Amanda Nunes is going to light Cyborg Up

The odds are good if you think Amanda is really going to win.

Cyborg has supported Nunes in the past as a UFC champion because she is Brazilian and has said she didn't want to fight another Brazilian. She changed her tune and said that if the UFC thought that it was the fight to make, she would take it. Now she has called Nunes a traitor to Brazil for not speaking out against her cheesy teammate Colby Covington's remarks degrading Brazilians and has sworn to teach her a 'lesson in respect'.

I think her loyalty to her countrymen and women is real and that she wouldn't have felt good about administering a beatdown to another Brazilian if she didn't have to. Now things have changed, the Nunes fight makes sense and I think she is using the Colby issue to drum up some antipathy against Amanda for motivation.

If you are counting on her initial reluctance to fight Amanda as a sign of fear and then betting money on the fight because of that, I think you are going to be disappointed. Of course Amanda could win the fight but I actually think it's less likely than the odds suggest. I think some of the money coming in on Nunes is based on a dislike of Cyborg and a desire to see her lose. Any good bettor will tell you that's not a winning strategy.
She's lived here forever, she is a US citizen, fought like hell to get her daughter from another mother over here, and I doubt, that she like many Brazilians who relocate here, go back all that often. There are Brazilian fighters everywhere in this sport, they started the UFC, you better be from the Republic of Georgia to make that excuse to not fight your countrymen you have no relationship with for that reason. Your argument is absurd. I don't think Cyborg ducks fights, but literally no top fighter has ever made that excuse before. I advocate for Cyborg, anyone who reads my shit on this site knows that, and my main thing for the last two months was why is this fight not hyped as the greatest women's fight of all time. It is, but nobody gives a shit. I'm not rewatching but I remember Holm having dominant position against Cyborg against the cage for long periods of time. I think she even won a round or two. Nunes is twice the fighter she is. Nunes fights like a dude and has fought superior competition. Am I worried Cyborg will just out volume and out work Amanda and make it a really ugly dog fight, oh hell yeah. But Nunes new champ swag and confidence should be enough.

Last edited:
I think Nunes wins as well.

She's lived here forever, she is a US citizen, fought like hell to get her daughter from another mother over here, and I doubt, that she like many Brazilians who relocate here, go back all that often. There are Brazilian fighters everywhere in this sport, they started the UFC, you better be from the Republic of Georgia to make that excuse to not fight your countrymen you have no relationship with for that reason. Your argument is absurd. I don't think Cyborg ducks fights, but literally no top fighter has ever made that excuse before. I advocate for Cyborg, anyone who reads my shit on this site knows that, and my main thing for the last two months was why is this fight not hyped as the greatest women's fight of all time. It is, but nobody gives a shit. I'm not rewatching but I remember Holm having dominant position against Cyborg against the cage for long periods of time. I think she even won a round or two. Nunes is twice the fighter she is. Nunes fights like a dude and has fought superior competition. Don't talk to me like a child Herb, or about gambling unless you want to compare bankrolls and bet slips. You clearly aren't up to speed in the heavies. My predictions are on point. Am I worried Cyborg will just out volume and out work Amanda and make it a dog fight, oh hell yeah. Sry for the run-ons I'm on mobile power saver I can barely see shit.
I'll hit you up for your winning bet slip after the fight. I'll give props to Amanda or anyone that bets on her if she makes it happen. I personally don't think it's happening. As far as not being up to speed, I think I'm actually cruising at about 10 over. We'll find out in a couple days.

I'll hit you up for your winning bet slip after the fight. I'll give props to Amanda or anyone that bets on her if she makes it happen. I personally don't think it's happening. As far as not being up to speed, I think I'm actually cruising at about 10 over. We'll find out in a couple days.
Not saying put her on all your parlays, it's only a significant prediction because Cyborg has never lost. The tiny minority in the know won't be surprised. If you subtract Cyborg's name value from the odds Vegas has her at about -150 in this fight. As she deserves to be, amanda's gas is suspect she doesn't fight with urgency but calculated i don't like to bet on that in WMMA and she hasn't fought at this weight before, but is Cyborg going to be the first 20 year+ fighter in MMA to retire undefeated? Because she will if she beats Amanda that's fact.

Not saying put her on all your parlays, it's significant prediction because Cyborg has never lost. The tiny minority in the know won't be surprised. If you subtract Cyborg's name value from the odds Vegas has her at about -150 in this fight.
Reasons why Cyborg should win:

Bigger
More experienced
'Never' lost
Fighting at her weight
More active/higher pace and volume
Better cardio
Iron chin
No glaring weaknesses
More paths to victory
More to lose
Much improved patience and technical striking
Won't quit
Will be the aggressor/will take Amanda out of her game

In addition to reading into the 'won't fight Brazilians' thing, I think another mistake is to read into her being passive in the clinch. It's a neutral position for her where she is in no danger and I think she will just hang out and rest there for short periods. You don't really think that Lina Lansberg was physically incapacitating Cyborg in the clinch right? I do believe Cyborg can get taken down and that's where the fight could get interesting. Anyway, good luck.

Not saying put her on all your parlays, it's only a significant prediction because Cyborg has never lost. The tiny minority in the know won't be surprised. If you subtract Cyborg's name value from the odds Vegas has her at about -150 in this fight. As she deserves to be, amanda's gas is suspect she doesn't fight with urgency but calculated i don't like to bet on that in WMMA and she hasn't fought at this weight before, but is Cyborg going to be the first 20 year+ fighter in MMA to retire undefeated? Because she will if she beats Amanda that's fact.

Didn't Cyborg lose her first pro fight?

