't brag about fighting a woman and flattening ladies on the canvas but with Cybord and Nunez I would boast about it. Lol.

Last edited:
Time to kill the division. Cyborg wants a rematch so bad she can go get it at 135.

I’m a cyborg fan but I agree with this. Amanda came up and did her job. She’s under no obligation for a rematch. You want her, go get her.

Plenty of champs did not get an immediate rematch, including Aldo and Stipe. Shit happens.

Aldo would have if he didn't pull out the first time. They couldn't sell that fight three times in a row.

I think Cyborg should get a rematch, but there’s really no upside to it for Nunes.

Instant rematches after decisive title fights is a ridiculous concept. You shouldn't have to beat the champ twice in order to become champ
Yeah, what is the freaking point. Cyborg got clobbered into oblivion and she was the only legit 145er in that farce of a division. Any rematch gives that zombie of a division new life.

Holm vs Nunes please!

Back