am I the only one who thinks Khabib/Conor won't happen?

As long as Khabib doesn't eat that Tiramisu again he will be fine. Or decide at last minute to sue Conor with Rose "FakeThug" Namajunas in a class action lawsuit and gets a restraining order on Conor so they can't fight.

L.jpg

So again you deflect instead of admitting the fact that khabib can possibly miss the fight.
These seething rage against a famous and young millionaire must be killing you inside, since he also happens to be your sport's only superstar.
{<hhh]
Spoken like someone with the exact mentality that would justify killing a big card to protect the "only superstar." Someone who is a fan of bullshit marketing more than the sport (just like the top rung at WME). Someone who incidentally has nearly 2k posts in 3 months and is exceptionally consistent in terms of Conor-only posting...
No one who takes the sport seriously thinks Conor is a duck. Anyone with a brain saw he got rich as fuck, enjoyed his money and newborn son, fought in boxing, and is now coming back to MMA. Only his delusional, beta male haters say stuff like that. If the fight doesnt happen it will be because of Khabib, not Conor.
Random name calling, zero facts.

Please explain what happened between the Mayweather fight up until UFC 223. You know, that long stretch of period where you have no maternity leave excuse, no injury excuse, no money-making excuse, no boxing excuse, no excuse whatsoever for why he lost his primary form of marketing (the belt) rather than take a fight.

I'm eager to hear you try to spin this...

If I were a guy like Conor and wanted out of a fight while still saving face...I'd piss hot for recreational drugs.

That's what is going to happen.

Mark my words ;)

If Conor pulls out for any reason at all he'll be tarred and feathered.

When was Conor offered the Khabib fight as champ? Give me a date.
Are you being serious? Ok I guess, I'll play dumb and answer.

April 7 2018. The day it was handed to Khabib instead of defending his title.

Spoken like someone with the exact mentality that would justify killing a big card to protect the "only superstar." Someone who is a fan of bullshit marketing more than the sport (just like the top rung at WME). Someone who incidentally has nearly 2k posts in 3 months and is exceptionally consistent in terms of Conor-only posting...

Random name calling, zero facts.

Please explain what happened between the Mayweather fight up until UFC 223. You know, that long stretch of period where you have no maternity leave excuse, no injury excuse, no money-making excuse, no boxing excuse, no excuse whatsoever for why he lost his primary form of marketing (the belt) rather than take a fight.

I'm eager to hear you try to spin this...

The onus is on the one making the claim. You said he was ducking but have zero evidence to back it up. Him not fighting ANYONE AT ALL isnt proof he was ducking Khabib. He wasnt fighting, simple as that. Very likely contract negotiations. You dont make 100 million and then come back and fight for 7 million.

Regardless, none of this matters because Conor IS fighting Khabib in less than a month and I'll make sure to bump this stupid thread and throw an egg at your face afterward.

Spoken like someone with the exact mentality that would justify killing a big card to protect the "only superstar." Someone who is a fan of bullshit marketing more than the sport (just like the top rung at WME). Someone who incidentally has nearly 2k posts in 3 months and is exceptionally consistent in terms of Conor-only posting…
2k posts? Conor-only posting? Justify killing a big card?
God i knew you weren't terribly good with you know.. reality, but you're kinda making me worried.
Literally none of what you said applies to me
You ok little dude?

The onus is on the one making the claim. You said he was ducking but have zero evidence to back it up. Him not fighting ANYONE AT ALL isnt proof he was ducking Khabib. He wasnt fighting, simple as that. Very likely contract negotiations. You dont make 100 million and then come back and fight for 7 million.

Regardless, none of this matters because Conor IS fighting Khabib in less than a month and I'll make sure to bump this stupid thread and throw an egg at your face afterward.
Go ahead, I don't care. Like I said I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Your spin on Conor is weird. Clearly you can't excuse a perfectly healthy fighter literally sacrificing his most prized possessions with any logic whatsoever, so you just chalked it up to him being super rich. Weird but I'm used to this weird form of distraction by Conor fans stating how "he has money therefore you should ignore everything else."

2k posts? Conor-only posting? Justify killing a big card?
God i knew you weren't terribly good with you know.. reality, but you're kinda making me worried.
Literally none of what you said applies to me
You ok little dude?
lol I mixed up likes and posts, my bad

I don’t believe any fight is going to happen until the cage gets closed with both fighters inside. There are way too many variables leading up to a fight.

1. Most obvious ducking alongside GDR/the longest in the history of the sport up to and including sacrificing his last title while inactive/healthy rather than fighting Khabib.

"
Huh? Can you explain this part a little better because it's not very well written.

You're not saying conor ducked Khabib before, are you?!

The backlash from one of these guys pulling out would be greater then actually getting in there and losing.

Every fight people say Conor is scared and every fight he shows up. Please stop making these threads. He's the least scared fighter we've ever seen.

Huh? Can you explain this part a little better because it's not very well written.