Didn't Cyborg lose her first pro fight?
Well, there goes my she'd be more valuable if she retired earlier and had that 0. But I guess some bs first fight in the middle of nowhere messed that up. Ok expect her to stick around then until the next 45 lb young evolved killer arrives and retires her.

She’s going up, Cyborg can’t go down

Cyborg will be bigger and Amanda hasn’t fought a striker like Cyborg

Basically two very androgynous women used to be "the man" when they fight, now we'll see who's really the man. High testosterone fight but I have Cyborg because she seems like she has more testosterone.

Well, there goes my she'd be more valuable if she retired earlier and had that 0. But I guess some bs first fight in the middle of nowhere messed that up. Ok expect her to stick around then until the next 45 lb young evolved killer arrives and retires her.

It's gonna be Kayla Harrison most likely. She competed in judo at 78kg (about 171 lbs) but is already down to 155 fighting at LW. She can make 145. She needs another year or 18 months of seasoning, maybe 2 years but then if Cyborg is still on her win streak that will be THE fight in WMMA that everyone is clamoring for. Will likely be the biggest fight in WMMA history is my guess (again assuming they both keep winning).

Reasons why Cyborg should win:

Bigger
More experienced
'Never' lost
Fighting at her weight
More active/higher pace and volume
Better cardio
Iron chin
No glaring weaknesses
More paths to victory
More to lose
Much improved patience and technical striking
Won't quit
Will be the aggressor/will take Amanda out of her game

In addition to reading into the 'won't fight Brazilians' thing, I think another mistake is to read into her being passive in the clinch. It's a neutral position for her where she is in no danger and I think she will just hang out and rest there for short periods. You don't really think that Lina Lansberg was physically incapacitating Cyborg in the clinch right? I do believe Cyborg can get taken down and that's where the fight could get interesting. Anyway, good luck.
Reasons why I think this slightly favors Amanda.
-more technical striker
-loves to counter and preserve energy, Cyborg hates waiting
-better grappler, like you said, Judo trips and TD's are possible because
-better camp. Career ATTers develop into elite grapplers, Cyborg trains with Tito and Parillo, not bad. But not ATT
-no weight cut or sinusitis, she is large for 135. Expect her happier more confident with more gas throwing more volume with more power. -
I think Valentina is the most tehnical fighter in WMMA history and an absolute savage, even though she's small, she doesn't fight small. Having two wins over her means something. Holm is the only notable fighter on Cyborg's resume compared to the women Nunes has fought.
-champ swag, woman glows with confidence, drunk in love with Ansaroff.
-Has less to lose, to counter your point. She's still Champ after the fight regardless.
-Hits with more or equal power.
-Cyborg is old, battle worn, (almost all damage taken in the gym fighting dudes like the OG pioneer she is), UFC doesn't like her, Usada testing her up the ass, she can't just keep winning forever. It's WMMA i get it she's taken no damage but father time beats everyone, including Cyborg.
-Never said bet on this.. but this is going to be a close decision, if you bet, one of them is winning by decision, probably split.

Last edited:
Seriously, Cyborg is old at this point. She was the final boss in the Gina Carrano era. Geez!

Honestly, I think Cyborg's age is a huge factor in the fight plus was she able to juice or not?

Reasons why I think this slightly favors Amanda.
-more technical striker
-loves to counter and preserve energy, Cyborg hates waiting
-better grappler, like you said, Judo trips and TD's are possible because
-no weight cut or sinusitis, she is large for 135. Expect her happier more confident with more gas throwing more volume with more power.
-better camp. Career ATTers develop into elite grapplers, Cyborg trains with Tito and Parillo, not bad. But not ATT
-I think Valentina is the most tehnical fighter in WMMA history and an absolute savage, even though she's small, she doesn't fight small. Having two wins over her means something. Holm is the only notable fighter on Cyborg's resume compared to the women Nunes has fought.
-champ swag, woman glows with confidence, drunk in love with Ansaroff.
-Has less to lose, to counter your point. She's still Champ after the fight regardless.
-Hits with more or equal power.
-Cyborg is old, battle worn, (almost all damage taken in the gym fighting dudes like the OG pioneer she is), UFC doesn't like her, Usada testing her up the ass, she can't just keep winning forever. It's WMMA i get it she's taken no damage but father time beats everyone, including Cyborg.
-Never said bet on this.. but this is going to be a close decision, if you bet, one of them is winning by decision, probably split.

If you really, truly believe in Amanda then you HAVE to believe the fact it's at 145 is gonna really, REALLY help her gas tank. It's in there as one of your points, and I think it's possible you're right. But to me that is the key. Cyborg will throw heavy punches the entire fight. Can Amanda match that over a full 25 minutes? That's my question.

I favor Cyborg but will not count Nunes out. She absolutely is a live dog.

Seriously, Cyborg is old at this point. She was the final boss in the Gina Carrano era. Geez!

Honestly, I think Cyborg's age is a huge factor in the fight plus was she able to juice or not?
It seems like Cyborg has been around forever but she's only 33

It seems like Cyborg has been around forever but she's only 33
As far as women's MMA is concerned, she has literally been around forever. She dethroned Gina Carano when I was 17 years old. Do women even age as athletes the same way men do? In MMA years the way she used to train the woman is pushing 40. At least. Shogun stopped being Shogun at 33 too.

EDIT: Nevermind Cyborg via size, gas, and mental "intangibles."

Last edited:
Cyborg’s been fighting cans her whole carear, Nunes is going to beat cyborg she has the juice. She’s going to get loose and she’s going to knock cyborg the fuck out. Or it’s going to go to cards and she wins by decision either way Amanda is the real deal, cyborg will be exposed Saturday.
I agree but only that she wins by KO....nothing else

Back