Amanda Nunes is a MAJOR threat to Ronda Rousey

Nunes has the potential to put up a good fight.

She will need to work on 3 major things;

1) Lack of footwork. She tends to get very flat footed, which does her justice in the power area but will make her an easy target for a Ronda toss or trip after the clinch.

2) The clinch. She is too comfortable working the clinch which as everyone should know by now is Ronda's bread and butter. If she can keep Ronda out of her comfort zone and circle away she might do okay.

3) Gas tank still unproven. Even if she has picked up better Cardio recently, a fight with Ronda will involve lots of movement and breaking off of the clinch. She will have to push Ronda away, and spend a great deal of time being hunted to avoid the clinch. Her striking and her low hands will work against her too because Nunes tends to get a bit lazy and drops her hands a lot which will let Ronda get inside very easy.

Yes Nunes could be a contender, but she has to put in some serious work to deal with what Ronda brings to the table; high pressure clinch work, mobility/footwork, and proven cardio to deal with the the very aggressive and relentless Ronda.

Legit English? That's a threat to Ronda? She looked good against McMann but that doesn't mean much when Rousey is consistently that dominant. Rousey takes her.

Amanda is a threat for the first 15 seconds, but when Ronda grabs a hold of her...

She's done, son.

Didnt Ronda drop McMann with a liver shot? She finished McMann in barely over a minute.. Nunes might last a bit longer, but the ending will be the same. Rousey leaves the cage with the belt.

So was every other bird she wrecked in less than 1 minute.

Nunes looks tough, and has her upside, but I still think she gets Ronda'd in less than 1 round.

She's a threat because she has height, range, power mostly because of Ronda has holes everywhere in her stand up game. Even slow no talent Bethe hit her in the opening seconds. Nunes octagon IQ is a concern tho thats why she should fight once or twice more before getting a title shot.

LMAO, let me guess, you had a 40 of rum tonight and came home to troll sherdog and my topic?

fact is Nunes has amazing power, improved cardio and most IMPORANTLY, the thing you CAN'T measure

The WILL TO WIN

THE WILL TO WIN

That thing that leaves her body when the first round finishes, and how do you know her cardio has improved she hasn't made it out of the first round since the last time she gassed horribly

dlqmeH.gif

ummm, no, she packs way more punch than Cat but she had marginally less carido. Now she trains at ATT and the elite trainers in Florida, she's a fucking beast.

Did you just find out who amanda Nunes is? or just started following her she's been at ATT for a while

It is nice to see the talent level continue to get better.I think we will start to see a lot of women like Pena with just raw athleticism get into the sport early and become something.

Nunes is like an advanced version of Pena and looks more what I expect future WMMA fighters to look like except they will start earlier. I can't see anyone beating Ronda but it's a respectable challenge. Gotta give props to Nunes, she is well-rounded and comes to fight and is continuing to improve.

watch the fight against CZ and then edit your post, ts...

Nobody but Cyborg is a threat to Ronda. And I really think the cut to 135 will drain and make Cyborg so weak. I honestly don't see anyone ever beating Ronda at 135.

She's a threat because she has height, range, power mostly because of Ronda has holes everywhere in her stand up game. Even slow no talent Bethe hit her in the opening seconds. Nunes octagon IQ is a concern tho thats why she should fight once or twice more before getting a title shot.
It is like people don't understand when fighters are willing to take shots to land their own. Chuck Liddell made a career out of it. Bethe doesn't lay a glove on Ronda if Ronda decided to fight her conservatively.

Ronda certainly has defensive holes but if you think you saw them when she bull-rushed Bethe and KOed her in 16 seconds you are mistaken. She simply chose not to care about any openings knowing it would be a matter of seconds before she walked through anything Bethe had. If Bethe had one-punch KO power there is no way Ronda does the same thing.

I don't think she can beat Ronda. But I will say that this was the first time a female fighter looked like professional. Nunes' movements were fluid and those counters were well timed and accurate in a way that I'm just not use to seeing from the female fighters. I just think she would lose once she clinches with Ronda.

She would certainly do better than Bethe. Then again, Betty White would've done better than Bethe; sooooo........

Does that mean that Betty White could beat Zingano and Davis?

zingano beat her down less than a year ago guys calm down
Cat%2BZingano%2BFinishes%2BAmanda%2BNunes%2BUFC%2B178.gif

EnergeticPastFireant.gif

DefiniteSpanishAustraliankestrel.gif

Back