1. Guest, The MS Paint Shoop Thread v5 is up! Red Block» | Blue Block»

am I the only one who thinks Khabib/Conor won't happen?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Dionysian, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Dionysian Silver Belt

I'd love to be wrong/this thread to be bumped making fun of me once the fight happens, because there's nothing I want to see more (Khabib vs Tony close #2).

But I'm having a hard time ignoring the jumbo-sized writing on the wall.

1. Most obvious ducking alongside GDR/the longest in the history of the sport up to and including sacrificing his last title while inactive/healthy rather than fighting Khabib.
    2. Tony is booked on the same card, for a fight that makes no sense if it actually were to happen.
    3. Conor doesn't promote his biggest UFC fight ever. UFC doesn't promote the biggest UFC fight ever.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to have some concern here. "The fight was booked" notion is to save Conor the duck criticism, Conor exits stage left, UFC gambles hoping the most dangerous contender in the division (Tony) defeats Khabib on short notice when Khabib trains for Conor, Sherdog idiots rationalize tossing the fight that intentionally wasn't promoted because it "wasn't going to do well anyway" along with "Conor vs anyone sells" along with other methods to excuse it all, etc.

Before you say UFC wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot by killing a big fight like this... this is the same org that has refs openly doctor fights (see Mirg the other night, and just wait for when company men like Dean or Mirg ref this fight if it actually happens). The same org that froze the primes and careers of Whittaker/Rockhold/Weidman/Jacare/Romero in order to have "Bisping superfights." This is an org run by non-MMA fans who specialize in marketing... you don't think they'd sacrifice a big card to preserve their "last star?"

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  2. Theproof Brown Belt

Already called it

3. joeyjoejoe Silver Belt

I won’t believe it’s happening until they’re both in the cage.

4. Zebra Cheeks 2Cheeks Staff Member Senior Moderator

No you aren't people have been talking about it a lot but idk why

5. Mixedfights Silver Belt

The only way it doesnt happen is if Khapullout does another Khapullout.

Then Conor fights yet another late replacement.

6. ryan1916 Orange Belt

BS conspiracy theory. The only way this fight doesn’t happen is if khabib’s liver gives out during his weight cut again and he can’t fight. Because neither of these men are backing out otherwise. Even if they have to come in limping, neither man want to be the one who backs out of this fight. It’s way too personal. I promise you conor is showing up. Just worry about khabib.

7. Clocop Blue Belt

I find it interesting that you question McGregor and not khabib, as if the only variable was the irishman.
    Who has a history of pulling out i wonder…

8. GOAT Black Belt

No reason to think Conor won't be ready. It's Khabib everyone should be worried about.

9. mb23100 Gold Belt

I won't believe it until the cage doors are closed. Same as any other Khabib fight

10. KevinThaKilla Banned Banned

Conor is behaving like he doesn't want anything to do with this fight.

I am leaning towards it not happening.

11. randomalias Brown Belt

1. Conor has never pulled out of a fight
    2. He tried not to do media for Diaz 2, so him not doing media now is not surprising.
    3. Ferguson is far more likely to be booked on the card to cover a potential Khabib Tiramisu withdrawal, not Conor.

12. LockardTheGOAT Banned Banned

If it doesn't happen at 229, it'll be because one of them (Khabib) pulls out with an injury and gets replaced by Tony. Conor isn't scared of Khabib, you cucks. Khabib might be afraid of him, though...

13. John 8 44 -8 47 Orange Belt

14. Dionysian Silver Belt

I'm questioning the UFC more than McGregor honestly. They've got a pretty shitty track record recently, so kind of hard to ignore.

Don't think it fits your trash Khabib/push up Conor agenda to talk about history... at all. Conor literally gave up his belt while perfectly healthy to not do it, after literally setting the longest consecutive period in MMA history not-defending. But um sure, Khabib missed weight vs another guy three fights ago. I guess repeating that obscures the painfully obvious truth.

15. IVovchanchyn Banned Banned

ive been thinking the whole time this was a wolf ticket show. Announce the fight, don't promote it, see how much hype it generates. Cancel it, then run it again and market it properly

16. wisdom blows Gold Belt

No one who takes the sport seriously thinks Conor is a duck. Anyone with a brain saw he got rich as fuck, enjoyed his money and newborn son, fought in boxing, and is now coming back to MMA. Only his delusional, beta male haters say stuff like that. If the fight doesnt happen it will be because of Khabib, not Conor.

17. Clocop Blue Belt

So again you deflect instead of admitting the fact that khabib can possibly miss the fight.
    These seething rage against a famous and young millionaire must be killing you inside, since he also happens to be your sport's only superstar.
    {<hhh]

18. DLX thpinal

Shut the fuck up, TS.

19. wisdom blows Gold Belt

Except being in sick shape and training his ass off, yeah, I agree.

20. wisdom blows Gold Belt

When was Conor offered the Khabib fight as champ? Give me a date.