Amanda Leve - a female beating men in Grappling. Real?

woloo

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Amanda Leve vs Scott Toro

Amanda Leve vs Khaled Dassan

(only lost to this guy, but he gave his ass off to win)

Amanda Leve vs Justin O'Connor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lj2JIFbri0

Amanda Leve vs Wyatt Sellers

Is it her strength or skills that is contributing to her wins? Some of the guys she beat are bigger.

Last edited:
Well, three of the videos aren't working for me (taken down by Grapplers Quest, apparently) but in the first video, she's a bigger blue belt taking on a white belt, so... yeah, probably legit.

I'm a blue belt and there's currently a female blue belt in my gym who's a nightmare to roll with. Yes, I could probably just use strength to smash her because there's a huge size difference, but skill for skill she's a real challenge. She's tiny, but manages to make it work to her advantage and escapes from everywhere. I've got to be really careful, because if she gets on my back is like having a spider monkey back there jumping from chokes to armbars to triangles.

Well, three of the videos aren't working for me (taken down by Grapplers Quest, apparently) but in the first video, she's a bigger blue belt taking on a white belt, so... yeah, probably legit.

I'm a blue belt and there's currently a female blue belt in my gym who's a nightmare to roll with. Yes, I could probably just use strength to smash her because there's a huge size difference, but skill for skill she's a real challenge. She's tiny, but manages to make it work to her advantage and escapes from everywhere. I've got to be really careful, because if she gets on my back is like having a spider monkey back there jumping from chokes to armbars to triangles.

What do you mean careful? How can women compete with men given the strength difference there is? I don't think blue belt women could beat white belt men. Can you use strength in BJJ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ujitsu-champion-join-wrestling-team-GIRL.html

"Amanda Leve, 16, sometimes wrestles boys two more weight levels ahead if her. According to an article about Leve on Phillyfit.com, when the teen was 14 she was already fighting women’s and teen boy’s advanced division in weight classes two divisions higher than her own (heavy and super heavy weight)."

Wow. Why not make her fight guys?

If anyone actually spent more than a week in a BJJ gym, you'd see this isn't exactly rare.

If anyone actually spent more than a week in a BJJ gym, you'd see this isn't exactly rare.

Have you seen girls beating boys or women beating men in BJJ? Where I go, I am yet to see. I think male and female strength gap is too much.

What do you mean careful? How can women compete with men given the strength difference there is? I don't think blue belt women could beat white belt men. Can you use strength in BJJ?
I mean technically careful. The blue belt I roll with is very, very quick, flexible and technical, so I have to concentrate on technique to make sure I'm not leaving myself open.

I've been tapped by plenty of women in training. Especially in the gi. A tight gi choke is a tight gi choke, regardless of the gender.

But yes, generally speaking, men will have a strength advantage they can use. And that definitely matters. However, so does technique. That's the whole point of bjj; technique can beat strength.

In a comp, I doubt a woman of equal skill would beat me because I'd be more willing to just use my strength. But I'm also reasonably big. If I was smaller and the woman was larger, and a belt or two higher, then she'd definitely have a chance.

I've been tapped by plenty of women in training. Especially in the gi. A tight gi choke is a tight gi choke, regardless of the gender.
In a comp, I doubt a woman of equal skill would beat me because I'd be more willing to just use my strength. But I'm also reasonably big. If I was smaller and the woman was larger, and a belt or two higher, then she'd definitely have a chance.

Do you go 100% in training with women? How can you tap them if you are a brown belt and bigger? Unless they are world class athletes, which is a different story.

Do you go 100% in training with women? How can you tap them if you are a brown belt and bigger? Unless they are world class athletes, which is a different story.

Why is this so shocking to you? There over 3 billion women on the planet. Some of them can beat men is fights. It's not that outlandish of a thing

my brother slammed a pruple belt from guard in no gi ... he was a male, but im sure he would smash this girl.

you can win by skill, but gender and size are real. Bob Sapp is the proof.

Why is this so shocking to you? There over 3 billion women on the planet. Some of them can beat men is fights. It's not that outlandish of a thing

Losing to a girl in a fight is not shocking? Sports are separated by gender. Especially contact sports. I just can't believe the fact that Amanda Leve's beating bigger guys who train and are stronger.

Not sure I understand you correctly, but I'm a blue belt, not brown.

And no, I don't go 100% in terms of strength, and most of the time I relax my technique a bit too. That's why I said a competition would be different.

However, with the blue belt I've been talking about, I don't use 100% strength, but I do often use 100% technique. So, basically, besides using my strength to hulk out of things, I treat her the same as I would a man. She's very good. Her quickness and flexibility, plus her technical acumen, make up for a lot of the strength difference.

Again, to be clear, I'm talking about training, not competition.

Not sure I understand you correctly, but I'm a blue belt, not brown.

And no, I don't go 100% in terms of strength, and most of the time I relax my technique a bit too. That's why I said a competition would be different.

However, with the blue belt I've been talking about, I don't use 100% strength, but I do often use 100% technique. So, basically, besides using my strength to hulk out of things, I treat her the same as I would a man. She's very good. Her quickness and flexibility, plus her technical acumen, make up for a lot of the strength difference.

Again, to be clear, I'm talking about training, not competition.

Ok. Not targetting you or anything lol. Have you seen any female in your gym kicking a skilled guy's ass? Is it normal?

Ok. Not targetting you or anything lol. Have you seen any female in your gym kicking a skilled guy's ass? Is it normal?
Not really, no.

I see women submitting people all the time. Including submitting skilled guys. But I’d never say they kicked their ass. Because it’s training. Everyone’s just trying to learn so it’s likely the guys are holding back significant size disadvantages.

There is a female black belt at my gym and she is undoubtedly skilled. She’s something of jiu jitsu genius IMO. But she’s tiny and middle aged, so she only rolls with other women or very small men. I’ve seen her strangle the shit out of a male purple belt who’s about the same size as her, but I’ve never seen her roll with a man of equal size and skill, so have no idea how it would go.

I have seen some girls, the blue belt I’ve been talking about for example, absolutely wreck some white belts. Even when there’s a size disadvantage. And even when the white belt starts to spa (usually when there’s suddenly gi cloth wrapped tightly around their neck). It’s hard to appreciate until you’ve trained, but a guy who’s completely untrained and clueless about grappling will get completely worked by a competent female BJJ practitioner most of the time. The noob just makes too many mistakes. Unless we’re talking about some dude who’s well over 200lbs and athletic or something, who may still just be able to win because of size and strength.

Basically, BJJ is a great equaliser. It allows someone smaller to defeat someone bigger... Until that bigger person also knows jiu jitsu. Then it becomes much, much harder. Obviously. However, even then, a very talented grappler, man or woman, can sometimes overcome the size difference. This is the beauty of BJJ.

But all that said, most of the time it goes the way you think it would. Physics can’t be fucked with too much really.

Have you seen girls beating boys or women beating men in BJJ? Where I go, I am yet to see. I think male and female strength gap is too much.

Both, particularly when there's a large experience/ technique gap.

Of course, all things equal, the guy's going to win, but put a competition purple belt female against a newb white belt male, and the dude's typically getting wrecked.

Back