Am I the only one who thinks Munoz will beat Mousasi

Cigano Pwnz**

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Seriously. Munoz outwrestles him and takes UD win. Anyone else? Thoughts

I really like Munoz and he looked determined at weigh in so I hope he wins...not that I hate Moose or anything

You are not the only one. I'm sure Munoz probably thinks he will win.

I don't, but you never know.

This isn't a wrestling match. Mousasi is so many levels above Munoz as a fighter that the end result will be a finish by Mousasi even if Munoz gets some TDs.

Munoz has a clear path to victory. If he sticks with his wrestling and ground and pound he can win. I wouldn't put money on it, though. I'm not that confident that he'll win.

I think Munoz will win too. If King Mo can, so can Munoz.

Last edited:
I'm not as confident in Mousasi as some others either. The path to Victory for Munoz is very clear and Mousasi has obviously struggled with TDD before. And the knee injuries don't help

I think in terms of skill Gegard is vastly superior

wrestlers with poor stand up usually do not fare well against elite strikers over 5 rounds.

3 rounds, Munoz has a chance, 5 rounds, I don't see it. Munoz can only shoot for takedowns for so long before he gases, and he'll gas or slow down in the 3rd or 4th, if he makes it that far. Then mousasi will do his thang.

Munoz hasn't been very impressive as of late, but I'm not completely sold on Mousasi either. I know many people are, but I just haven't been wowed by him yet. I kind of hope that Mousasi will get a big win, and we'll get another striking based contender at MW.

i never thought much of munoz's mma wrestling. and he's pretty one-dimensional and has poor striking defense.

5 rounds is a lot of time for munoz to get caught. and he seems to go lights out pretty easily.

very possible

munoz is like tito. has an amazing top game, meh takedowns and bad striking

mousasi has amazing striking, meh tdd and a great ground game

there is a very real chance that munoz can consistently take him down, and hold him there. landing enough gnp to win the fight

this is like tito vs shlemenko, where mousasi is a much better fighter, but he is also one of the few potential opponents for munoz that he can possibly take down

Probably, but expect everyone to claim they thought this if Munoz actually wins.

i never thought much of munoz's mma wrestling. and he's pretty one-dimensional and has poor striking defense.

This is all true but still, it's hard for me to be completely confident.

In terms of skill Gegard is vastly superior but Munoz might be able to just score with TD's and hold, etc

It's going to look very much like the king mo vs moose fight. Takedown, chill there. Takedown, chill there.

I just don't see how he can survive being caught by Mousasi over 5 rounds

Back