Am I the only one who doesn't care about Cyborg getting her own division?

I know she's probably the best WMMA fighter and beats Tate/Nunes/Holm at catchweight of 140 but I just don't give two shits.

Her fights don't interest me. Notorious drug cheat. There's like 8 girls at 135 who know what they are doing and that number would be even less at 145 pounds. She's not a 'needle mover' though the way she acts on twitter she seems to think she's a big shot.

I'd probably cheer for Ronda against her.
You're not the only one, and I will be cheering too.
She's a damn good fighter, but she's annoying as fuck.

She should get off the PEDs and fight at 135. She's less of a coward than Ronda though.

imbeciles, she missed weight a couple times making 145, how the f**k do you think she can go down to 135???
put her against a top 5 male flyweight

I'm cool with seeing Cyborg KO a new can every 3 months till the division builds up & it will , 135 started with Rousey vs Carmouche .

I don't think we can compare those situations
135 was taken from Strikeforce, they were running that division for 4 years and had had 3 champions before Ronda (Sarah, Coenen, Miesha)
145 is really shallow, even if you can take Invicta roster, I'm sure you couldn't get 8 decent fighters to build the division,
Even worse, some recognized 145 fighters signed with Bellator (Coenen, Budd, Blencowe, Talita) when Coker re opened the division

Blame them both? You do know they kept on fighting after this fiasco right? Ronda and Cyborg could have met at CW Superfight all these years. Cyborg wasn't the one making up excuses and declining. Shit I remember when Ronda made her debut against Liz and most of Sherdog was pissed it wasn't against Cyborg, most of us thought Cyborg vs Ronda was the only Wmma fight worthy of being in the Ufc. Fast forward a couple of years and it's like people forgot or Zuffa hype machine just persuaded them.

Yeah, I know. I also know that the first fight did not occur because Cyborg got caught cheating, so she will always get a greater ration of shit from me. Both talked shit afterwords, and they both wanted every possible advantage or excuse not to fight.

Cyborg originally contracted with the UFC to make 135 under Tito's wonderful guidance, then asked to be released from the damn contract.

And I think even at 135 Cyborg still wins. That being said, both talked endless shit, neither did shit they said they would. So yes, blame them both.

Justino
Coenen
Budd
Tweet
Blencowe
Dandois
Anderson
Walker
Holloway
Ibragimova

Nice to see you pull someone who routinely fights at 135.

I agree you can form a 145 division, but it is an utter wasteland with respect to talent. After Cyborg and Marloes, well, the pickings get very slim. Otherwise half of Cyborg's opponents would not have moved up one or two weight classes to fight her.

Nice to see you pull someone who routinely fights at 135.

I agree you can form a 145 division, but it is an utter wasteland with respect to talent. After Cyborg and Marloes, well, the pickings get very slim. Otherwise half of Cyborg's opponents would not have moved up one or two weight classes to fight her.
They're all ranked at 145, some would have to come from Bellator. No different from Ronda, Tate and the rest starting the 135 division in the UFC.

Justino
Coenen
Budd
Tweet
Blencowe
Dandois
Anderson
Walker
Holloway
Ibragimova

Coenen - No - contracted to Bellator
Budd - No - Contracted to Bellator
Tweet - Yes - But shes got very little career let, shes nearly 40 and hes already lost to Cyborg
Blencowe - No - Contracted to Bellator
Dandois - Yes - I listed her as one of the two free
Anderson- Yes - I listed her as one of the two free
Walker - Pah.. shes terrible, shes actually worse than Peggy Morgan
Holloway - No - Contracted to Bellator (and shes 2-4 in her last six, and already lost to the awful Latoya Walker)
Ibragimova - No - Lost hopelessly to Cyborg earlier in the year.

So to Dandois and Anderson who I gave you, you can add Tweet. (For about a year till she retires and does wrestling with Shayna)

Still 1 short

And thats just to get a division of five figthers. :D

(Bellator wont let Coenen, Budd etc go to the UFC, if anything they will try and sign Anderson)

And to be honest, Cyborg doesnt even defend her Invicta belt now so why should the UFC create one for her.

Last edited:
Other than the talent level and experience. Again, the experience drop off is huge after the top two. Just the way it is, numbers do not lie.

It has taken a long time to fill up the two women's divisions they have now, but the UFC has been somewhat picky (been some really stupid additions to the UFC roster also). 135 struggled at first because the UFC was not sure how well WMMA would play to their audience.

Do I think there could be a 145 division in the UFC? Yes. But other than the top two, with a possible 2-3 seasoning well with more experience, it will remain a wasteland. That division has always been the weakest in WMMA. Compare the numbers at Tapology, for example. Hell, 105 is a bigger division than 145, even with some of the atomweights moving up to 115 to compete in the UFC.

Not enough fighters to sustain a quality product.

Yeah, I know. I also know that the first fight did not occur because Cyborg got caught cheating, so she will always get a greater ration of shit from me. Both talked shit afterwords, and they both wanted every possible advantage or excuse not to fight.

Cyborg originally contracted with the UFC to make 135 under Tito's wonderful guidance, then asked to be released from the damn contract.