You're not saying conor ducked Khabib before, are you?!
He gave up his belt rather than defend. He literally sacrificed his most valuable marketing asset (meaning the belt), while being the most marketing-centered fighter in the sport's history.

I literally can't think of a more clear example, I don't know what to tell you. I guess I'll just ask you to explain why you think he gave up his belt at 223. It wasn't maternity leave, wasn't health issues, wasn't boxing, and wasn't making money since none of those things were happening.

Every fight people say Conor is scared and every fight he shows up. Please stop making these threads. He's the least scared fighter we've ever seen.
I never said that, and quite honestly, I can't remember any fight that any significant portion of fans said that. What fight are you thinking of? Diaz 2???

I'm not saying he is scared. I'm saying WME has a shitty track record, I wouldn't put it past them, and that they are non-MMA fans focused on marketing, which has been shown repeatedly.

Conor is behaving like he doesn't want anything to do with this fight.

I am leaning towards it not happening.
yes, he only signed the contract and has been training for the past year

Conor isn't the one to worry about here, Khabib is

I doubt either one pulls out at this point though

far too much at stake

He gave up his belt rather than defend. He literally sacrificed his most valuable marketing asset (meaning the belt), while being the most marketing-centered fighter in sport's history.

I literally can't think of a more clear example, I don't know what to tell you, other than to ask you to explain why you think he gave up his belt at 223. It wasn't maternity leave, wasn't health issues, wasn't boxing, and wasn't making money since none of those things were happening.
Not only is the belt not his most powerful marketing asset, its quite literally meaningless to his market value. I actually have to laugh at the idea that the belt has any meaning whatsoever relative to Conor's selling power. It's truly 100% inconsequential.

I also have to laugh at the idea that he has ever ducked Khabib when beat Alvarez for the title, fought Floyd Mayweather and has now signed to fight Khabib. Where's the duck??

I'm genuinely confused by your logic. His first fight signed after Mayweather is Khabib and you say he's ducked Khabib?

{<huh}

Idk. It’s weird. No promotion. Dana ditched the presser last night. I think it had more to do with questions about 229 than woodley

Do people forget that Khabib was coming off a two year long layoff in late 2016 and had almost no momentum? Or that he pulled out of 209 (against Ferguson) and was out again until the very end of the year (which was just nine months ago)? Even if Conor had never fought Mayweather or taken any kind of hiatus, the Khabib fight still wouldn't be happening until now.

Not only is the belt not his most powerful marketing asset, its quite literally meaningless to his market value. I actually have to laugh at the idea that the belt has any meaning whatsoever relative to Conor's selling power. It's truly 100% inconsequential.

I also have to laugh at the idea that he has ever ducked Khabib when beat Alvarez for the title, fought Floyd Mayweather and has now signed to fight Khabib. Where's the duck??

I'm genuinely confused by your logic. His first fight signed after Mayweather is Khabib and you say he's ducked Khabib?

{<huh}
His entire rise was based on belts. If it wasn't for them he'd be a hardcore favorite only. There's a reason casuals made him a superstar, and a reason it didn't happen until belts were involved.

Q: When did Conor hit it big?
A: Either winning interim BELT or FW BELT

Q: When did Conor become a superstar?
A: Becoming the owner of TWO BELTS

Q: Why did Mayweather fight him?
A: Once he was the owner of two BELTS/not the "random Irish guy from the UFC."

Q: What is the most common promo image of him in UFC history?
A: Holding two BELTS

Q: Why did WME allow him to set the record the longest non-defense in the history of MMA?
A: Because they wanted him to maintain his BELT (aka marketability)

Q: How is this fight being marketed?
A: Conor coming back to get a BELT

Again... the duck was 223. And 222. And 221. And 220. And every card that WME would have LOVED to book him and he didn't. They pushed Khabib (and Tony) vs Conor over and over and he refused over and over, up to and including the night he lost his belt due to refusing to fight Khabib. And the best part is no one has a single excuse why he set that record for non-defense. Other than "he is rich" apparently ha.

Do people forget that Khabib was coming off a two year long layoff in late 2016 and had almost no momentum? Or that he pulled out of 209 (against Ferguson) and was out again until the very end of the year (which was just nine months ago)? Even if Conor had never fought Mayweather or taken any kind of hiatus, the Khabib fight still wouldn't be happening until now.
A bit of revisionist history.

Khabib was booked to fight Eddie 205 and 206. Before his major injuries he was going to fight for/take the title from Pettis. UFC scrapped their 205/206 contracts to give Conor a "0-0 at LW" title shot against Eddie. 1-0 at LW Conor then let more than two years pass and got rich fighting Mayweather. Then a year passed and every Conor fan stopped processing the passage of time.

They still quote August 2017 as if it is yesterday. Not giving any rationale for why he didn't fight, why he allowed himself to forfeit his belt, etc. They can't talk about the last year but they sure as hell can talk about tiramisu from back at UFC 209 lol.

Back