Amanda Nunes: "I have no problem fighting Miesha Tate. The real contender"

Of course Nunes has no problem with it. Miesha Tate however, should have no interest in this fight. If Nunes wins, she's beating the UFC number one contender and established herself in line for a title shot. It's literally all upside. There's no upside though for Miesha Tate. If she wins, she's beaten somebody that Cat Zingano, Alexis Davis (and Sarah D'Alelio for Christsakes) have already beat.

For Tate, having had the title shot ripped from her, the only chance for upside is to either avenge a past loss (Sarah Kaufman or Cat Zingano) or accept a fight with Cris Cyborg where she comes out a hero no matter what the result.

That is the biggest problem Miesha has going against her, concerning Ronda. There isn't really a fighter that Tate can fight, to prove she has improved enough in the areas Ronda destroys her. The Cat rematch(provided Tate dominates Cat, and/or keeps it relatively uncompetitive) will suffice only in showing if she has improved enough to get the job done against Cat. Still, at least that'd be (if only slightly) visible improvement to point at when making a claim for a title shot, against someone that has crushed you twice.

That's your stance and I respect it. Personally I think that just shows how lacking in meaning this need to show even more improvement is. Tate has shown and done about as much as is reasonable to get her title shot.

That's esp. so with the bar being pathetically low for WBW title shots in the first place imo. Anyways, it's looking she's fighting Nunes next. That would take out the only other fresh contender if Tate wins so there's no excuses for not going with the Tate rematch at that point. Then again I now expect Zingano/Rousey II to be announced then and people to defend that with 1 loss to Rousey being better than 2.

Records don't mean shit. Anderson lost to Takase. Rampage lost twice to Wandelei in a brutal fashion. Styles are what make fights, and fighters do improve over time.

Cain > JDS > Werdum > Cain

See what I mean? MMA math doesn't work.

JDS>Cain>JDS>Werdum>Cain>JDS
icon_cheesygrin.gif

That's your stance and I respect it. Personally I think that just shows how lacking in meaning this need to show even more improvement is. Tate has shown and done about as much as is reasonable to get her title shot.

That's esp. so with the bar being pathetically low for WBW title shots in the first place imo. Anyways, it's looking she's fighting Nunes next. That would take out the only other fresh contender if Tate wins so there's no excuses for not going with the Tate rematch at that point. Then again I now expect Zingano/Rousey II to be announced then and people to defend that with 1 loss to Rousey being better than 2.

God, I hope not. Anybody that can try and convince the world, that she entered a RR fight and didn't expect RR to target her arms is either retarded, lying, or insane. In any event, I don't want to watch that rematch.

Back