Am i the only one who doesnt like potatoes?

I don't find potatoes very interesting. They're often included in North American restaurants because they're cheap AF. Restaurants love filling your plate with 70% fries, literally costs them 25 cents and the plebs love it.

Yams are cool though, their flavour profile is much more interesting.

Im with you. Mash potatos may be... but I prefer sweet potatos or another carb.

Roasted red potatoes with salt, pepper, olive oil and some garlic is delicious. I don’t believe that you don’t enjoy that.

I'm from Antrim, from close to Belfast (Newtownabbey)....live in Belfast now. I haven't even been alive for 35 years, so clearly a different generation haha.

So your a Cork man who lives in England, and you play yank football? (If I remember right) Interesting if nothing else!

Aye, and talks about it to American karate fans... See ya round!

I don't find potatoes very interesting. They're often included in North American restaurants because they're cheap AF. Restaurants love filling your plate with 70% fries, literally costs them 25 cents and the plebs love it.

Yams are cool though, their flavour profile is much more interesting.
They charge like $4 for a large fry at Mc donalds which is like 1/3 of a potato. or 5-10 cents. Big time mark up in getting America fat.

I dont get peoples fascination with French fries, baked potatoes, hash browns.....etc. They do nothing for me. Seems like nothing but empty tasteless calories. Food should be delicious. Potatoes taste like nothing except what you put on them.

Im sitting in my work cafeteria and the cook just put out French fries and everyone goes apeshit. Reminds me of the seals surrounding your boat after a fishing trip

Edit: Sweet potatoes are a different story. Im talking about regular potatoes

french fries, and hash browns are amazing

those crispy fries and the hasbrowns for breakfast with sausage and eggs and bacon are amazing

Potatoes are in my top 3 food lol
1 Veal steak
2 Chicken
3 Potatoes

Either 1+3 or 2+3 are pure win to me, i don't even need spices outside salt

No bacon?
What is wrong with you!?!?

Good, more for me.

Mashed potatoes are my favorite side food.

French fries and ketchup are awesome...
1d0388969f5630606e40906d8b50eb01.gif

Love Potatoes, Yams, Sweet Potatoes, yuca etc.,

Potatoes are tasty and satisfying if prepared properly (mashed, sauteed, fried). It is just too bad that they are part of the Nightshade family because those induce inflammation in the body.

Potatoes on their own do nothing for me unless they are fried or stuffed with grease, which makes them unhealthy. The only healthy potatoes I like are hash browns scrambled with eggs.

OP, you would not last pissing time in Ireland.
Steamed baby potatoes, eaten with their skin on and a touch of butter and salt is one of the true joys in life.
That sweetnesssss....

Potatoes taste like nothing except what you put on them.
Bingo. People like bland foods that can be jazzed up like potatoes, pasta, rice, grits, tofu, polenta, etc. These are staple foods of the world's collective diet.

Bingo. People like bland foods that can be jazzed up like potatoes, pasta, rice, grits, tofu, polenta, etc. These are staple foods of the world's collective diet.
I would argue that pasta and rice have their own flavor by themselves

Beets
carrots
asparagus
cauliflower
Zucchini
Brussel sprouts

Off the top of my head

All of those things taste better raw, except brussel sprouts.

And beets, but fuck beets.

Not for nothing, but potatoes aren't a vegetable, and they're an entirely different experience roasted. Sadly they're sugar bombs, which is one reason they're so delicious.

Back