Amanda Nunes is fighting girls that Valentina already beat

They are both great fighters but weight matters more in a sport that incorporates grappling than just striking. Nunes had her most dominant round against Valentina when she grappled her in the 2nd round of their first fight.

Compare that to their second fight which was mainly standing, which Valentina arguably won.

Yeah, I get that, but arguably winning doesn't matter. The point is she didn't win. She got the sort of fight that favored her and she lost it.

And somehow everyone still goes on like Val is just way better. It makes no sense, and at this point, the excuses are all lined up so that no matter if they fight again, Val and her super salty fans have something to blame it all on if she loses.

Yeah, I get that, but arguably winning doesn't matter. The point is she didn't win. She got the sort of fight that favored her and she lost it.

And somehow everyone still goes on like Val is just way better. It makes no sense, and at this point, the excuses are all lined up so that no matter if they fight again, Val and her super salty fans have something to blame it all on if she loses.

Well Amanda won the fights, those are the facts. But Nunes is definitely bigger than her, no way Valentina ever competes at featherweight. Not using it as an excuse since it's a part of the game, but it's a factor.

For Valentina to even come as close as she did to beating Nunes shows her greatness. Nunes also showed greatness by moving up in weight and beating Cyborg as well.

Don't understand why you are so invested in what her fans say, they are her fans so of course they will say stuff like that.

I enjoyed both their fights and I would have no problem in seeing a third one.

Nope, she would have stayed if she became champ.
They created the division as soon as she lost... AGAIN lmao

She didn't even have to cut weight to make 135. That's the definition of undersized in MMA.

Well Amanda won the fights, those are the facts. But Nunes is definitely bigger than her, no way Valentina ever competes at featherweight. Not using it as an excuse since it's a part of the game, but it's a factor.

For Valentina to even come as close as she did to beating Nunes shows her greatness. Nunes also showed greatness by moving up in weight and beating Cyborg as well.

Don't understand why you are so invested in what her fans say, they are her fans so of course they will say stuff like that.

I enjoyed both their fights and I would have no problem in seeing a third one.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of both as well. In fact, I've liked Val a lot more than I have Nunes actually.

But we're in a thread that has mostly been her saltier fans throwing out excuses here.

Valentina fans are so fucking weird. You would think by the way they post that she dominated and is 2-0 against Nunes. And that somehow Nunes is “ducking” her now when it was Valentina who left the division.

i like an old fashioned 1998 ufc one-sided beating as much as the next guy but since the Ronda fight i have little desire to watch Nunes anymore. I may be alone in this but i find it annoying that she seemingly doesn't want to test herself anymore.
Valentina is the only fight left for her.
Test herself against who?

Valentina fans brainwashed by Valentina that she won the 2nd fight. They probably believe that if you repeat something long enough, it will become true. No way on earth she won. It is a FACT. Amanda was the deserving winner of the 2nd fight. It was a close fight, but no one can argue factually Amanda did not deserve to keep her belt. Not on the judges card, not on the media judges and not on the official fight stats and not on the actual result where Amanda is 2-0 against Valentina.

Nunes out-struck Valentina in every single round except the 5th round in the 2nd fight. Amanda consistently had much higher landed shots, but Valentina was punching air and pretending more. That is what the numbers say. It is so pathetic how Valentina fanbois really swooning at her dancing skills, don't want to give credit to Amanda. The only place where Valentina can beat Amanda, is at 125 lbs, but Amanda has already said she would not go to 125 lbs. It was Valentina who ran away from the division. Not Amanda.

Amanda is officially 2-0 against Valentina. Amanda would run through Carmouche and Maia like a mac truck and Valentina got a decision against them in two of the most boring fights. Amanda has finished over 70% of her opponents compared to 30% for Valentina. Amanda has beaten far bigger opponents like Germaine (x2), Holly, Megan and Cyborg. Cyborg in their fight weighed over 170 lbs while Amanda was 158 lbs. Megan Anderson was easily 15 lbs bigger than Amanda.

Holly was getting lit up on the feet by Megan and had to take her down to win the fight while Amanda bulldozed through Megan in 1 round on the feet. No one aside from Amanda has knocked out Holly. Only Amanda has and she did it exctly how she wanted it to end, which is how Holly knocked out Rousey. Valentina lost 2 rounds againt Holly, while Amanda knocked her out in 1st round.

People are talking about Pena, just wait and watch what happens. She is a perfect match for Amanda's style who likes to come forward and pressure her opponent. That is where Amanda shines the most in the fire fights. She is going to run through Pena like a big bulldozer. Mark my words.

Here is the scoring of all of the media outlet judges. All of them gave the fight to Amanda

nunes.jpg

Here is breakdown of the fight stats (source: UFCStats.com) of all 5 rounds. Amanda outlanded Valentina in 4 out of 5 rounds and got 2 out of 2 of the takedowns in the entire fight. They don't understand how judging works.

The fact that the challenger has everything to prove and champion has nothing to prove. If they stood there and did nothing, the champion gets the win. Even if it is a draw, the champion keeps the belt. Valentina absolutely was not even close to taking the belt fron Amanda given this performance.

Fight-Stats2.png

Last edited:
The thing is though, she never had any problem at all at BW until Nunes. Then Nunes beat her and all of a sudden she's too small.

No one said anything when she was beating Holly and all the rest.

If the weight was always such a problem then that's on her. She should never have been at BW at all.

To her salty fans, this just gives her an automatic excuse even if she did fight and lose to Nunes again. Like, in what scenario can Nunes be considered better here? Even if she beats Val again, everyone will just say it was because she's bigger.

She was always too small. Thing is she never complained bc that was the only weight class she could healthy fight (she has to kill herself like JJ to be SW) until FlyW was added. Now she’s on her fittest weight class.

I’m not gonna waste my time anymore on this.

She was always too small. Thing is she never complained bc that was the only weight class she could healthy fight (she has to kill herself like JJ to be SW) until FlyW was added. Now she’s on her fittest weight class.

I’m not gonna waste my time anymore on this.

How was she always too small when she had literally no problem at BW for her entire career? But then, once she hit Nunes, all of a sudden it was always a problem.

How was she always too small when she had literally no problem at BW for her entire career? But then, once she hit Nunes, all of a sudden it was always a problem.

It was a problem that she was able to overcome. She has to fight everyone (well, everyone worth a shit) at 135 far more cautiously than women her own size. Women like Holm and Kaufman had a size advantage but Shevchenko's skill was enough to overcome the existing problem. Nunes had enough size, strength, power and skill to overcome the more technical Shevchenko's marginal skill advantage.

Just because someone overcomes a problem with some people but not all does not stop the problem from existing.

I think Shevchenko will hand Nunes a big fat loss one day real soon, boys.
You've probably been hoping that since UFC 196.

I was hoping DC would beat Jones for the longest time

Seriously, they need to bring Kayla Harrison.

2x Olympic Gold medalist, PFL champion and undefeated.

Strawweight is the only WMMA division that doesn't suck ass

P4P Valentina>Manda

Doesn't matter since Amanda is perhaps the second best WMMA fighter in the World in term of talent (after Bullet) but what Amanda has in spade, is power to fuck-up everyone else but maybe GDR.

That power with that talent = Amanda > Bullet (proved already twice btw)

There’s nobody to fight. They needed cyborg and should have had nunes cyborg twice a year.

I can see that. But that also tells me how bad that division is, so many years and they still can get raising challengers? Amanda is not even that active of a fighter, she's fighting like once a year in that division now

Back