Am I The Only One Who Wants DONALD CERRONE VS MATT BROWN?!?!

From a fan's perspective, I'd love to see it, but from Donald's perspective its the equivalent of suicide. The weight jump is just way too much to over come, and why ruin Donald's momentum right now? A loss, particularly a bad one could be devastating to Donald psychologically, not to mention how badly hurt he could get.

Just to put the weight disadvantage alone into perspective, take a look at boxing. In boxing a weight class jump is considered a very big deal, where both sides will argue tooth and nail over a pound or 2, and we're only talking about a 147er jumping up to fight a 154er.

Whereas with Donald and Matt its a 15 pound weight difference and will probably be even bigger than that come fight night.

I'd highly doubt the UFC brass is even thinking about this.
Boxing has set some pussy standards in many different ways. Sure on the night of the fight Brown will be 10-15 lbs heavier, but so will Anderson vs Nick. This isn't boxing, lets keep it that way, and lets book this godly fight

Terrible idea. Donald fighting at a 15lb+ weight disadvantage for no gain against a mid-level guy in a fight where the question is very likely not going to be whether or not he'd win, but if he'd get hurt/stopped. And if he does get hurt/stopped? Well then, he has a long layoff while his division moves on and he misses out on potentially greater accomplishments.

So, thankfully...

Not gonna happen, never gonna happen.

Moving on

From a fan's perspective, I'd love to see it, but from Donald's perspective its the equivalent of suicide.

Donalds perspective is "hell yeah i'd do it". No hesitation. Watch the post conference.

Would be a great fight but it's not the time in cowboys career to venture out. He's 1 win away from a title shot and needs to stay at 155.

they can't really give cowboy a shitle tot while pettis or bendo is champ.

he's a good fighter to watch but he's not getting the belt

I want it too, bro. The only thing is, if Cowboy beats Brown (which is very possible) it totally screws up UFC's whole business model with pushing certain fighters at certain weight classes. However, I think both fighters earned Franklin privileges and should be able to fight at any weight class they desire and also both fighters really don't have a chance of ever winning a title.

If UFC was more concerned with putting on awesome matches (and we know this fight would be AMAZING) vs drilling their goofy business model (like having Demetrius Johnson headline 178) they would be in a much better place. If Scott Coker was up in this bitch, I guarantee you Cerrone vs Brown would happen and it would be HOT FIRE. Instead, Brown will get an opponent like Neil Magny pulled from the under card and will promote him to the point where dumb fan boys will think he has a chance (i.e. like Myles 'The Run Away' Jury).

Back