Am i the only one who doesnt like potatoes?

would you like some sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes?

me:<bball1>
I definitely make that face.. especially when I order fries with something and they interject with "sweet potato or regular fries?" GTFO.

LWz6_L.gif

I dont get peoples fascination with French fries, baked potatoes, hash browns.....etc. They do nothing for me. Seems like nothing but empty tasteless calories. Food should be delicious. Potatoes taste like nothing except what you put on them.

Im sitting in my work cafeteria and the cook just put out French fries and everyone goes apeshit. Reminds me of the seals surrounding your boat after a fishing trip

Edit: Sweet potatoes are a different story. Im talking about regular potatoes

How do you feel about other starches? Rice, bread, noodles, pizza crust, tortillas, dumplings, etc?
Most cuisines have some mild flavored starch as a component, potatoes aren't really much different.

I love potatoes.
martian-potatoes-ep-2016.jpg

yum yum

Thank you Peru/Bolivia for potatoes.

There's not liking potatoes, and there's not having strong feelings for them either way.

And then there are so many ways to cook and eat potatoes that you really cant compare them to other vegetables. It's the most versatile.
Proper mashed potatoes have no rival

I'm Irish, of course I fucking like potatos....

potato bread >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

bb59a352-f55f-41aa-a858-df8f2f979c77.jpg

Mashed potatos are out-fucking-standing. Roast potatos are great. Chips (fries...) are great, especially handcut chips like you get in a restaurant or pub. Hash browns, meh, but still ok.

Hell you can even make great alcohol out of it:

Glendalough_small.jpg

feature-poitin-e1521125067114.jpg

^^^ the origin of whiskey (uisce beatha), what americans would call moonshine...obviously much older than american distilling.

I am Irish and do not approve of this messege.

How do you feel about other starches? Rice, bread, noodles, pizza crust, tortillas, dumplings, etc?
Most cuisines have some mild flavored starch as a component, potatoes aren't really much different.
Love all other starches

Love all other starches

"...taste like nothing except what you put on them."

I would say that's a fairly close description for most styles of pastas and rice.
Breads and potatoes, get most of their flavor from maillard reaction under high heat.

Wait you're Irish? I always thought you were English for some reason. Where you from?

Cork, Dunmanway. I've been in England for over 35 years so pretty much an outsider everywhere now! You?

Cork, Dunmanway. I've been in England for over 35 years so pretty much an outsider everywhere now! You?

I'm from Antrim, from close to Belfast (Newtownabbey)....live in Belfast now. I haven't even been alive for 35 years, so clearly a different generation haha.

So your a Cork man who lives in England, and you play yank football? (If I remember right) Interesting if nothing else!

I'm ok with The Hills having Eyes

but fuck all with potatoes having them

satan's fruit IMO

I only like yams. Regular wt potatoes are garbage. Might as well eat a Milky way & mountain dew - tastes better and about same cal.

I'm pretty much a vegetarian only eat fresh caught fish and farm raised chicken and OFC veggies but won't touch the white potatoes.

And here I thought you were a good person TS. SMH.

Back