Amanda Nunes' Final Offer: Rematch with Cyborg to End Her Career

Nunes vs. Cyborg 2

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
amanda-nunes-of-brazil-punches-cris-cyborg-of-brazil-in-their-womens-picture-id1075815424

“First I want to defend my belt because I left my division hanging when I moved up. I think it makes sense for me to fight Holm, the only former champion I didn’t face yet. Afterwards, I think a rematch with Cyborg would be cool, then I’ll quit.”

amanda-nunes-of-brazil-punches-cris-cyborg-of-brazil-in-their-womens-picture-id1075816180

No more rumors about whether or not Amanda Nunes will be at UFC 237. After some speculation concerning the ‘Lioness’ taking on former bantamweight champion Holly Holm at the upcoming Rio de Janeiro card, Nunes herself finally revealed to Combate that she is dealing with some personal issues in Brazil and will not perform at the event.

i

According to the 30-year-old, there simply is not enough time to handle her problems and still properly prepare for a title fight on May 11, so instead, Nunes hopes she could get back in the Octagon only by the end of 2019.

“It would be difficult. I’m thinking about fighting by the end of the year, in November or December,” Nunes said. “Now, I’m here in Brazil dealing with some family issues. I wouldn’t have time to properly prepare for a fight in May.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/2/...for-ufc-237-november-december-return-mma-news

Last edited:
They should go back to paying fighters 5k/5k maybe then when they snatch a belt they won't aim for fighting once a year and talking about retirement.

They should go back to paying fighters 5k/5k maybe then when they snatch a belt they won't aim for fighting once a year and talking about retirement.

No, they should just be adamant about stripping the champion if they decide to sit out for a year simply because they feel like it.

Another champ champ holding her division up
Sad
I don't like how she is always stalling out the division, but I'm here for this fight. I really really think Cyborg could put a win together.

If they rematch, Cybro should have to move down to 135 since Nunes moved up for the first fight.

That way the UFC can finally do away with the wasteland that is women's FW.

In b4 Cybro nuthuggers and their "CYBORG WOULD DIE IF SHE TRIED TO LOSE WEIGHT!!!" BS

Again with the "i wouldnt have time to prepare" bullshit...

WTF amanda...

She won't defend until Nov or Dec?

Strip her.

She's not injured/suspended, she has no real excuse to hold a division up that long.

Since Cyborg made Amanda is a traitor t-shirts, perhaps Amanda can make Cris piñatas this time.

did you read the post brotha? I fuck with you and your posts but her first quote was about not wanting to hold her division up lol

Did you read the post? She also said she was not going to come back till November or December

135 will go a year and a half with not Title fight
145 will go a year.

Two divisions... No Title fights for over a year

Yeah... She is really concerned about not holding up the division bro

Back