Am I the only one that saw multiple shots to the back of the head ? Moose vs Munoz

Why do people do this after every fight? Would you rather just have no contests or dqs all the time because of insignificant strikes that happen in almost every fight because it is an extremely dynamic sport?

If a clearly illegal shot drops a guy or ends the fight then I understand but Munoz got absolutely dominated whether there were a few strikes that were questionable or not and I love Munoz, check my sig.

Doesn't matter. There's illegal hits in every fight. Sometimes they get seen, sometimes they don't. Munoz was getting dominated every way and wasn't going to win anyway.

It's going to happen if Munoz moves his head to try to block the shots.

tumblr_inline_n5sdvzxUEt1qhmm6r.gif

ohmy_GOOOOD.gif

Look, guys are actively defending by literally sticking the back of their heads in the direction the punches are coming from. People are going to get hit there because of it.

Speaking of illegal moves, what about those illegal short grabbing Munoz pulled to escape punishment and get double underhooks at the 1:35 mark?

Accidental back of the head shots are not entirely avoidable in the heat of the fight when fighters are scrambling and punching simultaneously.

10gn4v4.gif

I'm a moose fan but some of those shots seem illegal

They were VERY VERY consistent yesterday. There were more back of the head shots between the two cards then i ever remember happening before. They were all in the moment hits with guys moving. None of them were called by any of the refs. I didn't mind it.

MMA, teaching that exposing the back of your head in a fight is valid defense.

10gn4v4.gif

I'm a moose fan but some of those shots seem illegal

I see the first blow coming in from the side and hitting the side.
I see the second blow coming in from the side but missing and glancing the back of the head.
The next blows I see as elbows coming down and turning into the side of the head.

Thanks for the gif.

I hate fighters that turn their head to a blow so it lands on the back of the head. Same with those 3 point stance motherfuckers.

Munoz was no more than a hype wrecking machine a while back.
Since the Weidman fatality done to him, he should just retire.
After Weidman finished him via fatality, he turn into a Mark Hunt 2 at 260 pounds.

Should haev retire.
He's even below a gate keeper at this point at 185.

Idk why everyone is talking about when a fighter turns his head and gets hit in the back because of it, bc here you can clearly see Mousasi aiming for the back with punches and elbows. Refs never call it for whatever reason which is fine when it's accidental, but that's not always the case.

Idk why everyone is talking about when a fighter turns his head and gets hit in the back because of it, bc here you can clearly see Mousasi aiming for the back with punches and elbows. Refs never call it for whatever reason which is fine when it's accidental, but that's not always the case.

It's still a bit of both. Munoz is clearly burying his head into Mousasi's body to use the rules to limit what punches can hit him, and Mousasi is just as clearing hitting him in the back of the head anyways.

You gotta outlaw strikes to the back of the head if you don't want people to get paralyzed or killed, but then fighters abuse the rule like they abuse the downed position, which subtracts from the legitimacy of the contest. I don't see a clear solution to be honest.

Back