Am I the only one that saw multiple shots to the back of the head ? Moose vs Munoz

Beastos

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Throughout the whole fight, there was a few moments when the moose clearly hit Munoz with some powerful shots to the back of the head. The ref was at an angle where he couldn't see , but it was obvious . Anyone else catch that? I think even towards the end of the fight he landed a few.

Yeah I noticed he was blatantly hitting him in the back of the head at about 4:20 of the second round #blazeit

Yeah, should've been a warning, but I don't think they changed how the fight was going.

There were like 3-4 but who cares,but we only count them if it's a fighter we hate.They don't count for Moose.

Heat of the moment, shit happens. Guys are always going to get hit in the back of the head in MMA since the area is not well-defined--especially not when you're in the middle of a fight and a guy is moving his head trying to avoid getting punched.

Munoz probably would have KO'd him if it weren't for those illegal shots.

Honestly I just rewatched and hate to say it , he rocked him with a few illegal shots before finishing him .

Didn't even see the fight but in my experience... guy punches the legal side of head & a dozen sherderps will swear it was to the back of the head.

Illegal_Striking_Zones_PIC_large_huge.jpg

From the kids that brought you... Touch the fence with your hand? OMG he's grabbing the fence!1

Didn't even see the fight but in my experience... guy punches the legal side of head & a dozen sherderps will swear it was to the back of the head.

Illegal_Striking_Zones_PIC_large_huge.jpg

From the kids that brought you... Touch the fence with your hand? OMG he's grabbing the fence!1

Illegal is illegal, mmkay.

I really feel the only strike that should hit the back of the head are kicks. Since you can easily wrap a roundhouse around someone's neck if they happen to dip. I really hate that referees aren't on top of these strikes, because the front of the face is the front of the face. The same thing with this behind the ear shot, I feel that should be illegal. Once you start punching behind the ear you're entering the visual cortex zone. I really wish referees would show a mannequin with the painted area of what is acceptable. Also heat of the moment isn't an excuse for multiple shots. For the same reason hitting someone in the nuts in the heat of the moment isn't an excuse for multiple shots. A lot of the rules need to be reworked to discourage fighters from hanging out in the double or single position. The rule on 12 to 6 elbows is also undefined and I see guys throw it constantly, so that just needs to be removed so people fear being stuck in a single or double. Hurt the fighter before taking him down otherwise a good counter wrestler will really punish you with their back to the cage.

Heat of the moment, shit happens. Guys are always going to get hit in the back of the head in MMA since the area is not well-defined--especially not when you're in the middle of a fight and a guy is moving his head trying to avoid getting punched.

Or worse, the guy is actually moving the back of his head towards your punches. This happens all the time and its crazy when the aggressor gets in trouble for this.

There were a few I spotted, but they didn't seem that hard.

There's at least 1 shot to the back of the head in most fights. You're bound to hit it in certain positions when the guy's moving around. It's also hard for the ref to see where the shots land.

It is what it is.

Munoz probably would have KO'd him if it weren't for those illegal shots.
Lol smart ass
Hey smart guy, u don't get it, do ya? Rules are rules and they are in place to protect the fighters in a very dangerous sport. I haven't seen The fight so i won't comment on them specifically but it sounds like moose got away with a couple of em

Last edited:
They were quite a few dodgy shots to the back of the head, those elbows that people are throwing look bad.
Really its from the occipital lobes down through the cervical vertebrae that is to be protected.
We don't want to paralyse any fighters. They should start reffing against strikes to the area better.
I don't get why people defend it when its super obvious.

Its a fight. The realer the fight is, the better imo.

And the camera was not in the proper anhle to catch the image so no one could have seen the illegal blows. Innocent until proven guilty.

Lol smart ass
Hey smart guy, u don't get it, do ya? Rules are rules and they are in place to protect the fighters in a very dangerous sport. I haven't see. The fight so i won't comment on them specifically but it sounds like moose got away with a couple of em

tumblr_inline_n5sdvzxUEt1qhmm6r.gif

Yeah I saw 2-3, but they weren't hard shots, looked like Mousasi's aim was messed up

Back