Am I the only one?

Am I the only person of Irish decent not drinking the Mcgregor Koolaid? I'm about as Irish as it get, clover leaf tattoo that says Irish Pride on it ect.. But Aldo is gonna rape this guy and I just can't find a way to look past that.

Plastic Paddy.

Every white person in America seems to pay a creepy amount of attention to their Irish heritage.
I can appreciate how you feel that way but The US hasn't been around that long and my family didn't come over until the early 1900's.

DP was ranked #5 when Conor beat him. If you do not think that is worthy of a shot, it is quite clear that his current streak + the manner in which he has won = better than anyone else in the division right now. To argue otherwise is to engage in mental gymnastics.

McGregor seems to be the more fluid striker, has better movement, and - without question - has cleaner, faster, and more powerful hands relative to Aldo. Aldo, on paper, appears to be the better grappler, indeed, but to say that Aldo is "much better" on the feet seems off-base.

No one is more dangerous - from a number's perspective - than Conor right now. Even when you compare the early parts of their respective careers, Conor was/is more dangerous than Aldo.

Honestly I think it's a good fight but the Conor hype killing me.

LOL I am ACTUALLY IRISH, no not just a tattoo saying Irish pride or whatever you have. I have irish blood, full irish heritage and I'm not on the McGregor bandwagon. I think he's good, WAY overhyped at this point. Think his shot to the title was FAR too easy, and that Aldo will mop the floor with the kid.
Honestly we're on the same page but you said it better than I did. Also my heritage is legit second generation born in the US. Most of my extended family still lives in Hell's Kitchen NY. Luckily I'm in southern Cali

LOL I am ACTUALLY IRISH, no not just a tattoo saying Irish pride or whatever you have. I have irish blood, full irish heritage and I'm not on the McGregor bandwagon. I think he's good, WAY overhyped at this point. Think his shot to the title was FAR too easy, and that Aldo will mop the floor with the kid.

So I take it you were against Mendes' 2nd shot for a title as well? He faced worse competition.

I was talking about the island. Add another 1.8 in Northern Ireland and you are at my figure of 6.3 million.

There are two ethnicities in Ireland, British and Irish. The 'Irish-American' culture is derived only from one (Irish). It doesn't make sense to include the British in Ireland in a figure pertaining to the 'Irish-American' phenomenon. The fact that a large amount of the Irish ancestry of Americans is in fact British only makes it worse.

I am kind of in the same place with Conor I was with Cormier.. he has dominated all his opponents but has yet to face a top 5 fighter and now he is facing arguebly the P4P fighter on the planet.

If he dominated Edgar, Mendes or hell even Cub I would be fully on board...but there is a huge gap between Siver/Poirier-Aldo

There are two ethnicities in Ireland, British and Irish. The 'Irish-American' culture is derived only from one (Irish). It doesn't make sense to include the British in Ireland in a figure pertaining to the 'Irish-American' phenomenon. The fact that a large amount of the Irish ancestry of Americans is in fact British only makes it worse.

Not everybody in Northern Ireland considers themselves to be British. Basic Irish mathematics in our household when I was growing up was 26 + 6 = 1, and we're 1st/2nd generation living outside of there.

Given the passion and suffering which some true Northern Irish patriots and heroes went through, and some still go through, for their country it is sickeningly insulting to write off the six counties as being "British".

Am I the only person of Irish decent not drinking the Mcgregor Koolaid? I'm about as Irish as it get, clover leaf tattoo that says Irish Pride on it ect.. But Aldo is gonna rape this guy and I just can't find a way to look past that.

Your post has absolutely NO Irish accent what-so-ever. GTFO you dirty liar ---->

Well that's a unique mix.

yup, i get that alot. was raised with my mom so i can't understand half of what the hell my jamaican side of the family is saying when they speak their broken english with those heavy accents.

No, but you have to admit having an entire country on your nut sack is pretty awesome. I don't think he can possibly live up to the hype. They probably should have held off on announcing his future as a 3 division champ. That I guarantee won't happen.

Im of irish decent and I think McGregor acts like a complete prick. This makes ot impossible to root for him in any way shape or form

those are nationalities, not ethnicities.

even though you are white belt, but you are not pale enough to be Irish

Also is much better on both his feet and the ground and McGregor is untested against elite competition. Should need to beat a top 5 guy at least to get a title shot.

That's one of the most ridiculous things I keep hearing on Sherdog. McGregor is 5-0 in the UFC and has demolished every single opponent he has faced. How is he not proven or untested??? Sounds dumb to me.

He's been with the UFC for a year or a little more... I mean what do you expect? He can't face 20 guys in such short time span. He has never turned down a fight or something. But the most stupid argument is that he ducked Nick Lentz and picked Siver instead. I mean who the hell cared about Lentz before this fight? He's a no-name and I fail to see how Siver is a worse matchup than that guy. But to each his own I guess.

That's one of the most ridiculous things I keep hearing on Sherdog. McGregor is 5-0 in the UFC and has demolished every single opponent he has faced. How is he not proven or untested??? Sounds dumb to me.

He's been with the UFC for a year or a little more... I mean what do you expect? He can't face 20 guys in such short time span. He has never turned down a fight or something. But the most stupid argument is that he ducked Nick Lentz and picked Siver instead. I mean who the hell cared about Lentz before this fight? He's a no-name and I fail to see how Siver is a worse matchup than that guy. But to each his own I guess.

Yep in my opinion all Plausibility to Mcgregor not being tested went out the window when he mauled siver like he did. no more saying Pourier was a fluke, Kid's the real deal But i Still dont think he takes aldo.

Back