Am I the only one who was extremely worried that if Conor...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Somehow KO’d Khabib, then all the Conor fans would turn into a cult that would change the world as we know it and Sherdog would turn into a worshipper zone of Conor and we would be the resistance?

I was worried about the exact same thing bro.

Yes. You're the only one.

Just as the back-lash with Conor losing has been, we would never hear the end of the opposite result.

Almost same thing happened in Khabib case. Place is full of Khabib's nuthuggers that normal members are resisting.

Just as the back-lash with Conor losing has been, we would never hear the end of the opposite result.
It wasn't just here it was in public, at bars. Everyone (Conor casuals) were all of a sudden MMA experts, draining out the local bars being shitcunts booing when it hits the floor, yelling Conors one liners, starting fights, etc. This loss is more than just a shitty drugged up chicken loud mouth losing. It has literally taken a lot of douchebags down a notch and just for a few months silenced the people we do not need in the sport. The local bar is chilled again, hardcores can enjoy MMA once again in public.
Khabib bless.

I was hoping for it to happen. You can hate Conor all you want but he's good for the sport/business. Isn't it now that the top 5 best selling pay-per-views were all headlined by Conor?

Sad to say, but if the UFC starts promoting fights based solely on statistics and rankings, they're going to go downhill very fast. I wish things were different but they aren't. I'd rather see guys like Conor draw eyes to the sport than see it fail due to lack of sales and mainstream interest.

Somehow KO’d Khabib, then all the Conor fans would turn into a cult that would change the world as we know it and Sherdog would turn into a worshipper zone of Conor and we would be the resistance?
How is that different then now? Or any time before the Khabib fight since the Aldo fight?

Things would have remained the same.

Khabib changed the world for the better though fortunately.

WJZqYqL.gif

I was hoping for it to happen. You can hate Conor all you want but he's good for the sport/business. Isn't it now that the top 5 best selling pay-per-views were all headlined by Conor?

Sad to say, but if the UFC starts promoting fights based solely on statistics and rankings, they're going to go downhill very fast. I wish things were different but they aren't. I'd rather see guys like Conor draw eyes to the sport than see it fail due to lack of sales and mainstream interest.
261430.JPG

The irony is the Conor fanboys have never been the most dominant cult, not that i fall within either but the level of hypocrisy is amusing to watch.

I mean, I don't think it'd be more of a cult than it already has been. We've basically watched him go from being a certain jerker with a cult following predicting his greatness to becoming a two weight World Champ.

I guess the only thing you should be worried about is more casuals. But they come and go with the wind, so...

You actually have it completely wrong. Why do "Fans" care about PPV buys? I am all for the fighters making some money but I want to see the best fight the best. As a "Sport" MMA and the UFC was at its best during the Era of champs defending their title. That led to contenders working thru the ranks to get their shot. GSP, Anderson, the LHW hot potato after Chuck. Hell I even enjoyed watching a brash young man climb the FW rankings to take the title but then it wasn't defended. The LW belt was also messed up. Every other champion saw what Conor gets away with so they follow suit. Win a belt and go on a tour of everywhere but the Octagon as a UFC Champion. avoid defending as long as possible. Make more money as a UFC champ outside the Octagon then as a former champion in it. It is actually killing the sport since no one is buying/watching unless its Conor, a WWE wrestler or some YouTube freakshow fight.

Back