Am I too young to ask my doctor about low trt?

tmnpothead

Teenage Mutant Ninja Pothead
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm 31 years young. I'm curious if its possible I might have low testosterone levels. Mainly my sex drive is dogshit. I barely show any interest in getting any. I mean I still notice hot women and all that but right now I have a chick pretty much asking me to come over and bang and I just have no interest. 5 years ago I'd be all over this offer.

Plus i just low drive at every day things, i used to not be so lazy but nowadays it's a chore to do just about anything. I may also have mild depression I've made a doctors appointment to get checked out. Should I even bring up testosterone or is that something the doctor will bring up?

EDIT
So screw it I'm not too proud to post this. Help me get a membership to the YMCA and maybe some gym clothes i can use to work out in. Just know that the shelter I'm staying at routinely drug tests and every night I have to pass a breathalyzer so any money you can give is going towards something good. God bless anyone that can help.

https://www.gofundme.com/homeless-needing-money-to-get-a-ymca-membership

Last edited:
I thought I had low testosterone once. I had all the symptoms that they advertise supplements for.

Went in and took the test which was supposed to be ~300 for the low end indicating supplemental Test is necessary.

My level was 900. No joke.

No, 31 y/o in modern day is not too old. Adult males are nowadays surrounded by so much plastic, soy and sitting on their butt all day long that test is all time low. Definitely visit a doc. I strongly suggest not going to your GP with this as TRT is extremely misunderstood by most docs, find out a fancier "youth revitalizing"-oriented clinic and you'll be set.

I thought I had low testosterone once. I had all the symptoms that they advertise supplements for.

Went in and took the test which was supposed to be ~300 for the low end indicating supplemental Test is necessary.

My level was 900. No joke.
Did you ask the doctor to have the test taken?

Did you ask the doctor to have the test taken?
Yeah, it was at the end of the year when my workplace benefits were gonna expire. The doctor was a family friend and I asked her to run every test under the sun. Accidentally spent too much and got a bill from LabCorp for like 800 dollars. That 6 month later surprise sucked.

No, 31 y/o in modern day is not too old. Adult males are nowadays surrounded by so much plastic, soy and sitting on their butt all day long that test is all time low. Definitely visit a doc. I strongly suggest not going to your GP with this as TRT is extremely misunderstood by most docs, find out a fancier "youth revitalizing"-oriented clinic and you'll be set.
Hmm I'll look into it. Thanks for the reply.

That's not really an age thing, you can be 18 and still have low T. Go and check. Also, consider the possibility of you having thyroid problems, depression and so on. Talk to your doctor.

Yeah, it was at the end of the year when my workplace benefits were gonna expire. The doctor was a family friend and I asked her to run every test under the sun. Accidentally spent too much and got a bill from LabCorp for like 800 dollars. That 6 month later surprise sucked.
Damn. My insurance expires last year and I didnt know about it, went to the ER a week afterwards and was awarded a 5,000 dollar bill. No way I'm paying that thing

That's not really an age thing, you can be 18 and still have low T. Go and check. Also, consider the possibility of you having thyroid problems, depression and so on. Talk to your doctor.
Good point. I got an appointment next month.

Might be that you are just a mess and your body is still trying to find normal ..... Didnt you just recently get sober ? Forgive me if im mistaken . If im not wrong that plays hell on your body and mind for the better part of a year

Might be that you are just a mess and your body is still trying to find normal ..... Didnt you just recently get sober ? Forgive me if im mistaken . If im not wrong that plays hell on your body and mind for the better part of a year
Yeah that's what I was thinking too. But since I did make the doctors appointment for a separate issue I was just wondering if it was something worth bringing up.

Back