Am I the only one who doesn't care about Cyborg getting her own division?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Willek, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Willek

Willek Silver Belt

I know she's probably the best WMMA fighter and beats Tate/Nunes/Holm at catchweight of 140 but I just don't give two shits.

Her fights don't interest me. Notorious drug cheat. There's like 8 girls at 135 who know what they are doing and that number would be even less at 145 pounds. She's not a 'needle mover' though the way she acts on twitter she seems to think she's a big shot.

I'd probably cheer for Ronda against her.

2. Eater of Souls

Eater of Souls Guardian of the Gate

Really, 145 is still a wasteland. I am interested in WMMA, so I keep up on shit, but holy hell trying to put together a decent roster is scary.

3. deviake

deviake NightwingBJJ Belt

You're the only one.

EJF1984, Ken Fresno and phys_therapy like this.
  4. Kingz

Kingz Gold Belt

135 was created in Strikeforce for 145 refugees who wanted nothing to do with Cristiane Cyborg Justino. Jaws couldn't chase his victims on land. Cyborg is never going to make 135 and to ask her to deplete herself physically ruins any interest of seeing Cyborg fight at all. Since being the beast who can barely make 145 is who she is. If those girls don't want to step up to fight the long time queen of 145 then i suppose that's her fate. It makes her the baddest chick though since all the other girls are afraid to challenge her. Maybe she'll become obscure like the great NFL cornerback who seems like they have fallen off the face of the earth, but then you realize you never hear about them getting interceptions or breaking up passes because quarterbacks have opted never to throw in their direction.

I think UFC will make 145 an official division for Cyborg. Since the DuckCyborgWeight division has become a mess of parity and who knows when/if Honda is returning. UFC thinks it's getting safer to make Cyborg a regular because they don't have anybody to protect from her and they aren't worried about fans rallying for DuckCyborgWeights to fight at 140. Cyborg has fought for UFC and all of a sudden you don't hear shit about Dana insisting she makes 135.

5. Kumason

Kumason MMA freak!

Nobody should care about them adding the worst division in all of mma,and on forums other than Sherdog people almost unanimously agree that would be worthless.I assume you only come here if that's what you think.

Rubberneck76 likes this.
  6. georgekillian

georgekillian Purple Belt

No you're not the only one. I don't give two fucks about cyborg. Can't make weight because she was a doper for so long. She does not hold nearly enough cache to demand her own division.

7. Dana_is_your_GOD

Dana_is_your_GOD Banned Banned

Gabi Garcia V Cyborg. Make it happen.

VitorReem and thatdude21601 like this.
  8. runnpray

runnpray Full Kit Wanker

Just make 136 already and then 135 for the belt. Geesh.

9. thatdude21601

thatdude21601 Bananarama Belt

I've been into idea of 155+ heavyweight recently. No weight cut Cyborg beating the eff out of Gabi Garcia, Bellator pogo stick, and whatever giant Euro/Brazilian kickboxer would be fun. Maybe Jaws can't chase people onto shore, but Jaws can fight giant squid, whales, or a school of Barracuda.

10. BAZ Rutten

BAZ Rutten Black Belt

She deserves her own weight class in the UFC imo.

I love watching her destroy, the UFC can put her on Brazil cards 3 times a year if they wish.

thatdude21601 likes this.
  11. SocraticMethod

SocraticMethod Kingmaker

Unless she's fighting at 135, I don't care about Cyborg at all.

2DUM2TAP likes this.
  12. phys_therapy

phys_therapy Purple Belt

The only one in the entire world, no, the universe!

13. FedorFanBoy

FedorFanBoy SLEEP EAT MMA REPEAT Double Yellow Card

UFC sooner or later will make higher weight division. And Justino is WMMA best product. She fights like high level male mma fighter.

14. FlyThaiMMA

FlyThaiMMA Purple Belt

It's hilarious how I see the same EXACT people who shit on male PED cheats, support one of the biggest and blatant PED cheats of all time in Cyborg just because they hate Ronda. It's pathetic

15. JoshR86

JoshR86 Black Belt

135 is filled with a bunch of 125'ers and 115'ers, they made a division for Ronda. 145 was more stacked then 135, but the UFC didnt want the face of WMMA to be a man so they went with division Ronda instead.

If Gina Corano beat Cyborg you can bet there would be a 145lb division instead of 135

16. ZuffaExecutive

ZuffaExecutive Red Belt

No but i dont see the point of 140 fights constantly.Either make 135 or do 145 fights.

17. ZuffaExecutive

ZuffaExecutive Red Belt

Name a 115er there.135 is filled with 135ers 125ers and former 145ers.And thats only a semi decent divison with 3 classes filling it up

18. Eater of Souls

Eater of Souls Guardian of the Gate

115's? Really? And yes, a couple girls moved up. But you compare the talent levels or the rosters at the various weights. Even before she pissed hot, Cyborg was talking about moving down because there was no competition at 135.

And yes, Carano had much greater marketability than Cyborg. Hell, she still does. And, of course, Carano had the same issue as Cyborg: fighting smaller competition constantly. Girls routinely moved up to fight her as well. Of course she only fought 7 times before running into Cyborg. Anybody picking Carano to win that fight beforehand was thinking with their dick.

SeverianB likes this.
  19. Captain

Captain Orange Belt

I can't blame anyone for disliking WMMA, but if you're going to hate on Cyborg because she's a drug cheat then you should also hate half the male roster. Do you also proclaim your dislike of male fighters that have used in the past?

TheNinja and Thepaintbucket like this.
  20. Death By Samson

Death By Samson Silver Belt

My thoughts exactly

SeverianB and Thepaintbucket like this.