And I think even at 135 Cyborg still wins. That being said, both talked endless shit, neither did shit they said they would. So yes, blame them both.
Stopped reading at first fight didn't happen because Cyborg got caught cheating. I thought we already discussed this with me saying nobody knows if Ronda was really gonna fight her or was just talking shit and posturing like always. Cyborg is the Goat long before Ronda was relevant, saying she needs to come all the way down to 135 is Bs and making excuses. A Cw at 140 would have been perfect, except Ronda declined and hid behind her weight class. If you wanna say Cyborg is bigger, Ronda shouldn't have to fight her. Fine, but stfu and admit she is the goat and Ronda doesn't want to fight her because she is scared and stands no chance. Don't act like they are both to blame when Cyborg would take the fight at CW tomorrow.

Stopped reading at first fight didn't happen because Cyborg got caught cheating. I thought we already discussed this with me saying nobody knows if Ronda was really gonna fight her or was just talking shit and posturing like always.

Cyborg's lawyers testified under oath. Some people find that to have merit.

If you wanna say Cyborg is bigger, Ronda shouldn't have to fight her. Fine, but stfu and admit she is the goat and Ronda doesn't want to fight her because she is scared and stands no chance. Don't act like they are both to blame when Cyborg would take the fight at CW tomorrow.

Never said that Cyborg should have to come down. So, other than ignoring evidence and making straw man arguments, do you have anything of value to offer? Otherwise, I am busy trashing Ronda in another thread.

Coenen - No - contracted to Bellator
Budd - No - Contracted to Bellator
Tweet - Yes - But shes got very little career let, shes nearly 40 and hes already lost to Cyborg
Blencowe - No - Contracted to Bellator
Dandois - Yes - I listed her as one of the two free
Anderson- Yes - I listed her as one of the two free
Walker - Pah.. shes terrible, shes actually worse than Peggy Morgan
Holloway - No - Contracted to Bellator (and shes 2-4 in her last six, and already lost to the awful Latoya Walker)
Ibragimova - No - Lost hopelessly to Cyborg earlier in the year.

So to Dandois and Anderson who I gave you, you can add Tweet. (For about a year till she retires and does wrestling with Shayna)

Still 1 short

And thats just to get a division of five figthers. :D

(Bellator wont let Coenen, Budd etc go to the UFC, if anything they will try and sign Anderson)

And to be honest, Cyborg doesnt even defend her Invicta belt now so why should the UFC create one for her.
Cyborg doesn't defend her Invicta title because the UFC keeps lining up fights for her instead. So yes, they should create a division for her.

So once you sign with Bellator you can never leave?
1380964682-1111-o.jpg

Anybody picking Carano to win that fight beforehand was thinking with their dick.

Because of Carano's bad fight IQ? Or insufficient ground skills?

Carano had Cyborg in full mount, in the first round, doing ground and pound on her, and then abandoned the dominant position and just let Cyborg up.

What was the testimony? Do you have a transcript of the hearing or a copy of the affidavit? Where is the signed fight agreement? How come no one talks about the supposed fight? Rousey refused to go to 145 in talks during Cyborg's suspension, If there had been a previously signed fight at either weight don't you think that would have been mentioned in the negotiations? There never was an agreement to fight at 135 or 145. It's obvious.

Never said that Cyborg should have to come down. So, other than ignoring evidence and making straw man arguments, do you have anything of value to offer? Otherwise, I am busy trashing Ronda in another thread.
Again, nothing was set in stone and it was more Cyborg/Sf HOPING that's the way it was gonna play out. Cyborg got trolled into thinking Ronda really wanted to fight her and her using it to get a lighter sentence doesn't mean Ronda was really gonna fight Cyborg. We already discussed this, like I said. Same tired arguments. Cyborg haters hang their hat on that argument and it's really stupid considering Ronda made excuse after excuse to not fight Cyborg for years after while Cyborg would fight Ronda tomorrow at CW if she could. It's like "Remember that one time years ago after she dropped a division she said she would fight her? Well that's Da Proof! She isn't scared".:rolleyes:

Again, nothing was set in stone and it was more Cyborg/Sf HOPING that's the way it was gonna play out.

So I guess her legal team committed perjury?

Seriously? Do you throw your back out reaching like that? Pathetic.

Cyborg got trolled into thinking Ronda really wanted to fight her and her using it to get a lighter sentence doesn't mean Ronda was really gonna fight Cyborg. We already discussed this, like I said. Same tired arguments. Cyborg haters hang their hat on that argument and it's really stupid considering Ronda made excuse after excuse to not fight Cyborg for years after while Cyborg would fight Ronda tomorrow at CW if she could. It's like "Remember that one time years ago after she dropped a division she said she would fight her? Well that's Da Proof! She isn't scared".:rolleyes:

Good job that you are talking about Cyborg haters. I dislike both Ronda and Cyborg. Do you have anything relevant for me that is not a denial of facts?

What was the testimony? Do you have a transcript of the hearing or a copy of the affidavit? Where is the signed fight agreement? How come no one talks about the supposed fight? Rousey refused to go to 145 in talks during Cyborg's suspension, If there had been a previously signed fight at either weight don't you think that would have been mentioned in the negotiations? There never was an agreement to fight at 135 or 145. It's obvious.

People have spoken of it for some time. Previously linked article about it in the thread.

Affidavit was submitted 09APR2012. No, I do not have a copy, as I am not a member of the CSAC. However, will see what I can find. It may take some time. And since I had to post a tweet that you could not find, you will be understandingly patient if it takes me a couple of days. Not sure what access the public has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back