Amanda Nunes not only has 4 losses, but 3 losses against complete cans. NOT OVERALL GOAT

Rhonda could rematch every loss she has and win, and she still wouldn't be GOAT. What even happened to the GOAT discussion? We used to talk mainly about dudes who were actually seasoned E.G. 30+ fights on the record. Now we routinely hear dudes with like, 15-4 records being mentioned in the discussion. Like, what the fuck is this shit?

I get that PRIDE was a hard act to follow, but lets at least consider that fighting so many times per year was a legitimate difficulty that many older UFC guys and all newer UFC guys never had to experience. Does anyone really, actually believe, in their heart of hearts that the UFC's steroid-busting USADA gang is a significant improvement to PRIDE's wild west? Jones has been busted 3 times(they let him get away scot-free with one, but most people think his actual offenses are closer to 5) and it hasn't netted him anything more drastic than what a medical suspension would dictate. Compare that to a guy like Nick Diaz, who has been on medical suspension for 5+ years because of weed. Steroid testing in the UFC is definitely not as good or effective as people claim it is.

Something else to consider is that the UFC carefully controls the ranking system. Guys who they want to promote get immediate title shots; guys who don't have to fight 10 matches before they're thrown a bone. That definitely affects the rankings in a disproportionate way, but also, you get bum-flation where guys like Shane Carwin and Gabriel Gonzaga - guys who got pulled off one half-ass decent win - are suddenly considered serious division contenders. Say what you want about letting dudes fight whoever, but in the old days, they had to fight so much that bum-flation ended up not being as significant to their career, and most of those guys who rose to the top had to go through the same meatgrinder that the bums did...

/rant

I agree with most of this post.

Shakespeare was a shit writer and overrated like Nunes.

Overrated maybe, only because of the sheer idolatry given to his reputation over the centuries. Shit, though? I was already convinced of the silliness of your opinions, you needn't strive so hard.

Back