am i the only one who don't want edgar

I honestly believe that Mcgregor has a better chance to beat Aldo than Frankie. The only way to beat Aldo is to KO him. Mcgregor can do that; not frankie.

I don't understand why someone wouldn't want to see Aldo vs McGregor.

Bang. This.

All the "He needs to fight a wrestler" talk. Nonsense if he beats Siver then fights Also he'll fight a wrestler after that.

Ideally, I want to see him crush a good wrestler before getting a shot at a champ he matches up more favourably with. Not going to happen, but that's how I would have liked it.

As a second option, I'd like to see McGregor stomped by a good wrestler before he got a chance to see Aldo.

My least favourite scenario would be him getting a shot after Siever, dethroning Aldo, and then losing the belt to the first wrestler who comes along. That would be some paper champ stuff.

Basically, I'd prefer worthy and well-tested challengers. There are many worse cases of undeserved title shots in the UFCs history, but I react a little more strongly when the contender so obviously gets hand picked matchups. Still not huge, but not nothing either.

I agree. We already saw Aldo vs Edgar at UFC 156. I personally don't think the outcome would be much different in the rematch.

Aldo vs McGregor is the money fight, and the fight that we all want to watch at the end of the day. If McGregor was to win versus Siver, he deserves the title shot.

We got a beautiful fight in FW to make, Frankie Edgar vs Chad Mendes. Both of those fighters are in the same position, both lost to Aldo. Make that fight happen.

TIL 2 years and 3 fights ago = just fought for the title.

I am more interested in Edgar vs McGregor then any other fight at 145.

I'm cool with either getting the next shot.

McGregor should be fighting Edgar for a title shot, not Siver. But I guess McGregor fighting Aldo is best for business.

Dominant win and finish over cub swanson > anything Conor has done

I agree and Edgar deserves the title shot, but Conor is a hot fad and huge draw. If Conor beats Siver, Conor will get the shot because he is such a big draw even though Edgar deserves the shot more.

I would like to see edgar vs mcgregor before either one gets a title shot

I agree and Edgar deserves the title shot, but Conor is a hot fad and huge draw. If Conor beats Siver, Conor will get the shot because he is such a big draw even though Edgar deserves the shot more.

Why does Edgar deserve it more? His only good win is Cub. Meanwhile Mcgregor will be on the longest winstreak at FW other than Aldo, with all wins coming against top 15 opponents at the time of the fights.

I would like to see edgar vs mcgregor before either one gets a title shot

Connor and aldo will be an exciting match everyone will want to see. His wrestling hasn't been tested against a beast like Edgar so no sense wasting a good match up when both can fight for the title this way.

This.

If you hate McGregor and think he's all hype then you get to see him destroyed by the best p4p fighter there is.

If you're a fan of McGregor you get to see him fight for the title and possibly prove all the haters wrong.

Everyone loves some Frankie Edgar gtfo with this thread ts....

I can't stand Frank Edgar

On topic I'd rather see Aldo/Mcgregor, however Edgar has earned it.

I'd rather see Mendes/Lamas/Edgar fight each other.

Let's put this discussion to rest (again), McGregor gets the shot for purely money making purposes. UFC is a business and they want to make money. I equate it to the GSP/Hardy fight. Just a filler fight of someone different for the champ.

The only real concern is if Aldo gets hurt during the win and is out for a while. If there is an upset, and it would be a huge upset despite the legion of leprechauns who believe otherwise, it shakes up the division for a fight or two.

Deserving a title shot has never taken priority over making money.

Back