Am I the only one really happy when the UFC puts money in a hypejob and it all goes down the drain?

The Accuser

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Like when they did this lengthy special on PVZ during the Fox broadcast and did nothing to hype up Michelle Waterson (or "Waterman" as Goldie put it) or hype up the fight in general. Just make a special on PVZ as to make her the new Rousey of 115. And then she gets choked out in the first round.

Speaking of Rousey, I'm not seeing a single promotional clip on the actual champ, Amanda Nunes, the girl Rogan called a "badass" before Holm kicked Rousey's head off. I hope fate fucks with the UFC one more time come Dec 30.

People who feel this way REALLY need to find a productive hobby

That last fight was the most embarrassing thing in MMA since the Dada 5000 Kimbo debacle. Mainly because it was the main event just because she is pretty.

Nah, I don't mind the hyping of fighters, as long as it's not too obnoxious or over the top, and as long as said fighter isn't completely douchey.

Like when they did this lengthy special on PVZ during the Fox broadcast and did nothing to hype up Michelle Waterson (or "Waterman" as Goldie put it) or hype up the fight in general. Just make a special on PVZ as to make her the new Rousey of 115. And then she gets choked out in the first round.

Speaking of Rousey, I'm not seeing a single promotional clip on the actual champ, Amanda Nunes, the girl Rogan called a "badass" before Holm kicked Rousey's head off. I hope fate fucks with the UFC one more time come Dec 30.
Paige, Conor, Sage...
They all got choked out

Only Ronda went out swinging

The thing about hype, is that you DON'T have to pay attention to it

That last fight was the most embarrassing thing in MMA since the Dada 5000 Kimbo debacle. Mainly because it was the main event just because she is pretty.

Worst main event I ever saw was either couture/coleman or stipe/Brazilian homer

I am happy when dana squirms or when he had to put the title around cain.

I like watching fights, I could care less about all of the hoopla, hype, ppv numbers and bullshit that goes on in-between cards.

I like Michelle a lot and think she does deserve a push, both inside and out of the cage. However, with that said, she's had how many injuries and fight cancellations this year? I know of two major ones. The reality is, Michelle had one fight in 2015 and one fight in 2016.

I think now is the time to push her, but it's risky to push someone who's recently been so prone to injuries.

On the other hand, PVZ had a fantastic year, despite the big loss she had at the end of 2015. Dancing with the Stars was big for both her and the UFC, and then she came back with a spectacular ko when she returned.

You can point at conspiracies and favoritism but when you actually look at what's going on, it's obvious why one received a push and the other did not.

I'm looking forward to Michelle staying active but I'm hesitant to to get too excited for it.

I don't think losses are that big of a deal for a lot of fighters, especially when they are young. I do think year long injuries are immensely damaging to fighters and their careers.

Well TS if your favorite fighter was worth a damn they would put money into them too.

I'm not speaking about PVZ, who I do not consider a fabricated star. But of course it's fun to see hype jobs blow up in the face of the UFC or any other organization.

It is amusing when the hype job is so transparent. Such as PVZ's "it factor."

talking of hype job wtf is up with the UFC and Rhonda promo they gone full retard or what?

Tap out in the beginning of the year, Against a 10 days notice Partying nate diaz,
End of the year move ahead of Everyone and fight for the title, because it's a favourable matchup.

And people actually believe in the hype, <cheer> its kind of funny imo

Waterman, ahhh Goldie, lol.

PS: How was she ranked only 11 when she went through #7 like nothing?

Back