Am I the only one who thinks Munoz will beat Mousasi

Anything can happen but i see Moose getting a w by tko.

No, Mousasi doesn't have the best TDD, and is comfortable working from guard, where even if he beats the everlasting shit out of someone from there, like he did Lawal, he loses the decision.

Munoz is gonna get reamed, such an overrated fighter.

King Mo is a far better MMA wrestler than Munoz. Say what you will about him overall as a fighter, but when he wants to put people on the mat he usually does.

Don't be surprised if Munoz himself gets taken down by Mousasi, Munoz has been taken down by far worse wrestlers

No he doesn't. King Mo has some of the most overrated TDs in MMA and Munoz has some of the most underrated wrestling.

i want to see munoz win because his ground and pound is pure animal. when hes at his max power no one else puts that specific kind of a beating on guys

but sadly i think mousasi will knock him out

Mous better look good because he had a terrible performance vs Machida.

IMO, this is a much more difficult fight to predict than people are acknowledging.

On one hand we have Mousasi, who is also coming off a lopsided decision to Machida and a long injury related layoff himself. Before that he won a very lackluster battle against....so guy who filled in for Gus.

Mousasi has very technical striking and an underrated ground game. But he appears to lack urgency in many of his fights. If he can't completely outclass Mark, can he outpoint him to a decision? Will the refs read it right.

On the other hand you have Munoz, who is 1-2 in his last three with 2 brutal KOs.
He looked great against Boetsch (meh), but that was a come back fight after Weidman knocked him into a full blown depression.

So we're down on Munoz right now, right?

Well, Mark has crazy power in his punches, if not great technique. And while his
5-star NCAA wrestling pedigree hasn't quite translated to MMA, its much better than Gegard's.

Wrestling and KO power can make for a very contentious fight, especially in a 5-rounder, and especially if it goes the distance.

I think picking Munoz @ +255 is a decent bet.

Munoz is chinny and I'm sure Mousasi knows this. I think it'll be over in 2 rounds or less.

I would never bet on a Mousasi fight. So yeah, I'm not counting Munoz out.

Yeah Mousasi is gonna put his lights out for sure just like chinny ol' Jardine

Munoz, as much as I like the guy, takes being chinny to a whole other level. Gegard may not KO him as he does occasionally coast to UDs, but I don't see any reason to put money on Munoz in this fight. His MMA wrestling isn't great, he's not a great striker, and he won't be submitting Mousasi. This is all compounded by the fact that he's shown a touchy chin and was wobbled standing by Maia of all people. Gegard is a safe bet imo.

I will put a few vbucks on Munoz for the upset.

I think Munoz has a slightly higher chance of winning the decision. Mousasi can also lose a point for an illegal upkick that he loves to throw.

No he doesn't. King Mo has some of the most overrated TDs in MMA and Munoz has some of the most underrated wrestling.
Well, after he fucked his knees up, yeah. He used to be dat beast though.

Munoz went down like he was shot against a light head kick by Machida and Mousasi ate everything Machida threw including some monster head kicks and he didn't even flinch so yea. Everything but wrestling favors Mousasi and you better bet that Munoz is bringing his leotard to this fight. Expect Mousasi to KO Munoz in the second rd.

Back