Am I the only one who wants Jones vs Glover?

BigCheese

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Seems every man and his dog is wanting a Jones/Gus rematch. I agree it was a great fight and a close decision. Gus was amazing in that fight and gave him the fight of his life.

That being said I want to see Glover vs Jones. The dude is a badass who was ducked by many of the elite LHW with excuses like he is not a big name etc etc.....

After seeing him destroy 5 opponents in a row, I want to see him test Jones. Not only is he a humble fighter who is articulate and a class act in interviews, he is a guy that will really test Jones' chin and ground game. While not as technical, rangy or fast as Gus, he has power and is not afraid to eat a shot to deliver one. Let Glover and Jones fight and if Glover loses then have Jones vs Gus rematch.

I'm fine with either. It's just annoying how people think because Bader dropped Glover, that Jones could knock him out. That's primarily what they use against him and his claim at a title shot.

He has pretty damn good grappling, huge power, and good striking. He could give Jones some problems.

I want it too.

LHW is shallow right now, but at least we got a worthy contender now who has YET to fight Jones.

As I said, the div being shallow, Im pretty sure Gus will earn a rematch soon, after a couple of convincing wins.

They should try to schedule again this fight vs Lil Nog.

I want this matchup as much as anyone. It's an interesting stylistic matchup--Jones' ranginess vs Glover's IDGAF approach.

IMO, Glover has the heaviest hands (dropped every UFC opponent except Te Huna in the first round) and the best pure BJJ (2 first round subs, and an ADCC win over Dean Lister) in the division.

ib0wOzzcnDbIWI.gif

He dropped Bader with his back/feet against the wall.

ibqoklikByIi50.gif

774717874.gif

He's an accurate, powerful puncher with great wrestling and BJJ--this really is the fight people should be clamoring for.

People are going to say "It'll just look like Jones vs Rampage"

Then I'll say, "I bet Jones doesn't try a flying triangle against Glover"

If Glover can get avoid getting knee kicked and eye poked and get Jones to the ground, it could be interesting.

I want this & have Gus - Chael. If Gus wins he gets title shot, if Chael wins he goes fuck himself.

I don't like the immediate rematch idea. It was one of the greatest fights of all time and both guys are under 27 years old. They have plenty of time to meet in a rematch. Let them improve their games. Jones can fight Glover and Gus can take on whichever top 10 guy is available when he is ready. The build up and the fight will be so much better if they wait.

nah, not that i would really mind a rematch either though

Jones cant let himself get sloppy and get taken down by GLover, i dont think he would let him up. If that toe is truly slowing him down i can see it being very competitive.

I think Jones won and Gus should go win a fight or 2 before a rematch personally. Would be fine if they ended up doing the rematch though.

AM+I+THE+ONLY+ONE+AROUND+HERE+WHO+LOVES+OATMEAL+_268383e1ff96cd735b1644d9e5343c77.jpg

If Gus is put in an eliminator match with Mr Wonderful, I will not be ordering any more UFC ppv

na i really wanna see jones glover as well.
i believe gus beat jones. just. he gave him the fight of his life. i think the ufc should build up the rematch... have jones face glover and a number one contender fight between gustaffson and machida or rashad and pray like fuck gus wins (which he should going by his last performance). Build the rematch up. And hey who knows texeira may knock jones block off.
Dont know about Phil Davis in all this, poor bloke is in limbo i think

Also if Jones fought Gus in a rematch soon and won, well yeah that would suck, and LHW would again look stale.

Jones vs Glover before Gus/Jones II is much more marketable than Jones vs Glover after Jones beats Gus in a rematch.

I think the move is Jones v Glover and have Gus co-main the card. Then do the rematch assuming they both handle their business.

Seems every man and his dog is wanting a Jones/Gus rematch. I agree it was a great fight and a close decision. Gus was amazing in that fight and gave him the fight of his life.

That being said I want to see Glover vs Jones. The dude is a badass who was ducked by many of the elite LHW with excuses like he is not a big name etc etc.....

After seeing him destroy 5 opponents in a row, I want to see him test Jones. Not only is he a humble fighter who is articulate and a class act in interviews, he is a guy that will really test Jones' chin and ground game. While not as technical, rangy or fast as Gus, he has power and is not afraid to eat a shot to deliver one. Let Glover and Jones fight and if Glover loses then have Jones vs Gus rematch.

That'll be his downfall, his chin so far doesn't look so good to me.

i'd love to see this fight. glover was such a class act when they had him on after the ppv. i think it'd be a great fight.

nope i'm against instant rematches for 95% of all fights. as great as that fight was and it was close not a robbery Goose has to earn his 2nd shot with at least 2 wins over top 10s

That'll be his downfall, his chin so far doesn't look so good to me.

Unless he runs into something spinny from Jones, I don't think he needs to be all that concerned.

Straight up standing power (or lack of) is the main reason I can't see Jones wanting much to do with HW. It'd take him too long to get anyone into trouble without running into a KO shot himself. It's not like he's super evasive, dude gets hit.

Back