Amanda Nunes is a MAJOR threat to Ronda Rousey

She's hot.

200_s.gifhttp:

Yea, fuck it, we'll go with that.

holy jesus I've never seen anything like it, this chick is legit and coming for that belt. Beautiful power, great ground game, improved cardio and legit english.

This is your worst nightmare Ronda whiteknights, the Nunes destructor is coming for that gold belt

Your opponent can make you look like a world beater. Put her in with Ronda and you will see her look like an amateur.

Your opponent can make you look like a world beater. Put her in with Ronda and you will see her look like an amateur.

So are you trying to suggest McMann isn't a top level opponent?

I mean clearly we know Ronda is a step above everyone else, but Amanda steamrolled Sara meanwhile showcasing very stealthy TDD and scrambling skills.

True, Nunes only smashed an Olympian.

Nothing to see here folks. :icon_lol:

So are you trying to suggest McMann isn't a top level opponent?

I mean clearly we know Ronda is a step above everyone else, but Amanda steamrolled Sara meanwhile showcasing very stealthy TDD and scrambling skills.

Ronda is more than a step above. More like leaps and bounds above. And she continues to improve every fight. Thus the gap in skill between her and the rest of the division stays the same and in most cases widens.

Nunes offers nothing out of her back and gasses out quickly, so as soon as Ronda tosses her it's over. That being said, Amanda can catch her with something clean and block a couple takedowns and, if she does, Rousey would be in far more trouble than she's been in her MMA career. I'd favor Ronda by a wide margin, but Nunes has a good chance against anyone.

Ronda is more than a step above. More like leaps and bounds above. And she continues to improve every fight. Thus the gap in skill between her and the rest of the division stays the same and in most cases widens.

Yeah but here's the thing, it's like Amanda entered some carinvals of Narnia shit tonight and forwarded to the future by 50x through a wardrobe of kick ass. This is progess we didn't expect from here, at all.

She's progessing at a rate that's quick and loud.

I might have agreed with you if you'd used lowercase

I like Nunes she's looked good but Ronda is just so far above everyone else.

holy jesus I've never seen anything like it, this chick is legit and coming for that belt. Beautiful power, great ground game, improved cardio and legit english.

This is your worst nightmare Ronda whiteknights, the Nunes destructor is coming for that gold belt
So dumb that "white knight" is such a major insult around here, LOL.

Nunes and Rousey should be a very interesting fight.

It's at least an interesting fight and whilst I and most would obviously back Ronda to win, I could see Nunes putting up a decent fight.
I remember being so relieved that Cat came back and won after Nunes basically flash KO'd her because I felt like Nunes had 0 for Ronda.
I don't think she has 0 for Ronda now, she has improved greatly and looked really fantastic against McMann.

I'm not sure the route to get to the shot, but maybe it is a rematch with Cat or even Davis to get the timing right but I do think she can earn her way there.

I would be excited to see either of those 2 fights anyway.

Agree with TS, Nunes makes an intriguing matchup. She has a brown belt in Judo so she can at least hang with Ronda in that area. Has a black belt in BJJ as well. Plus she uses spacing effectively to avoid bull rushes like she did against McMann tonight. She makes an interesting matchup. Better than Miesha Armbar v3.

She's an interesting challenger but I wouldn't say a major threat yet. Her TDD has obviously improved since she moved to ATT but this fight didn't get to show us if she can carry that pace through an extended fight or gas like she did in the Zingano fight. Right now I still see her getting Judo tossed off of one of those wild punches and getting that arm ripped off.

We still don't know how much her cardio has improved though, but other than that yeah, beastly.

fact is Nunes has amazing power, improved cardio and most IMPORANTLY, the thing you CAN'T measure

The WILL TO WIN

THE WILL TO WIN

Yeah, so much will she got crushed by Davis and Zingano, who lasted a combined 30 seconds against Rousey.

"Oh she has improved" you say.

Well so has Rousey. You don't catch up to Rousey, not unless if you're a better athlete, and Nunes isn't one of them. There're plenty of better athletes than Rousey, but they don't waste their time with MMA.

Back