Am I the only one who thinks Diaz can win?

I say Diaz gets beaten by Marquez in this. Marquez is fighting at his normal weight so I believe he'll be back in form.

I'm not half as big a boxing fan as I am a MMA fan, but I do pay attention to the bigger boxing bouts, and I remember the first bout between these 2 was friggin' awesome.

So basically, I'm looking for some analysis of this bout from someone who knows their shit. Can Diaz do better this time around if he doesn't come out as hard as he did last time? Or will Marquez counter punch his way to another victory?

I'm with you... great fight, Marquez is the numero uno punishment soaker in the game. Diaz must have wondered what the fuck he had to do to finish this guy. Personally I'm hoping for the same again. Marquez must get old at some point but really I'm impartial to the result, may the best man win!

I'm with you... great fight, Marquez is the numero uno punishment soaker in the game. Diaz must have wondered what the fuck he had to do to finish this guy. Personally I'm hoping for the same again. Marquez must get old at some point but really I'm impartial to the result, may the best man win!

Marquez doesn't break, period, which kills Diaz' gameplan of trying to pound you into submission. If Diaz had more power things might be different, but as I see it Diaz is going to get cut and stopped.

I saw that JMM ran into the superior puncher, and he was paid dearly in the fist round, most fighters wouldn't have survived the fist round.

diaz was landing CLEAN shots on marquez early and was in his face pushing the pace. just like the first fight... marquez's best chance is to land that big shot that diaz doesnt see coming.

marquez is gonna hit him also... its whether he lands that big fight changing shot. if he doesnt.... he's in for a longgggg night.

and if diaz does get hit, lets see if he has the intelligence to actually use his boxing skills and not stay true to his "bull" style. cause thats what lost him the fight the first time. he got hurt and still pressed forward and got KTFO!!!

I saw that JMM ran into the superior puncher, and he was paid dearly in the fist round, most fighters wouldn't have survived the fist round.

i wouldnt neccesary say the superior puncher... jmm is a counter puncher in the truest sense.. no matter who he fights, he's gonna take a few shots before he really starts to get in groove.

diaz always comes forward and comes hard... so it might of looked like he was overwhelming jmm.... but lets not forget, marquez was landing very clean, hard counters. those punches hurt wayyy more than volume combinations.

Just because JMM has lost to two of the best boxers in the world doesn't mean shit. Diaz just isn't cut from the same cloth, I see this being a beautiful display of couter punching. Diaz is going to get stuck in quick sand, he'll push the pace going blindly into traps; and then suddenly he'll realize whats happening but the harder he stuggles the quicker he'll sink. JMM 9th rd.

Marquez wins the 2nd fight, and if anything, it will be easier this time around. Diaz has one speed and one style, and he has zero ability to adjust his game plan. Marquez is the best in the world after Mayweather Jr. at adjusting. He's going to pick Diaz apart again, and probably get another stoppage victory.

HBO PPV, Sky Sports (UK), 9:00 p.m. Eastern ($49.95), Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz II, Joel Casamayor vs. Robert Guerrero, Jorge Linares vs. Rocky Juarez, Daniel Jacobs vs. Dmitry Pirog. I know there are some people out there who have complained that the headline fight isn't pay per view material, but I laud the card that Golden Boy has put together here, and I encourage people to actually go out and buy it. People complain constantly about crummy undercards - well, this one has four solid fights, all of which are competitive on paper and one of which is a rematch of last year's fight of the year. I won't go into too much detail on the fights themselves, as we'll be having further coverage during the week, but there shouldn't be a blowout fight on this card, and besides the main event that promises to be a war, all of the undercard fights have decent sleeper potential. Particularly intriguing is Jacobs vs. Pirog, a matchup between two very good undefeated prospects, both of whom have the potential to be near the top of the middleweight division for a long time. Win or lose, I expect Pirog to make some new fans, as he has a much more "American" style than most Eastern European fighters

very good card

Also Directv is showing their old fights up until the Sat. They just played JMM-Diaz, next is Diaz-Katsidis, then JMM-Barrera

Back