Am I the only one who wants Jones vs Glover?

Nope, I do too. Let Gus have a no. 1 contender match and let Glover fight Jones. I hate it when the UFC blatantly lies to fighters.

Id rather see glover jones, but think gus jones is more competitive

Jones - Rampage redux, count me out. I would be interested more if I thought Glover would be willing to go all-out aggressive, but his fight against Rampage where he played it safe makes me think he'll do the same thing against Jones.

I want to see it, I'm not much a fan of immediate rematch's except Weidman/Silva being a exception. I think Jon Jones takes it via TKO tho.

Hold off on the rematch. Let Jon fight Glover and let Gusto fight... I dunno... Rashad, I guess.

I'd like to see Gus v Machida, actually, but Machida is leaving so I don't suppose that will happen.

Would love to see this fight.Not a fan of Instant rematches

I had Gus beating Jones 48-47, and I still think Glover should be next.

Jones - Rampage redux, count me out. I would be interested more if I thought Glover would be willing to go all-out aggressive, but his fight against Rampage where he played it safe makes me think he'll do the same thing against Jones.

Man you are wrong on so many levels lol

I would prefer to see glover fight jones aswell, then have gus fight the winner after a fight with someone like machida if gergard - I know both are moving to mw but a big name challenge could change all that .

After seeing Glover getting caught a couple of times by less than stellar strikers, I think he will really struggle trying to get close to Jones.

No, because you are all not thinking of what happens in the small chance that Glover DOES win- Jones, being the golden boy, gets an immediate rematch putting a rematch with Gus on the back burner. Then, god forbid Jones wins a close decision against Glover in their rematch, people would be crying for the rubber match.

Glover is clearly the next in line. However, I have no desire to see him fight Jones. I think a guy like Glover is tailor made for Jones. Although instant rematches have become irritatingly, Jones vs Gus is one of the few rematches that is warranted and greatly desired by fans.

An overlooked part of Jones' game is his reliance on high amplitude throws to bring guys down. That's much much easier on a shorter man. Then, with Texeira's short stocky frame coupled with Jones' long frame, he can elbow freely from the guard. No part of this fight is pretty for Glover, as much as I'd like it to be.

An overlooked part of Jones' game is his reliance on high amplitude throws to bring guys down. That's much much easier on a shorter man. Then, with Texeira's short stocky frame coupled with Jones' long frame, he can elbow freely from the guard. No part of this fight is pretty for Glover, as much as I'd like it to be.

Teixeira is 6'2 (as in not short) and fairly stocky--he's very hard to take down. I don't see Jones controlling him.

Glad I am not alone!. Would like to see Gus take out Jones, but I want Glover as the champ. Props to Gus for jacking up Jones face.

Glover vs Jones will not be like Glover vs Rampage. Rampage and Bader both have 1 hit KO power. Jones not so much. That is not saying Jones doesn't hit hard, the fact that he had Shogun tapping to strikes and hurts people with short elbows shows that, it is just more of a volume/attrition thing. That being said Glover is very durable.

I think Glover would give Jones a great fight, much better than Rampage - who lets face it was at the point where he wanted out. Glover however still seems hungry and hasn't lost in 8 years. The main issue I think will be does he have the cardio to go 5 rounds with Jones.

I think Glover might ko Jones in round 1. Jones usually looks human in the first and Glover is powerful and tough as nails.

Yes you are.....the rest of us want to watch Gus whip Jon Jones ass again!

Back