AMA - 7.5 days without food, (Results Posted on Page 9)

Cool. :)

Good luck with your process...

Is there any science behind having day 3 as your cheat day, or is it just a matter of personal preference?

I saw a few 'How to break a fast' YouTube videos, and they recommend going easy at first with only having a few foods that's light on the stomach.

Too many people are starving by the end of their fasts and GORGE themselves on whatever they've been craving for 3 meals a day.... and then wonder why they gained all their weight back.

Hey, if that's their goal, more power to them. Some say the most fun thing about weightloss is gaining it back. But for me, I'm thinking long-term.

I went from 245 to 211 not really watching how much I ate, but basically 'Eat This. Not That.' Then to get from 211 to 180 it was intermittent fasting with protein shakes, etc, but still having a cheat meal a week. Nothing major, but something like pancakes at Denny's.

I went from 180 to 200 basically the exact same way I initially got up to 245 in the first place... not watching my weight and saying 'Oh I'm probably around _____' and then when I got on the scale I was surprised. Now I'm in the daily habit of waking up and getting on the scale, regardless of being excited to see the results or dreading it.

After my cheat day I'm fully expecting to be 6 or 7 pounds heavier, but maybe it'll be less. We'll see.

If I can do this while being an UberEats driver, anyone can.

Damn, the smells must be torture. I just had 5 street tacos and a large glass coke for dinner $3.03 USD. It's hard to turn that down. I'm not overweight just everything goes to my belly, and literally nowhere else. Honestly I think I just need more cardio.

Damn, the smells must be torture. I just had 5 street tacos and a large glass coke for dinner $3.03 USD. It's hard to turn that down. I'm not overweight just everything goes to my belly, and literally nowhere else. Honestly I think I just need more cardio.

Kinda. Some food smells better than others.

It sounds like I'm very strong-minded but I tried many times this year already to lose weight, saying I'll start on a particular week, and quit by Thursday each time because I wasn't seeing results.

So, I'm doing something drastic - something we've all heard about but 99% have disregarded as a realistic option - and saw some good results at first so I thought it'd be an interesting discussion thread.

Honestly I think I just need more cardio.

One last thing - of my journies going from 245 to 180 and now 200 to whatever I can't contribute a single pound of what I've lost to exercise.

Exercise helps, don't get me wrong, but it makes me VERY hungry and I eat not the things that helps in weightloss.

If I could give three bits of advice to everyone who wants to lose weight, it'd be these three things.

1. Intermittent Fasting, and aim to eventually aim for OMAD.
2. Drink ALOT of water with lemons and powdered fiber. It will help with cravings and it'll flush out your system.
3. For your meals identify what you eat that is bad for you and simply replace them with healthier options you like more. Eat ONE cheat meal a week to reward yourself for going an entire week.

I describe myself as 'lazy as fuck' so if I.... yes I... can lose 50+ pounds anyone can lose ten to twenty.

I saw a few 'How to break a fast' YouTube videos, and they recommend going easy at first with only having a few foods that's light on the stomach.

Too many people are starving by the end of their fasts and GORGE themselves on whatever they've been craving for 3 meals a day.... and then wonder why they gained all their weight back.

Hey, if that's their goal, more power to them. Some say the most fun thing about weightloss is gaining it back. But for me, I'm thinking long-term.

I went from 245 to 211 not really watching how much I ate, but basically 'Eat This. Not That.' Then to get from 211 to 180 it was intermittent fasting with protein shakes, etc, but still having a cheat meal a week. Nothing major, but something like pancakes at Denny's.

I went from 180 to 200 basically the exact same way I initially got up to 245 in the first place... not watching my weight and saying 'Oh I'm probably around _____' and then when I got on the scale I was surprised. Now I'm in the daily habit of waking up and getting on the scale, regardless of being excited to see the results or dreading it.

After my cheat day I'm fully expecting to be 6 or 7 pounds heavier, but maybe it'll be less. We'll see.
Isn't there a chance this could fuck up your insulin production or something along those lines? Just feels like this is something you need to build towards or you'll either erode your progress or fuck something up inside. I could be wrong though, I've lived on pizza for a year or two straight and would happily do it again.

Isn't there a chance this could fuck up your insulin production or something along those lines?

Never in the history of diabetes has fasting caused diabetes.

Just feels like this is something you need to build towards or you'll either erode your progress or fuck something up inside. I could be wrong though, I've lived on pizza for a year or two straight and would happily do it again.

Pizza and Mountain Dew is how I got up to 245 pounds.

I was poor and they were cheap.

The big advantage of fasting isn't weight loss, it's clearing out your intestines and resetting gut micromes.

Its that too.

Flushing out your system is always a good thing.

I went on the low fodmap diet last year for some medical reasons and went from 190 to 160 in a couple months. I think that 190 was put on pretty quickly too though and I walk a few marathons in miles every week. Either way that was a lot of weight for basically just eating cleaner, not necessarily less.

I'm sure you've researched the hell o
Never in the history of diabetes has fasting caused diabetes.

Pizza and Mountain Dew is how I got up to 245 pounds.

I was poor and they were cheap.
You know what, I'm probably thinking of veganism. Not sure if it's switching to it or going back to meat, but I've heard it can cause some problems.

I'm sure you've researched the hell o

You know what, I'm probably thinking of veganism. Not sure if it's switching to it or going back to meat, but I've heard it can cause some problems.

I've done absolutely no research on veganism.

IMO, its a virtue-signaling diet.
A social movement against the meat industry.

I get the objections against factory farming but there's no logical or nutritional reason to not consume eggs.

I mentioned that some doctors have done medical papers concluding that eggs are practically toxic.... I have a theory those doctors have alternative pro-veganism motives.

Its just a theory.
I went on the low fodmap diet last year for some medical reasons and went from 190 to 160 in a couple months. I think that 190 was put on pretty quickly too though and I walk a few marathons in miles every week. Either way that was a lot of weight for basically just eating cleaner, not necessarily less.

Yup, I basically did the same thing when I went from 245 to 211.

I didn't take any 'Day 1' photos, but this one is from a few weeks ago when I was around 200 pounds.

Screenshot_20210323-143134_Gallery0408ac0f1e175a4f.jpg

(Not really sucking my gut in, its just how I stand. Former military.) And this was after a work-out.

And this is from today.

20210323_14250270b6921f35d5bf15.jpg

Honestly man it looks like you've lost muscle mass.

You gotta eat man.
Fasting works.
We can go back to the whole caveman stuff. But you should be eating, just eating well.

What’s your energy level like with not eating?

Yeah, I explained that. 1st pic was right after a workout.

Even so. In a starvation diet the body protects what fat it has so as to be better able to survive the next famine.

So one would expect you to lose muscle and it looks like you have.

That's the narrative I'm attached to fair enough, but you are also attached to your narrative defending your strategy. Your motivation is higher because you are more invested. Whilst we can't get an objective result, there's enough to conclude muscle loss is possible.

Take a pic after a workout and let us see the glory of your day free musculature maybe? That would probably be the least taxing method, vague but easy.

Back