Amanda Nunes: Sorry Cris but I’m done with 145, Cyborg responds

Buahaha cyborg has no value anymore and it feels wonderful.

So it’s ducking to defend your far more more legitimate title in the far more legitimate division?
<YeahOKJen>

What am I making up? Cyborg is a sloppy ass brawler. Has been her whole career.

no, she isn't, you clearly don't watch MMA as often as you think you do.

Why single out WMMA? What double champ has defended or tried to defend both titles?
Because WMMA is a joke aside from a few females.

DC planned on defending both titles simultaneously but Jones dumb ass came back so they stripped DC.

Why move up to 145 just to win a belt and never defend it? Fucked the already shitty division right up again.

no, she isn't, you clearly don't watch MMA as often as you think you do.
I’ve watched her entire career from Strikeforce onwards. Big looping punches, like she tried to throw against Nunes, have always been her trademark. Ask anyone. Her entire career, she’s gotten by on being the bigger, more aggressive fighter against smaller fighters who were usually afraid of her.

Sha’s made some small improvements training under Jason Parillo, but obviously not enough to make it matter when it should have mattered most. The Cyborg we saw against Nunes was true Cyborg, except it didn’t work because Nunes wasn’t afraid of her, throws hard, straight punches, and is just a better fighter all around.

I’ve watched her entire career from Strikeforce onwards. Big looping punches, like she tried to throw against Nunes, have always been her trademark. Ask anyone. Her entire career, she’s gotten by on being the bigger, more aggressive fighter against smaller fighters who were usually afraid of her.

Sha’s made some small improvements training under Jason Parillo, but obviously not enough to make it matter when it should have mattered most. The Cyborg we saw against Nunes was true Cyborg, except it didn’t work because Nunes wasn’t afraid of her, throws hard, straight punches, and is just a better fighter all around.
Truth talkings

the "small" improvements have been things she has been doing for the past 3 years. Doing something for 3 years means you've changed your style. But yah, she only brawls bro. You're right.

the "small" improvements have been things she has been doing for the past 3 years. Doing something for 3 years means you've changed your style. But yah, she only brawls bro. You're right.
They attempted to change her style, but a single low kick made her revert to her true fight style.

After the shit cyborg gave her in the months it took to arrange the fight and then getting flatlined she don't deserve shit.

Spent her career bullying smaller or inexperienced women and fell apart at the first fighter who wasn't afraid of her.

Good for Nunes to get the win and then laugh off the 145 division.

After all cyborg has said about leaving the ufc it's funny to see how quickly she has changed her mind.

The perfect idea for cyborg is too take 7/8 months off and try to cut to 35. It's all bs when ppl say she can't make it of course she can. The thing is she carries a lot of muscle mass she needs to completely change her strategy. Dillashaw is proof that anyone can cut the weight if u do it right

She would make much $$ in a rematch against Chris than any other fight.

Taking less $$ to fight someone else is the definition of

41sfz8dKX1L.jpg

Ducking someone she already beat the shit out of. Damn you are a special sort of stupid. I know they tried to stop kids from eating lead paint chips when I was young. I guess they did not get all of it.

The perfect idea for cyborg is too take 7/8 months off and try to cut to 35. It's all bs when ppl say she can't make it of course she can. The thing is she carries a lot of muscle mass she needs to completely change her strategy. Dillashaw is proof that anyone can cut the weight if u do it right

Deep down, Cyborg knows that she can't complete without a massive size & strength advantage over her opponents. There's a reason she spent her entire career beating up on smaller women while roiding herself to the gills. This is not a fighter who has the confidence in her skills to compete on a level playing field, she ain't going down to 135 because deep down, she knows she can't hang with them.

Nunes' decision is kind of sneaky. It's her way of saying this is a shame you will live with for the rest of your life. You won't get a rematch. You can't beat me. You cannot redeem yourself.

Nunes' decision is kind of sneaky. It's her way of saying this is a shame you will live with for the rest of your life. You won't get a rematch. You can't beat me. You cannot redeem yourself.
Same as McGregor to Aldo. You said truths right there, to me a real champion doesn't beat once, but twice in a row (if possible), to prove a point. Like Max did and others did beating the champion two times. If you do this, no more proof is necessary to ensure you are there for real.

This Amanda type of narrative is real cringy to be honest.

Does Cyborg deserve the rematch? No she doesn't. Is there a more compelling matchup that will draw more eyes to WMMA? No there isn't.

I'd watch it again.

Back