Am I the only one that isn't entertained by watching Gaethje fight?

I do get stressed when watching him fight, he has the same coach as Rose who has epic footwork but he just stands there leg kicking and throwing the same 1-2, zero defense.

How technical were Romery and Whittaker round 4-5? Both were gassed. I like violence no matter if it's "technical" or not.

Leonard Garcia fans finally found someone new to latch on to

I think I can understand where OP is coming from. Gaethje is an exceptional and entertaining fighter, but something about his style makes me wanna vomit...

It's up to him if he wants brain damage I guess, but I don't think it's that amazing to watch.
It's not boring, don't get me wrong, but I mainly like good fights. I'm not watching youtube footage of random people fighting and beating others up. I cringe a little at the amount of punishment he keeps taking almost every fight.
Not saying Gaethje doesn't have skills, just saying he should use them and focus a lot more on defense. This guy might very well end up worse than Goodridge. I hate to see that.

So violence is cool, but I only like watching it in the context of two elite fighters inflicting damage to each other in a somewhat technical way, a la Romero vs Whittaker 2 or Gus vs Jones.

I am definitely entertained by it but it's not my favourite style of fighting. I don't like the "just bleed" style of maximum violence. I like seeing high level skills and strategy, i'd prefer conor's fighting style more to gaethje.

Fedor in his prime was probably the best example, not now, but he used to win a lot of his fights using strategy as well as an aggressive style and high level skills.

Extremely entertaining, but also frustrating that Justin is blocking punches with his face and not using his elite wrestling. A little bit more "controlled aggression" and strategy and he could be a top fighter - instead he's getting KO'd by Porier. Justin trains under Trevor Wittman at Grudge, so he has all the resources too.

e3655f053691f53a60681a5c73434cf2.gif
Someone needs to tell her how stupid that looks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back