Am I the only one who was extremely worried that if Conor...

I'm a Conor fan but you gota face facts, Conor lost the plot ages ago and Khabib fought masterfully he deserves the belt and celebration the rest is not my concern.....just facts!

Conor needs to have a long break say 12 months first decide if this is for him, if he chooses yes then he needs to improve on everything and actually learn the various fighting arts and just be himself as usual but a little more respectful not so personal in the press conference stick to the opponents fighting weakness thats all.

He needs pro coaches to assist SBG GYM offering better training and skills development.

If none of this happens ................we all know it will continue as a circus mac tap-out show with rematches.

CHOICES:
  1. Become Pro E.g - Boxing, BJJ, other martial arts proficiency
  2. Retire happily
Nothing more on the subject until further change!

Last edited:
The thought has given me sleepless nites

giphy.gif

Somehow KO’d Khabib, then all the Conor fans would turn into a cult that would change the world as we know it and Sherdog would turn into a worshipper zone of Conor and we would be the resistance?

No Conor fans are not what I would call people of action. That’s why they live their lives appropriating the accomplishments of someone else.

You actually have it completely wrong. Why do "Fans" care about PPV buys? I am all for the fighters making some money but I want to see the best fight the best. As a "Sport" MMA and the UFC was at its best during the Era of champs defending their title. That led to contenders working thru the ranks to get their shot. GSP, Anderson, the LHW hot potato after Chuck. Hell I even enjoyed watching a brash young man climb the FW rankings to take the title but then it wasn't defended. The LW belt was also messed up. Every other champion saw what Conor gets away with so they follow suit. Win a belt and go on a tour of everywhere but the Octagon as a UFC Champion. avoid defending as long as possible. Make more money as a UFC champ outside the Octagon then as a former champion in it. It is actually killing the sport since no one is buying/watching unless its Conor, a WWE wrestler or some YouTube freakshow fight.
I agree with everything you wrote. The nuthuggers/casualls will never understand it. They are not watching for the fights and skills. They like the WWE side of it - insults, money, fame, drama.

Somehow KO’d Khabib, then all the Conor fans would turn into a cult that would change the world as we know it and Sherdog would turn into a worshipper zone of Conor and we would be the resistance?
Not all Conor fans are like that. Just the nerd ones who live vicariously through them

No

However, looking back...if Conor had won would that have been his last fight?? Riding off into the sunset on a high?
Him losing guarantees another fight or two. Love him or hate him, theres nothing like a Mcgregor fight. The haters vs nuthuggers battle for months on end until the fight...and then months after. It wouldn't be the same without him here in this sherdog piranha pool.

No

However, looking back...if Conor had won would that have been his last fight?? Riding off into the sunset on a high?
Him losing guarantees another fight or two. Love him or hate him, theres nothing like a Mcgregor fight. The haters vs nuthuggers battle for months on end until the fight...and then months after. It wouldn't be the same without him here in this sherdog piranha pool.

I forgive you. Its confusing sometimes with all the deliberately oppositional trolls scurrying about. But dont let it happen again
<[analyzed}>
<PandaHi75>

Seriously? It's been nonstop Khabib time for two weeks now and Conor's been shit on about every little fucking detail in his life. The anti movement is getting more annoying than te Conor adoration by the day.. it's pathetic
<{hughesimpress}>

I agree with everything you wrote. The nuthuggers/casualls will never understand it. They are not watching for the fights and skills. They like the WWE side of it - insults, money, fame, drama.
Church's are over capacity on Christmas and Easter but that doesn't mean the pastor/priest on those days is the best in the world.

In B4 Connor is the Church/God comments by more Shertards.

Seriously? It's been nonstop Khabib time for two weeks now and Conor's been shit on about every little fucking detail in his life. The anti movement is getting more annoying than te Conor adoration by the day.. it's pathetic
<{hughesimpress}>
What do you expect? Aldo vs McGregor was almost 3 full years ago and the Hyperbolic FanBoys have been non stop with "Who da Fook is dat Guy?" and "You'll do Nuttin'" etc etc. You think that the vitriol that comes in response to that is going to be done in less than 3 weeks? 3 years of build up will take more than 3 weeks to dissipate.

I want to see the UFC get back to being more of a sport that creates "Stars" then "Stars" doing entertainment shows that are sport based. The divisions need to get back to MMA and not forced Superfights and champs avoiding the most deserving contenders.

FW has Cejudo barely taking a dubious SD and he is calling for a Superfight with the BW champ.
BW has TJ wanting to put his belt on a shelf and drop to 125 for a 2nd title. He is on a 1 defense streak and has a que of contenders. Assuncao has a win over him, Cruz as well, Moraes is a killer but he wants them all to wait while he goes after a belt he won't defend.
FW is working fine with Max defending against the deserving #1 contender
LW has been a shit show since Conor took the belt after holding up FW for a year and he held up LW for a year after that. Khabib should be booked against Tony ASAP. If they want Conor to get another shot he needs to fight the next contender down which would be Porier.
WW Despite hating Colby and finding his Interim title shot undeserved he did win it only to be stripped 6 weeks later. Woodley needs to fight him to let the division move on. The other Option I have heard and really liked is the idea of Retiring the 170 lb WW division. GSP vs Woodley for the GOAT WW title and then retiring it forever, replacing it with a 165 lb and 175 lb division. Give Woodley the 175 lb title shot with a win or give GSP the 165 lb with a win.
MW is back on course with Whittaker as champion after GSP vacated. Weidman vs Jacare for the next contender.
LHW is a shit show with DC holding things up. He wants to defend LHW if he loses to Lewis but not if he wins. But Gus vs Jones 2 is booked for the Real Title as he will be stripped as soon as the first punch is thrown. Is it a vacant title or isn't it?
HW has DC giving a Freakshow fight and title shot to a guy with ZERO wins in 8 years? Makes sense right.

Sure the UFC is a shitshow these days. That's got nothing to do with the waterfall of verbal diarrhea that has ben flooding sherdog the last couple of weeks tho..

No Conor fans are not what I would call people of action. That’s why they live their lives appropriating the accomplishments of someone else.
i don't really see many on that level. Most appear to be trolls and memers. I'd say the true ones were and still are outnumbered by the full in haters. Not that i'm necessarily putting you into that realm of course

That said, caring about the views of others to the point where It dictates your own Is sheep behavior. You decide. Nobody else

Nobody influences me my friend and that Is but one of many crucial ways we differ. You are a smart guy but Intelligence isn't enough. Particularly If you're a victim of such things as I've stated, amongst many other personal delusions and biases.

i don't really see many on that level. Most appear to be trolls and memers. I'd say the true ones were and still are outnumbered by the full in haters. Not that i'm necessarily putting you into that realm of course

That said, caring about the views of others to the point where It dictates your own Is sheep behavior. You decide. Nobody else

Nobody influences me my friend and that Is but one of many crucial ways we differ. You are a smart guy but Intelligence isn't enough. Particularly If you're a victim of such things as I've stated, amongst many other personal delusions and biases.

There is a difference between reasonable Conor fans and the delusion dick riders. Sometimes the lines blur together.

Back